NOTIFICATIONS

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
ankur_ank007

Re: NOTIFICATIONS

Post by ankur_ank007 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:52 pm

cottage cheese wrote:
goodboy_mentor wrote:Hi nagarifle,
Links for notifications, laws etc. are helpful, but isn't it sometimes we make things complicated for ourselves?
for instance this chap applied for NPB 3006 RIFLE and was refused unless he could prove that 3006 was a NPB :D and was asked for PB?NPB list :shock:
Instead of mentioning a particular bore "30-06" in license application, is it not simpler to mention NP bore rifle instead? This will keep the morons at licensing authority satisfied, as well as license holder will have wider options at time of purchase of firearm.
Hi Goodboy,

The problem is the bloody sods this side insist on the actual bore you want a license for... just 'NPB' will more often than not, provoke a rejection.

Incredibly stupid.

Wouldn't that requirement be not in tune with the Arms Rules?

regards,
cc
Hello CC saheb,

The best option as per my personal experience is mentioning "Non-Prohibited Bore Sporting Rifle".... the super smart authorities easily understand the term "Sporting" combined with a reason of "Target Practice etc." and it becomes easier. I have tried this in lucknow when filling up application form for my uncle. Now he holds 1 DBBl, 1 .315 bore rifle and 1 IOF Revolver.

Regards,

For Advertising mail webmaster
Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Need copy of certain MHA notifications

Post by Safarigent » Thu May 07, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi gents
Please refer to:
http://dgft.gov.in/Exim/2000/NOT/itc%28hs%29/ch93.pdf

I would appreciate if anyone here has a copy of MHA notification S.O. 667(E) dated 12.09.85 and S.O. 832(E) dated 2.8.02

Thank you
To Excellence through Diligence.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu May 07, 2015 12:45 pm

The notifications related to all laws can be found at http://www.egazette.nic.in/ but sometimes can be little difficult to find.

Alternatively notifications issued under Arms Act can be found at http://mha.nic.in/notification Go to IS-II Division. Notifications are available under entries named Exemptions and Miscellaneous.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Need copy of certain MHA notifications

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu May 07, 2015 12:46 pm

"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:37 pm

nagarifle wrote:Anand
one reason i would like all to give chapter and verses with links if possible is that in my part of the world people are helpful only up to what they know.( or the knowledge they of the subject) so if one say this or that then one has to show them in black and white.

for instance this chap applied for NPB 3006 RIFLE and was refused unless he could prove that 3006 was a NPB :D and was asked for PB?NPB list :shock:

you and i know that their is no such offical list,

well perhaps now you can see why i think that we should give the chapter and verse etc. save lot of ' i thinks' or as you say 'maybe' statements. lets face it we are dealing in law/ACt/Rules issue and our 'i think' has no place.

Hi Naga sir,

Greetings of the day.

I was visiting MHA website yesterday and I found an illustrative list of PB and NPB calibres. I am posting the link below.

http://mha.nic.in/sites/upload_files/mh ... 190813.PDF

I think, the government is trying to limit the rights day by day.

Regards

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:58 pm

ankur_ank007

This is an old list and I do not think the MHA has added any new bore in the prohibited category for a very long time.

Regards

Atul

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:15 pm

Not all that old a list since it contains some fairly recent cartridges. Overall, a monument to the ignorance of the person(s) who compiled it.

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:17 pm

TwoRivers wrote:Not all that old a list since it contains some fairly recent cartridges. Overall, a monument to the ignorance of the person(s) who compiled it.
Hi

Completely agree with you sir.

Regards