Applying for the License

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
WhoCantBeNamed
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Applying for the License

Post by WhoCantBeNamed » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:43 pm

Hello everyone, I am a resident of Meerut, UP, about to apply for an Arms License for first time for Handguns(revolver/Pistol). Have obtained all the necessary forms(at least I think so). I am in need of a little help/tips on filling out the forms.

Following are the forms I got: -
1. Schedule-III, Part-II, Form A-1(for individuals)
2. Form S-1 (Standard format of training certificate)
3. Form S-2 (Standard form of undertaking for safe storage of firearms)
4. Form S-3 (Standard format of medical certificate)
5. Police report form

Please bear with me as I have a few questions/confusion regarding filling out these.

1. I got two copies of Schedule-III, Part-II, Form A-1(for individuals). Do I need to fill & submit both of these or only one?
2. In form S-1 who is eligible to sign as the certifying person of the training?
3. In form S-2, it is written "Enclose proof of safe storage", Is it necessary to attach a photograph or something of safe/almirah?
4. In from S-3, it is written in heading "On the letter head of the medical practitioner", what do I need to get written on the letter head of Doctor? The same details as mentioned in this form or anything else?
5. In police report form, do I need to fill anything or everything will be filled out by the concerned Policy authorities, there isn't really anything to be filled out by me, I think.
6. Apart from these, do I need to submit/attach anything else? Like any stamp paper or anything else?
I am told to submit these documents: 6 photos, Aadhar, PAN card, Voter ID, Domicile certificate, Highschool marksheet, house tax/electricity bill, last 3 years Income Tax Returns, Proof of service from the company.
Apart from these anything else is needed? Is any separate application etc. needs to be written alongwith the forms?

P.S. - Please pardon if similar information has been discussed earlier. I had searched the forums but couldn't find the questions with which I need help.

Thank you.
Last edited by WhoCantBeNamed on Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
WhoCantBeNamed
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Applying for License first time; Need a little help

Post by WhoCantBeNamed » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:26 am

Surely someone must be having some info regarding some of these points, if not all?

Thanks.

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:31 am

I submitted the main Form, safe storage form, Police form, two photos and copy of Aadhaar.

One copy of Form A1 required.
I filled the Safe Storage form and stated that I have a Steel Almirah.
You need to fill your name, parentage and address of the Police form, rest is to be filled by Police Station Incharge.

Thank God my process was way too easier. This is kind of torture. And in the end Licensing Authority still has the right to Reject the application.

Don't worry, this forum has very learned members, they will surely help.

Regards.

WhoCantBeNamed
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by WhoCantBeNamed » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:57 pm

sumbriavikramaditya wrote:I submitted the main Form, safe storage form, Police form, two photos and copy of Aadhaar.

One copy of Form A1 required.
I filled the Safe Storage form and stated that I have a Steel Almirah.
You need to fill your name, parentage and address of the Police form, rest is to be filled by Police Station Incharge.

Thank God my process was way too easier. This is kind of torture. And in the end Licensing Authority still has the right to Reject the application.

Don't worry, this forum has very learned members, they will surely help.

Regards.
Thank you for the information.
Did you submitted any stamp papers too? And Medical Certificate from the CMO?
I was searching for the training certification guy and finally found one, he was quoting Rs.3000 and also said that you need to get medical certificate from the district CMO and then get stamp papers from court(don;t know what to get written on them), and only then the training certificate will be stamped and signed off.

This is some next level torture, I agree. Sad really.

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:35 pm

Licensing procedure varies from State to State and even District to District. I only submitted the documents I mentioned. The Training Guy, what is his qualification in providing the Training which will be satisfactory to Licensing Authority?

Regards

WhoCantBeNamed
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by WhoCantBeNamed » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:03 pm

sumbriavikramaditya wrote:Licensing procedure varies from State to State and even District to District. I only submitted the documents I mentioned. The Training Guy, what is his qualification in providing the Training which will be satisfactory to Licensing Authority?

Regards
He runs a shooting range/shooting training center here, I guess that should be enough for the Authority? I have no idea. :?

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:54 pm

I submitted mine today at lucknow -
1 Training certificate was signed by the armoury clerk in the police lines.
2: Medical certificate by a government medical officer at CHC, with govt stamp and registration certificate.
3: I submitted 3 affadavids too, one was about not having any loan, second was about claims i made in the application for being true. Third one was about having sound safe place etc and that i would train children in my place to handle firearm etc.
4: Additionally i.provided photograph of safe storage ,taken with the anexure in question with my signs visible.
5: incometax return
6: Educational certificates
7: Passport copy
8: salary slips
9: NRA membership

Added in 7 minutes 17 seconds:
I also submitted following
AADHAAR
VOTERid
Electricity bill
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

WhoCantBeNamed
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by WhoCantBeNamed » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:56 am

eternalme wrote:I submitted mine today at lucknow -
1 Training certificate was signed by the armoury clerk in the police lines.
2: Medical certificate by a government medical officer at CHC, with govt stamp and registration certificate.
3: I submitted 3 affadavids too, one was about not having any loan, second was about claims i made in the application for being true. Third one was about having sound safe place etc and that i would train children in my place to handle firearm etc.
4: Additionally i.provided photograph of safe storage ,taken with the anexure in question with my signs visible.
5: incometax return
6: Educational certificates
7: Passport copy
8: salary slips
9: NRA membership

Added in 7 minutes 17 seconds:
I also submitted following
AADHAAR
VOTERid
Electricity bill
Thank a ton sir, this would help a lot, especially the affidavit info. Didn;t knew what affidavits were needed.
Just two more questions please: Did the armoury clerk stamped it as well or only the signature would do?
Also it says the doctor need to provide the details on their letterhead. Did you submitted letterhead or only the form would be enough?

Thanks.

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:10 am

The police line guy signed and there was a stamp too, although I will have to find the copy to make sure.

The medical certificate was done on the format provided with the form, no letter head.

Added in 3 minutes :
The training certificate bears stamp, stating name, designation as the head armorer , and location.
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

WhoCantBeNamed
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by WhoCantBeNamed » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:15 am

eternalme wrote:The police line guy signed and there was a stamp too, although I will have to find the copy to make sure.

The medical certificate was done on the format provided with the form, no letter head.

Added in 3 minutes :
The training certificate bears stamp, stating name, designation as the head armorer , and location.
Thank you very much. It will definitely help me as well as other people applying for the first time.

Rover solomon
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Rover solomon » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:06 am

Seems you are applying for "self protection " ,then you have to prove your self
.having life threat due to money handling or surroundings or carrying jewellers or carrying bulk money or staying in near wild zones or isolated places

1.police complaint copy
2.income certificate
3.court case copy like that

WhoCantBeNamed
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by WhoCantBeNamed » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:11 pm

Rover solomon wrote:Seems you are applying for "self protection " ,then you have to prove your self
.having life threat due to money handling or surroundings or carrying jewellers or carrying bulk money or staying in near wild zones or isolated places

1.police complaint copy
2.income certificate
3.court case copy like that
Thanks will keep that in mind. I think priority is given to business persons as well.

WhoCantBeNamed
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by WhoCantBeNamed » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:27 pm

Update: I have applied for the license in October 2019. I will update the topic as and when any progress is made regarding my file along with the amount I had to shell out at various stages, just to keep track of the progress and this might help the new comers with similar queries as mine.

1. 24/10/19 - Preparation of File, which included three sets of affidavits (don't know why they needed 3 sets) - Rs.650.

2. 24/12/19 - Got a call from the local Police Station regarding my file. I went there and was redirected to the local Police Chowki, saying my file has been moved there and I should contact the Chowki Incharge Sub Inspector. Met him and he blatantly asked for Rs.2000 to approve the file and proceed further. And let me tell you this you cannot negotiate or do anything short of paying. I have tried.

3. 07/01/20 - Got a call from the local LIU(Local Intelligence Unit) office. Went there and the LIU babu needed Rs.1000 to approve the file. He said the next stop is DCRB(District Crime Record Bureau) office and in total 12 such approvals are needed before the file is presented on the DM's desk. At every stage you need to shell out the money or say goodbye to your file. So at present call is awaited from the DCRB office.

4. 06/03/20 - Got to know that the file has reached the CO office and I need to go there to shell out some more money to move the file.

5. 24/08/20 - Couldn't go to the CO office in March due to some work and then lockdown happened, all license related work was suspended. Got to know on 20th August that the licensing work has resumed. Went to the CO office only to know that the file has been sent back to the local Police Station don't know why. Went to the police station but the guy who looks after the arms license files was on leave as his mother expired. They asked me to come back 2-3 days later.

6. 05/09/20 - Went to Police station, munshi said the file has been sent back to local police chowki, because of an objection. The reason of objection was "Ghar ke Kaagaz". Went to local police chowki, got to know that the chowki incharge has been tested Corona positive today only, so he will be back after 15 days minimum. So have to wait for 15 days at least.

metalpole
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Applying for the License

Post by metalpole » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:16 pm

my local police station isn't issuing me arms training certificate. Do any of you know someone who can help me with this in inida- karnataka.

ashrafi1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Applying for the License

Post by ashrafi1 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:45 am

Hi
You can contact CAR headquarters Chamrajpet Mr.Imran +919902677866 or CAR North Mr.Harish +919019236450,
they have rifle training every few month's or you can also get it from KSRA Mysore road Mr.Bhaskar +919972628898 which they have regularly.