Can an overseas visitor bring an airgun on my behalf?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:55 pm

Dal,chawal in bulk right next to lotsa mustard oil. Can we do soxing on Sat? Sun is reserved this week.

Regards,

Dev
eljefe";p="5141 wrote: I have to go through the red light area to get my membership up to scratch. No funny ideas the hony. secy has a commodities shop in the area.

hey Dev, what commodities ;) Runs a bakery?
Want to go 'soxing' on Sun?
Best
Axx
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Can an overseas visitor bring an airgun on my behalf?

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:50 pm

Dev,

I have had friends bring me 10 tins on two occassions and customs haven't made a fuss about it.

Infact one of the occassions this happened was quite hilarious. My friend, Mike's, bag is being screened and the chap who was sitting in for the custom's chappie is a shooting coach for Indian Airlines and knew me.

He asks Mike to identify this dark bit on his monitor and Mike says they are airgun pellets. The coach asks him who they were for and Mike replies they were for a friend in Bangalore by the name of Mack The Knife (He does not mention my surname). Coach makes him sweat a bit more and then says, "Okay, give my regards to Mr. Bana". According to the coach, Mike's eyes almost popped out when he said that. :mrgreen:

Unfortunately, I could not meet Mike during that trip and collected the pellets from his colleague in Bangalore, so did not get to hear about this singular experience of his. Some months later I go for a comp to Chennai and Dr. Shirsat asks me how those ten tins off Air Arms pellets were performing. I would have been less surprised had he pulled a bunny out of a hat. Seeing the look on my face he calls the coach over who then tells me the whole story.

By the way, the coach told Mike that in future he should declare them as lead for sporting use rather pellets.

Mack The Knife

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:43 pm

Guys,
I am taking orders next trip.Why didnt you tell me this year? I had a lot of baggage allowance coming back...
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:40 pm

eljefe";p="5160 wrote:I had a lot of baggage allowance coming back...
Because I for one got a shocker of a credit card statement... :roll:

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:06 pm

I would have gifted you lot the lead...For all the good times.

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:08 pm

I got such a shocker, got rid of all -major savings Mack The Knife!and now I am fielding useless calls on my mobile from telemarketers!