section 45c and air guns

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
airgunner97
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

section 45c and air guns

Post by airgunner97 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:12 pm

so hi i was reading old cases about arms act and i found many thing with it.

section 45c

so section 45c say arms act won't gonna apply on obsolete pattern weapon or antique and deactivated guns.

so there is no definition of obsolete pattern and its says weapon not firearm which mean it can be any weapon that today not used or produced.

however in the case 'Abhishekh Upadhaya vs Prin. Secy. Home U.P. Civil' court defines matchlock, wheellock and flintlock as primitive firearms.

so it can be obsolete however bladed weapon are not obsolete as court says in case 'State vs 1 Sonu' . its a diffrent thing that indian arms act only defines bladed weapon and firearms as weapon.

the third condition in section 45c is interesting in many cases guns were consificated were not able to fire the bullet so they were get bail.

air guns

now i will talk about air guns .22 air guns were need license since 2016 arms rules however in 2002 delhi high court in case 'People For Animals vs Union Of India' said that air guns cannot be regulated from arms act cause section 2 of arms act dosen't define air weapon as guns. as i said before arms act only define firearms and bladed weapons as firearm.

so its just my 2 cent on this topic what do you think?

For Advertising mail webmaster
airgunner97
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: section 45c and air guns

Post by airgunner97 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:49 am

and one more thing that its not necessary to take any certificate to own replica or deactivate weapon but not recommended.