Definition of firearm in indian laws?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
FPSguy88
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Definition of firearm in indian laws?

Post by FPSguy88 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:35 pm

yes i know i asked so much questions but keeping myself to break the law makes me to ask questions.

so i want to know what is true definition of firearm in indian laws?
because according to wikipedia firearm is weapon that shoots projectile from propellant (gunpowder) but i seen many youtubers making DIY projects that shoots projectiles from armstrong mixture ( explosive that used in primers and p caps) such as building small cannons convert cap gun revolver to shoot bb from it. so if a indian also do that DIY projects than it will recognise as illegal production of firearm or it just legal. i'm asking this because there few indian youtubers who makes small cannon fill them with powder of matchheads and shoot it so they are breaking the laws or not?

i'm also was planing to make a cap gun to shoot pellets from energy of explosion of cap thats why i asking before making so i won't break the laws? i know :stupid:

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Definition of firearm in indian laws?

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:07 pm

1. For the purpose of legal definition of firearm, any source other than Arms Act 1959 is totally irrelevant. Please read Arms Act 1959 to know the definition of firearm.

2. About your second question related to DIY projects etc., I would prefer not to answer for obvious reasons, because it has a very high probability to be misunderstood, misconstrued or misinterpreted by anyone reading this forum. Neither I am going to answer such a question over PM or email for similar reasons.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992