Visiting license?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
KevinLWRC
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Visiting license?

Post by KevinLWRC » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:53 am

How are you all. I'm a U.S Marine here in the states and I plan on visiting my familys house in India this coming December. Does India even allow a license to carry to foreigners? Would military ID help? How long would this process take. Thanks

For Advertising mail webmaster
StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Visiting license?

Post by StampMaster » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:47 pm

Temporary license can be availed on Form VI may be granted under category Form III of arms and ammunition. Application has to be made 6 months prior to arrival.

Arms Act 2016 (draft) page 38-41 http://www.thenrai.in/PDF/c6a9c8e8-fce6 ... 0f7bc3.pdf will help you understand the process.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Visiting license?

Post by mundaire » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:53 am

Short answer, it is possible, but considering the hassle, IMHO not worth the trouble. Almost all such temporary licenses these days are issued to sportspersons who are here for competitions.

Foreigners who legally reside in India, may apply for an arms license in the same manner as other citizens.

For personal safety while in India, you can carry pepper spray (available at most drug stores here) and/ or a small folder (blade length should be less than 9").

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein