Issue of UIN no

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
vasanthm
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Issue of UIN no

Post by vasanthm » Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:38 pm

I have recently been issued an arms license for a pistol in Karnataka. I have got the letter and also the licence book but have been told that the central govt portal is not working to generate the UIN no. The case worker at the DC office says it will be issued as soon as the portal starts to function.

Does anyone know anything about this.. I now have to procure a weapon and will I be able to buy one without the UIN?
I have been given time till jun-24 the procure a pistol.

thanks for any information/advice.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Able
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Issue of UIN no

Post by Able » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:48 am

That's odd. The last time I saw a new licence (quite recently) it came with UIN written on the licence book.

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:05 pm

Vasanth,

This is not something new. A friend of mine was issued a license for a shotgun but did not get the UIN number with the license. The UIN was endorsed on the license after he had purchased the shotgun, got it inspected. The gun was endorsed on the license and the UIN too. This was in Bangalore. Just cross check if this could be the reason in your case too.

Rajput93
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Rajput93 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:11 pm

vasanthm wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:38 pm
I have recently been issued an arms license for a pistol in Karnataka. I have got the letter and also the licence book but have been told that the central govt portal is not working to generate the UIN no. The case worker at the DC office says it will be issued as soon as the portal starts to function.
New license are issued with UIN no. written in it so I don’t know how you were even issued license without generating UIN no.
vasanthm wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:38 pm
I now have to procure a weapon and will I be able to buy one without the UIN?
I have been given time till jun-24 the procure a pistol.

thanks for any information/advice.
I recently purchased new revolver and dealer noted license number in his register and the invoice. So maybe you could buy a new weapon. You will have to get it confirmed your case worker and dealer, just to be sure.
However after buying the weapon you have to get it endorsed against your license in the database at local police station and then at the collectorate at which point you will have to provide UIN no.

vasanthm
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vasanthm » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:51 pm

I have been told by the DC office case workers that I can purchase a weapon with the book, I'm guessing UIN will be issued when I present the weapon and register it under my license or at least I'm hoping that's what will happen.. But I'm not sure if this will allow me to purchase from out of state...

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:02 pm

I want to bring to the notice of all license holders,that your license book is not a legal document if you don't have a UIN on it, as per the Arms Rules 2016.

The District Magistrate or Police Commissioner's Arms Licence branches have a unique ID and Password each levels in that office.

For all the transactions pertaining to new Arms Licence, addition, deletion,renewal , they have to go into NDAL ALIS portal and enter the application or file number, Police report status , fees paid and the services to be obtained.

No office transaction can be done without the UIN in the NDAL ALIS portal.

The arms clerk is either delaying your services or ignorant of the NDAL ALIS or expecting something.

All the entries in your license book are valid only if it has been entered in the NDAL and the service availed printout is pasted on the license book.

Please insist on the service availed printouts which come with a foolproof QR code.

Many licenses were forged and issued in Kashmir and the North East which led to the formation of the NDAL.

So please beware of the UIN.no and printout.

Jai Hind