Query

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Nainsumit
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Query

Post by Nainsumit » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:14 pm

Hello everyone...
If a person holding a license for a perticular state and if he is going to some other state for a short time. Is there any permission granted by the govt to take the weapon along or one have to leave back the weapon at home or any other safe custody...
In short can I be granted permission to take my weapon along to other state

For Advertising mail webmaster
sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Query

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:51 pm

Hi, the permission for travelling with weapon out of License Limit depends on the nature of visit. I know about the Travel Permit that can be obtained from the Licensing Authority for the purpose of repairing the weapon. License holder can even get Travel Permit for multiple States. But if you want to travel without any problem then you should apply for All India Licensing. It is mostly obtained from Home Secretary of the State Home Department.

Regards
Vikramaditya

Nainsumit
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Nainsumit » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:34 am

Thanks sir...
I m visiting Faridabad with family for about 15 days... Can't keep my weapon back at locked home.... so was eger to know about it.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:32 am

You can apply for Traveling license. It has been discussed here
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26183
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Jkdatta66
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Jkdatta66 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:54 pm

The licensing authority can issue travel license,the concerned state home department can also issue licence for adjoining states, and if sufficient reasons are given to justify grant of all India license,then the case can be considered accordingly.
All this is time taking process ,and one has to apply well in advance, can take months,if sufficient time gap is not available,then it’s best to leave the fire arm behind.