Got my Licence

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:38 pm

mundaire";p="14277 wrote: 15 shot? I imagine this would be a tubular magazine? What kind of action does this have? Lever or bolt?
BSA 15 shot tubular magazine have a bolt action. Its a very good rifle. A friend on mine has one is very good condition.

Danish

For Advertising mail webmaster
shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:10 pm

ME too. During my childhood I learnt to shoot with a BSA 5 shot bolt action .22 LR. Great memories of those days.

I was 8 years old then. The .22 was given to me to shoot , then taken away. I was allowed to carry it after about a year.

piyushpdsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by piyushpdsingh » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:37 am

Thanks Shahid,will meet Manish Anand.
shahid";p="14276 wrote:Mubarak. Mabrook, Congratulations.

There are some good .22 LR in Bihar / UP available right now. Brno MODEL 1 OR 2 would be great.

Meet my friend Manish Anand, go to hotel Anand Regency on the railway station, he can guide you on a good .22 LR rifle.
Piyush Pal Dhari Singh

piyushpdsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by piyushpdsingh » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:46 am

Abhijeet,it is a tubular magzine(15 shot) with bolt action. My budjet is around 35000.

quote="mundaire";p="14277"]
piyushpdsingh";p="14269 wrote: I applied for licence for .22 sporting rifle on 07.04.06.It was sent for
police verification on 20.04.06,but was kept pending cause i didn't
gave them Chai-pani.I enquired under Right to information, why
my appliction was kept pending. Got info that police verification is
due. Met the senior S.P on 14.02.07 and gave the info obtained
under RTI to him,same day he got it cleared from police station
,D.S.P and sent my application with his recommendation to D.M's
office. My licence was granted on 06.03.07.

Excellent work Piyush! :) Unfortunately in this country one needs to jump through several hoops before being granted what should be one's birthright! Anyhow, am glad for you and kudos to you and your dogged persistence! :)

I'll ask around if anyone has any interesting rifles in that calibre. What's your budget? BTW - I personally think that if the BSA being offered is in good condition, it's not bad at the price. 15 shot? I imagine this would be a tubular magazine? What kind of action does this have? Lever or bolt?

Cheers!
Abhijeet

Cheers!
Abhijeet[/quote]
Piyush Pal Dhari Singh

piyushpdsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by piyushpdsingh » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:00 am

Cheruian, use The Right To Information act.
cherian.k.k";p="14286 wrote:i have applied for .22 revolver licence on 28 th feb .till now it has not moved out of dispatch section.
cherian.k.k.
Piyush Pal Dhari Singh

mehulkamdar

Re: Got my Licence

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:18 am

Piyush,

Before we just congratulate you, don;t you think it would be better to post pictures so the congratulations are even more enthusiastic? 8) :D

Very fine thing and do get shooting very soon. Rimfires are guns that everyone MUST have. Your choice of a fine old BSA is also a good one. They are very nice using guns.

Cheers!

piyushpdsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by piyushpdsingh » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:42 am

Mehul ,
Will do that once i purchase it. Two other dealers have told me they are also getting BSA rifles in a week,so waiting for them.
mehulkamdar";p="14381 wrote:Piyush,

Before we just congratulate you, don;t you think it would be better to post pictures so the congratulations are even more enthusiastic? 8) :D

Very fine thing and do get shooting very soon. Rimfires are guns that everyone MUST have. Your choice of a fine old BSA is also a good one. They are very nice using guns.

Cheers!
Piyush Pal Dhari Singh

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:27 am

Piyush before buying this rifle,please fire 5-6 rounds(specially Kf) and also check the ejection.I have seen 2-3 rifles having ejection problem due to expansion in chamber.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

shahid

Post by shahid » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:46 pm

Visit Capital Gun House, Golakpur near the Law College. Its Owner Mr. M A Salam is a good authority on guns. He gets .22 LR for sale from time to time. He has authored a book called Jhadiyon Ke Peeche.

You may find a good Rifle there. Also ask him to join IFG and put his numbers under the dealers section.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:46 pm

Congrats Piyush..
shahid";p="14465 wrote:He has authored a book called Jhadiyon Ke Peeche.

:D :D Don't get me wrong Shahid.. Just can't stop laughing.. :D :D

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:29 pm

"Jhadiyon Ke Peeche".... Inder has a point... it does conjure up a certain image in ones mind! ;) :lol:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:52 pm

Jhadiyon ke pechee................ :D .....is it about hunting......or buying guns....or.... :?

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:03 am

"Jhadiyon Ke Peeche" ....... kya hai ? :mrgreen:

Danish

piyushpdsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by piyushpdsingh » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:18 am

Shahid, I had already visited Capital Gun House and also put his address and numbers in dealer section.
shahid";p="14465 wrote:Visit Capital Gun House, Golakpur near the Law College. Its Owner Mr. M A Salam is a good authority on guns. He gets .22 LR for sale from time to time. He has authored a book called Jhadiyon Ke Peeche.

You may find a good Rifle there. Also ask him to join IFG and put his numbers under the dealers section.
Piyush Pal Dhari Singh

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:25 pm

MA Salam was a Government Officer posted in various districts of Bihar in 150s, 60s, 70s.

The book is his experiences and a basic knowledge pass down on Guns and Ammo to a newbie.

Jhadiyon KE Peeche can conjour various thoughts, but the Author thinks it is about his stalking point behind the bushes and the observations on nature, surroundings and wildlife made while he waited in stalking positions behind the bushes!

Now in retirement, Mr. M A Salam and his son run this business of Gun dealership in Patna.

The book is in Urdu and Hindi. It is written for the comman man with little outdoor experience.