Depleted Uranium Buckshot - Anti-Drone Loads !!!

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Depleted Uranium Buckshot - Anti-Drone Loads !!!

Post by Hammerhead » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:44 am

Love it :cheers:

Details

Big Brother is watching, and with modern technology, if Big Brother can see it, he can turn it into a giant smoking crater with just the press of a button. Even your secret remote wilderness bunker is no match for today’s military drones. In partnership with Tacnition Ammo, Lucky Gunner is happy to introduce a new way for you to fight back against the All Seeing Eye with our new anti-drone shotgun loads.
Years of research and development have gone into these highly effective 12 gauge shells that can turn even Joe Biden’s double barrel shotgun into an instant anti-aircraft platform. Specially formulated propellant is capable of launching 9 pellets of depleted uranium rounds up to 1 km straight up into the air. With accurate shot placement, this armor piercing buckshot will disable vital systems on modern military drones. At minimum, the force of impact will disable navigation systems, but in over 60% of our field tests, the drones were incapable of remaining airborne after contact with our Anti-Drone Loads.

"Specially formulated propellant is capable of launching 9 pellets of depleted uranium rounds up to 1 km straight up into the air."

http://www.luckygunner.com/12ga-3-urani ... n-5-rounds
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

For Advertising mail webmaster
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Depleted Uranium Buckshot - Anti-Drone Loads !!!

Post by xl_target » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:32 am

LOL,
I wonder if that is an actual product or if Lucky Gunner is just doing a little tongue in cheek bit,
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:22 am

A very novel idea!
But then wouldn't any shotgun with 'buckshot' be able to it - may be not as powerfully :D
Briha

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:09 pm

APRIL FOOL!

Drones win for the time being!

http://www.luckygunner.com/april-fools
Last edited by estousandy on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:45 pm

brihacharan wrote:A very novel idea!
But then wouldn't any shotgun with 'buckshot' be able to it - may be not as powerfully :D
Briha
I doubt if just any buckshot ammo would be capable of firing 1km straight up in the air. Even if it shoots that distance will it be capable of doing any harm?? Kindly correct me if I am wrong on this.

Atul

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:26 am

estousandy wrote:APRIL FOOL!

Drones win for the time being!

http://www.luckygunner.com/april-fools
Sorry, my mistake. Didn't see the April Fool warning till later this evening.

Atul

Commonwealth_of_PA
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Commonwealth_of_PA » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:23 am

Booo! I want my depleted uranium rounds! :D

I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff :)

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:33 am

Commonwealth_of_PA wrote:Booo! I want my depleted uranium rounds! :D

What do you intend doing with a DU buckshot??
I suppose filling up a shot gun shell with DU would be the simplest thing to do. But considering the high density of the metal used for Armour piercing ammo, it would be better to replace the bullet of a rifle cartridge with a DU Metal...
Though I do not know how that will affect the rifling and the barrel of the gun. Therefore, I suppose that the safest option would be to fill up the shot gun shell with DU pellets

Atul

Commonwealth_of_PA
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Commonwealth_of_PA » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:11 am

aadhaulya wrote:
Commonwealth_of_PA wrote:Booo! I want my depleted uranium rounds! :D

What do you intend doing with a DU buckshot??
I suppose filling up a shot gun shell with DU would be the simplest thing to do. But considering the high density of the metal used for Armour piercing ammo, it would be better to replace the bullet of a rifle cartridge with a DU Metal...
Though I do not know how that will affect the rifling and the barrel of the gun. Therefore, I suppose that the safest option would be to fill up the shot gun shell with DU pellets

Atul
It was mostly a joke with respect to shotgun shot but the things that went through my head are that DU is more dense (longer range), it is self-sharpening when it encounters metal (AP), and it is pyrophoric when it passes through metal or heats up (incendiary).

It's kind of silly but if DU shotgun shells were on the shelf at the gun store I would buy some and shoot at stuff for fun just to see what happened :) My friends and I like using exotic ammo on stuff for fun :)

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:39 am

Not exactly DU, but a new kind of actual anti-drone round is out now- ferromagnetic! Most probably good ole steel.

http://www.dronemunition.com/
dfgd.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:20 am

What is so special in an anti drone shotgun ammunition. It also has multiple pellets shooting out so it may not increase the range significantly. I think that our 'Shaktiman 4.8' or no.1 or 2 shot gun ammo would work very well as an 'anti drone ammo'. :)

:skeet: :skeet: :skeet:

:cheers:

Atul

main13
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by main13 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:35 pm

DU Buckshots would still contain.. Well Uranium! I wouldn't go near radioactive stuff without a lead suit personally.. APFSDS rounds are a different story...

Another good reason to steer clear would be you might end up blowing up your gun barrel with those pyrophoric buckshots... :D

As far as man portable anti-drone tech is concerned, I would bet my money on those new 'exacto' self guiding bullets - aim the gun with reasonable accuracy, then keep the laser on the target; the bullet finds its way to the mark..!
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods.