Questions regarding buying guns belonging to Shooter and TR person

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Musale
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Questions regarding buying guns belonging to Shooter and TR person

Post by Musale » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:03 am

Hello Everyone,

I have some questions regarding documents to be verified while buying a weapon belonging to renowned shots and TR person and its legality.
There have been very mixed suggestions/comments and thats the reason why I would like to get valuable comments from members here. Hope members would be able throw light on my questions which would be helpful to many people.

The question is about buying a gun which have been imported by renowned shots or through TR route.

1. Can/Could a renowned shot import any pistol other than one from his category (apparently this has been stopped since last year)? If yes then when can he legally sell it to a gun house or an individual who is not a shooter? And if sold to Gun house, then what papers should I check from the Gun house to ascertain the information so I that its not an illegal purchase?

2. From what I know TR weapons are not allowed to be sold till the lifetime of the person importing. Is this correct or there has been any relaxation in the rules and if yes then again what papers should I be checking for a weapon in this category from a Gun house or an said TR individual?

3. In DGFT's GENERAL PROVISIONS REGARDING EXPORTS AND IMPORTS Chapter 2 there is a mention in section 2.43.2 (b)
"Transfer of Imported Firearms will not require permission from DGFT (a) after 10 years of import or (b) on attaining the age of 60 years by such importer."
Who is this applicable to?

I am asking these questions because after talking to some Gun houses I am confused as some say its not exactly legal to buy a weapon owned by Renowned shot and TR while some say that its perfectly legal. So now I am worried that I shouldn't be duped by people just to make money.

I am a new license holder and intend to buy a weapon, so I wanted to get as much information as possible, before I go ahead and buy a weapon.

Regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Questions regarding buying guns belonging to Shooter and TR person

Post by Anand » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:35 am

Hi Musale,
Point No.3 above, refers to point No.2 above. It is perfectly legal to buy from either Renowned Shots or from TR weapon importers, as long as they have permission to sell issued by their LA's subject to Arms Rules and G.O's/ Notifications.

As for point No.1, a renowned shot in handguns normally is allowed to import Revolvers/Pistols in .22LR in Rimfire and .32 S&W Long; .38 Spl. in centerfire categories subject to barrel length restrictions (minimum 4-1/2" I think).

However, AFAIK ISSF does not restrict the usage of other calibers such as .30 Luger or the usage of Revolvers in .357 Mag(firing .38 Spl) as long as the bullet being fired is a wadcutter/target type and is made of lead (meaning not jacketed).I could be wrong on part or the entire statement (members please add or correct me).

I herd that this was being used to import a lot of .357 revolvers and re-sold( legally after 2 years), but has now resulted in a situation where a renowned shot in pistol categories has to shoot the required MQS for 3 years continously to be able to import a .357 revolver/pistol.(Again members please correct me if I am wrong)
I dont know whether this is a fact or a rumour, but this seems to be the situation.

Regards,
Anand

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Questions regarding buying guns belonging to Shooter and TR person

Post by mundaire » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:45 pm

Musale wrote:1. Can/Could a renowned shot import any pistol other than one from his category (apparently this has been stopped since last year)? If yes then when can he legally sell it to a gun house or an individual who is not a shooter? And if sold to Gun house, then what papers should I check from the Gun house to ascertain the information so I that its not an illegal purchase?

2. From what I know TR weapons are not allowed to be sold till the lifetime of the person importing. Is this correct or there has been any relaxation in the rules and if yes then again what papers should I be checking for a weapon in this category from a Gun house or an said TR individual?

3. In DGFT's GENERAL PROVISIONS REGARDING EXPORTS AND IMPORTS Chapter 2 there is a mention in section 2.43.2 (b)
"Transfer of Imported Firearms will not require permission from DGFT (a) after 10 years of import or (b) on attaining the age of 60 years by such importer."
Who is this applicable to?
1. If a firearm has been imported by a renowned shooter availing custom duty exemption, he/she may sell the same after obtaining NOC from NRAI. Once it has been sold to another individual, that person does not need any additional paperwork to further resell it. If custom duty has been paid by the renowned shooter, as far as I know there is no need even for NOC.

2. That used to be the case, but now what you have mentioned under point / question 3 is applicable. Also, if the TR is availed by someone from Indian Foreign Service/ Diplomats, even these caveats do not apply and they are free to sell the firearm without any encumbrance.

3. This applies to anyone (other than Diplomats) who imports a firearm under TR rules.

HTH

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Praveenkakarla
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

where can i find a lee enfild rifle scope

Post by Praveenkakarla » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:58 pm

how can i find lee enfild rifle scope ,can any one suggest me to buy a lee orginal scope ready to buy