Shooting interesting guns -- British video

Discussions related to firearms that do not fit in anywhere else.
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Shooting interesting guns -- British video

Post by timmy » Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:02 pm

Here is a fun British video where the hosts shoot a variety of interesting guns:

The first part covers shooting a matchlock musket, a Brown Bess flintlock musket, and a SMLE 303 rifle including a ballistic gel test.

The second part covers shooting a Martini Henry and shows a repeating attachment for the same, and a Vickers machine gun, with ballistic gel tests for both.

The third part covers shooting "Old West" guns, including a 36 cal cap and ball, a Colt Single Action, a Winchester 1866 lever action, and a couple of shotguns, including a pretty short sawed off.

Note, on the third part: one of the hosts comes in dressed in supposed "Western" or "Cowboy" style. I immediately noted that he had his pant legs tucked into his boots. Out West (in the USA), if someone tucks their pant legs into their boots, nobody will actually throw rocks at them, but the thought will cross people's minds, and even if nothing is said, there will be snickering that goes on. Such things simply are not in good taste and are not done!

Anyway, this video was fun to watch and does give a pretty good idea of what it might be like to shoot the guns shown.

I especially liked the Martini Henry section, because I think that it is a most wonderful rifle. You may have your own favorites of the guns shown.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

For Advertising mail webmaster
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Shooting interesting guns -- British video

Post by eljefe » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:08 pm

M-H fan here
I’ve gone further down the rabbit hole with a wildcat .17 fireball variant in a cadet action.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."