Enquiry on antique handguns

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
sumanngon
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Enquiry on antique handguns

Post by sumanngon » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:26 pm

I have two handguns, an authentic antique which belonged to my grandpa are EM Reilly Double barrel pistol and JR Cooper Pepperbox percussion revolver with English ring trigger. Can anyone in this forum tell me what wold be their value if I need to sell them?
Please don't read this as an advertorial to sell anything. I am just trying to find out its value. Decision to sell hasn't yet been finalized.
Thanks.
Sumann Gon

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Enquiry on antique handguns

Post by Mark » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:10 am

Can you post pictures? The first thing to do is find out exactly what you have and what condition it is in, and the best way to do that is in person with someone knowledgeable but some clear and detailed pictures, especially of any markings or stampings is a good start.
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

Ash
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Ash » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:48 pm

hi, first of all post some pictures along with mrkings and stamps, bore, condition papers meaning are they on any license or not ? are they in firing condition ? maybe i can help you after these details.
ASH
Every day above ground is a good day

PAmol
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by PAmol » Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:31 pm

Hi, all.

My father holds a crop protection license and the weapon endorsed is an E. M. Reilly 12 bore double barrel shotgun. It is currently not working but can be repaired, he also has 24 cartridges. Can anyone help me to estimate price and sell it to someone interested in buying, either a license holder or a licensed dealer or maybe a licenced vintage gun collector...

drshamsherrana
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by drshamsherrana » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:44 pm

in india the value of vintage is less.
truly speaking after the cancellation of third weapon from license,piles of 12 bore guns are stacked and value is reduced