NOTIFICATIONS

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Re: NOTIFICATIONS

Post by cottage cheese » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:39 pm

Division II - Exemptions, Exclusions and withdrawals

Persons of Coorg race and Jumma tenure holders in Coorg - exempted

II.3. S.O. 1920, dated 6.7.1963 - -

Whereas the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary and expedient in the public interest to exempt certain classes of persons from the operation of some provisions of the Arms Act, 1954(54 of 1959)

Now, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by section 41 of that Act, the Central Government hereby exempts the classes of persons specified in column 1 of Schedule 1 hereto annexed, in respect of the arms and ammunition of the category or description specified in column 2 thereof when carried or possessed for their own personal use, from the operation of such of the provisions of the said Act and subject to such conditions as are mentioned in column 3 and 4 respectively of that schedule:

Provided that the exemption hereby granted shall be subject to the following further conditions, namely:
(a) it shall not be deemed to render lawful the import of arms or ammunition through the medium of post office;
(b) the classes of persons exempted shall-
(i) Unless specifically exempted by the Central Government by notification in the Official gazette, register in such manner and at such place as the Central Government may prescribe from time to time, any fire-arm or ammunition in respect of which the exemption has been granted;
(ii) render such statistical information about different description of arms and ammunition in respect of which the exemption has been granted in such proforma, if any, as may be required by the Central Government
(iii) whenever any arm or ammunition in respect of which exemption has been granted is stolen, forthwith report the occurrence of such loss or theft together with the details of the articles lost or stolen at the nearest police station.

Schedule (This is actually in the form of a table)

(Column 1)Classes of Persons: Every person of Coorg race and every Jumma tenure Holder in Coorg.

(Column 2)Categories/descriptions of arms and ammunition : All except categories I and II of Schedule I to the Arms Rules, 1962.

(Column 3)Provisions of the Act: Those contained in sections 3 and 4

(Column 4) Conditions: The arms and ammunition carried or possessed by any person herein exempted whilst residing or traveling outside the district of Coorg shall not exceed one rifle with 100 rounds of ammunition for the same and one smooth bore breech or muzzle loading gun with 500 cartridges or the equivalent or in leaden shot and gun powder.

2. In the table appended to the Ministry of Home Affairs Notification No. F.15/13/59 (VI)-P.IV, dated 13th July, 1962 (GSR No. 993 published in the Gazette of India, Part II, Section 3(i), dated 28th July, 1962) clause (b) in column 3 against Item 7 thereof shall be deleted.

(MHA Notn. No. F.17/4/62-P. IV, dt. 6.7.1963)
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:20 pm

and i thought that we live in the largest demon chrasy in the world :shock: it not a case of equity for all but the case of being in the right job :shock:
"Never underestimate the power of fools in large groups." :(
- Author Unknown (applicable to voters in India, who vote similar people into power)

"Power does not corrupt men; fools, however, if they get into a position of power, corrupt power." :(
— George Bernard Shaw (applicable to our leaders and bureaucrats)

"In Greece wise men speak and fools decide." :(
- George Santayana (applicable to the present situation in India)

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." :(
- Voltaire (applicable to anti gun lobbyists)

m24
Veteran
Veteran

Post by m24 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:57 am

I have been trying, in vain, to find 2 particular MHA notifications w.r.t. import of AR. If anybody has any idea about these notifications, do help. Otherwise I'll just file an RTI and get it from MHA. The notifications are:

1) SO 667(e) dated 12/09/1985, and
2) SO 831(e) dated 02/08/2002.

Regards
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:47 am

hi m24

can you do some RTI for me :D ?

1) SO 667(e) dated 12/09/1985,

as you would have it :D i have it somewhere but it very long winded. it deals with exempt of certain classes of person form the some of the provisions of the arms act ie top shooters who can be exempt 4and 5th guns etc.

and second one is smiler. here is the link as it would take up lots of forum web space to have printed here.

http://www.nrai.in/not6.pdf
enjoy
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

m24
Veteran
Veteran

Post by m24 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:16 pm

Thanks Naga. I'll file whatever RTI you want. I'll pm you my e-mail address.

Regards
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.

vinaymk47
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vinaymk47 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:19 pm

thanks for your information on "Persons of Coorg race and Jumma tenure holders in Coorg - exempted"

can you send me the link, so that I can download this Notification or the PDF format of the ACT which contains below schedule

(Column 1)Classes of Persons: Every person of Coorg race and every Jumma tenure Holder in Coorg.

(Column 2)Categories/descriptions of arms and ammunition : All except categories I and II of Schedule I to the Arms Rules, 1962.

(Column 4) Conditions: The arms and ammunition carried or possessed by any person herein exempted whilst residing or traveling outside the district of Coorg shall not exceed one rifle with 100 rounds of ammunition for the same and one smooth bore breech or muzzle loading gun with 500 cartridges or the equivalent or in leaden shot and gun powder.

2. In the table appended to the Ministry of Home Affairs Notification No. F.15/13/59 (VI)-P.IV, dated 13th July, 1962 (GSR No. 993 published in the Gazette of India, Part II, Section 3(i), dated 28th July, 1962) clause (b) in column 3 against Item 7 thereof shall be deleted.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:29 pm

no link for the above as it is from an Arms manual.
Nagarifle

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:16 pm

Posting the following two notifications here as PDF attachments:

S.O 667(E) - Notification exempting certain sports persons from some provisions of the Arms Act/ Rules
sports_exemt_not.pdf
And the latest one from Min of Youth Affairs & Sports which amends certain provisions relating to the import of arms & ammunition as well as rules regarding the resale of such arms for renown shooters
renshot_latest _notification.pdf
Both notifications provided courtesy Shutzen.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

vinaymk47
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vinaymk47 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:23 am

Can anyone please provide the copy of Arms Manual which contains this exemption

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:28 am

vinaymk47 wrote:Persons of Coorg race and Jumma tenure holders in Coorg - exempted

Can anyone please provide the copy of Arms Manual which contains this exemption
In stead of a copy, you can just go down to Coorg and apply for an exemption certificate from the local licensing authority - it is issued in lieu of an arms license. AFAIK even after you get a copy of the relevant notification you would have to follow the same process as these exemption certificates can only be issued in Coorg Distt.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

vinaymk47
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vinaymk47 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:41 pm

Thanks very much!

I belong to coorg dist and I have obtained EC recently.
But I am looking for the copy of the schedule

vinaymk47
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vinaymk47 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:48 am

Hi folks,

Can anyone pls provide me the copy of this schedule or any link?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Division II - Exemptions, Exclusions and withdrawals

II.3. S.O. 1920, dated 6.7.1963 - -

Whereas the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary and expedient in the public interest to exempt certain classes of persons from the operation of some provisions of the Arms Act, 1954(54 of 1959)

Now, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by section 41 of that Act, the Central Government hereby exempts the classes of persons specified in column 1 of Schedule 1 hereto annexed, in respect of the arms and ammunition of the category or description specified in column 2 thereof when carried or possessed for their own personal use, from the operation of such of the provisions of the said Act and subject to such conditions as are mentioned in column 3 and 4 respectively of that schedule:

Provided that the exemption hereby granted shall be subject to the following further conditions, namely:
(a) it shall not be deemed to render lawful the import of arms or ammunition through the medium of post office;
(b) the classes of persons exempted shall-
(i) Unless specifically exempted by the Central Government by notification in the Official gazette, register in such manner and at such place as the Central Government may prescribe from time to time, any fire-arm or ammunition in respect of which the exemption has been granted;
(ii) render such statistical information about different description of arms and ammunition in respect of which the exemption has been granted in such proforma, if any, as may be required by the Central Government
(iii) whenever any arm or ammunition in respect of which exemption has been granted is stolen, forthwith report the occurrence of such loss or theft together with the details of the articles lost or stolen at the nearest police station.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:28 pm

do a rti to MHA asking a copy of it
Nagarifle

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:39 am

One more for clarity's sake....

SUB.- Arms Act and Rules - Semi-automatic .22 Bore rifles - Grant of license to members of rifle club/Association.

I am directed to refer to your letter No. 7222-R/VIII-B-644L/67, dated 20.11.1967 on the subject mentioned above and to say that the provision in section 13(3)(a)(ii) of the Arms Act, it would be observed, does not make any distinction as to the type of .22 bore rifles in respect of which a license shall be granted under this provision. As such, licenses under provision of the Act shall be granted in respect of all types of .22 bore rifles (including semi-automatic type). It may, however, be noticed that the use of the weapons covered by a license issued under this provision of the Act, is to be restricted to target practice only.

(GOI/MHA Letter No.F.13/7/68-P.IV dated..... 1968 to the Secretary to the Govt. of U.P., Home (Police-B.II) Department, Lucknow).

For quick reference.... Section 13(3)(a)(ii) of the Arms Act 1959.....
13 (3) The licensing authority shall grant -
(a) a license under section 3 where the license is required -
....(ii) in respect of a point 22 bore rifle or air rifle to be used for target practice by a member of a rifle club or rifle association licensed or recognised by the Central Government;
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:33 pm

nice one mate. :cheers:
Nagarifle