New Acquisitions!

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

New Acquisitions!

Post by SMJ » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:07 am

Hello gentlemen,

A friend who is moving out of the country generously gifted me these items

1) A Diana model 5 pistol .177 cal
2) A tribal bow and arrow set (I believe these type of bows and arrows are used by the indigenous tribes of South America) The bow is about 1 foot in length and so are the arrows!

The pistol will need some work as it has been unused for a while.

Have a nice Sunday gents :cheers:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
maanbirsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: New Acquisitions!

Post by maanbirsingh » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:53 pm

Hi SMJ,
Nice gifts! The bow looks interesting, being a one foot bow it will most likely be for Junior Archers - though I could be wrong, as the bows mounted on crossbows are smaller. I do practice traditional archery and at my draw length, any bow below below 62 inches in length stacks for me..by the way, nice looking quiver and interesting arrowheads too!
Enjoy your gifts, thanks for sharing!

Regards,
Maanbir

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:56 pm

Nice gifts! The bow looks interesting, being a one foot bow it will most likely be for Junior Archers - though I could be wrong
Thanks Maanbir. This is a tribal bow and arrow set not a competitive one

maanbirsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by maanbirsingh » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:29 pm

Hi SMJ,
Yes :) understood that about the bow.. but to hunt (assuming that's what they use it for) the tribals using it would need a very high poundage for an adequate amount of Foot Pounds of Energy for a humane kill, with a 1 foot bow it's going to be very hard to generate the required energy.. anyway I'm no expert on tribal archery, just my thoughts, my experience is mostly traditional wooden bows - Longbow and Recurve - and I never hunt. The arrow heads look very lethal though.. whatever the weapon was used for, looks like a very nice collectable..

Regards,
Maanbir

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:23 pm

congratulation SMJ. superb gifts. by the way I don't think its just a collectible from the pic I can understand it will shoot well .
pls update if any chance you can shoot it.

regards
Regards

Shivaji

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:44 pm

@Shivaji Dasgupta- thanks, will try shooting them during the weekend! Yep it's a fabulous gift for sure[emoji41]
@Maanbir- I guess you are right- the tribals do use them to hunt; I believe they use poison on these arrows though. If I remember correctly from the documentary I saw on discovery or nat geo a while back, they rub them on 'poison dart frogs' before shooting them; the poison secreted by this frog is very lethal and it kills little mammals and birds in an instant.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk