ALL INDIA LICENSE

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: ALL INDIA LICENSE

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:27 pm

mankaran_sandhu wrote:But unfortunately due to the 2016 arms act it’s valid only for a period of 3 years and then I have to get it renewed again. Will the 2017 amendments posted above help me getting it changed to Lifetime validity?
Please read Section 15 of Arms Act 1959. As per Section 15 of Arms Act 1959, license can be issued maximum for 3 years. So just forget about lifetime validity at the moment. When time for renewal comes, just get it renewed for all india again. If some problem comes at that time, then think at that time.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

For Advertising mail webmaster
Jkdatta66
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Jkdatta66 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:21 pm

The licensing authorities in different locations and states are pretty arbitrary,they have their own whims and fancies,arms rules 2016 provides for keeping the area validity intact and normally it is left as it is,unless some thing stands out they won’t alter it,but by and large the licensing authorities are law unto themselves,schedule V of the arms rules 2016 lays down the time limit for renewal, issue, sale permission etc,it took me two years to get permission to sell firearms against a limit of 5 days prescribed in schedule V.Appeal etc are not effective,high courts are the last resort.

dss194
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dss194 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:06 pm

Can all India arms license be renewed from duty stn or it has to be from issuing city

dss194
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

ALL INDIA LICENSE

Post by dss194 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:04 pm

Can all India arms license be renewed from duty stn or it has to be from issuing city

Reddick
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Reddick » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:35 pm

@mavshot

Hello Dear!
I'm an Arms License holder valid for Punjab state only and want to extend my license jurisdiction.
Would you please elaborate me that how did you got your All India Arms License in details?
Thanks a lot :)

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:18 pm

You will have to give application to your DM, explaining why you need All India Validity. On being satisfied with your reasoning, DM can accept your application. Then there will be police verification. After completion of police report, your file will be completed and DM will recommend your file to Additional Chief Secretary of Punjab through Home department branch of Punjab Secretariat Chandigarh.

There again your case will be reviewed and if the authorities are satisfied you will be given AIV else your file will be cancelled.

The important thing is that you will need approach from some influcial politician. Without approach DM, SSP (police report) and Add. Chief Secretary won't sign your file.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Reddick
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Reddick » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:11 pm

Okay , Thank you very much for your support :)

I will positively follow the procedure till it got granted.
Rest depends on my efforts too :D