manufacturing airsoft guns in india

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
airgunner97
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

manufacturing airsoft guns in india

Post by airgunner97 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:41 pm

hi
i just got idea of manufacturing airsoft guns in india.

basically most of airsoft gun imported in india are crap and expensive and mostly people own these guns for collection because you can't get your hand on real thing. so i think of this i just want to confirm that its legal or not from my point of view airsofts are classified as toys so i think there would be no problem but i want confirm it.

For Advertising mail webmaster
angiamusic
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: manufacturing airsoft guns in india

Post by angiamusic » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:02 pm

See, the thing with airsoft is that there is no legal backing to it. Its, essentially, neither legal nor illegal. Trying to get the necessary permits for the manufacturing of any decent airsoft gun (even just low end JG quality types) will be an incredibly huge hassle and a monumental legal battle. Until airsoft is explicitly mentioned in the law, this is just how its going to be.

Stinger_22
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: manufacturing airsoft guns in india

Post by Stinger_22 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:04 pm

On one hand, it could be worth the hassle because you could provide not just India, but the world with decent and cheap airsoft guns. So, these could be a hit on the domestic and export markets. On the other hand, laws are going to pretty much hamper you every time they can, if I got things right.
I know that in China, manufacturing airsoft guns is technically illegal, and that factories are pretty much hidden in plain sight until they get closed, and at this point they just reopen a new factory and start all over again. That's why you've got several names for the same brand: JG/Golden Eagle, S&T/Snow Wolf, DBoys/Boyi, and so on and so forth... And they managed to have their products exported to every airsoft shop in the world.
However, this is only possible because of a loophole in Chinese legislation and I don't see it working in India.