Prohibited Bore calibres & firearms

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Prohibited Bore calibres & firearms

Post by shooter » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:59 pm

I too remember reading that post.
Though one can own handgun in the UK under some clauses it is impossible in 99.99% of the cases
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

For Advertising mail webmaster
THAMBI
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

PB or NPB

Post by THAMBI » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:49 pm

Sir,
Please Let me know whether SEMI AUTOMATIC GUNS (ex:FN Browning Auto 5 and Remington model 11)are PB or NPB.

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: PB or NPB

Post by grewal » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:06 pm

:cry: :?:
Grewal

I'd rather be riding my bike and thinking bout god than sitting in a temple and thinking bout my bike

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Re: PB or NPB

Post by The Doc » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:28 pm

THAMBI wrote:Sir,
Please Let me know whether SEMI AUTOMATIC GUNS (ex:FN Browning Auto 5 and Remington model 11)are PB or NPB.
Browning Auto 5 and Remington Model 11 is the same gun really . It is a semi-automatic shotgun and thus falls under PB category. It would require a special license for a civilian to own it. There however a lot of these autoloaders which are wrongly entered as SBBL on individual licenses . Sigh ! :roll:

HTH,

Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

robincrack
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by robincrack » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:33 pm

.500 Magnum Smith and Wesson is Prohibited Bore or Not..? If yes Who is using it India (police/Military/Paramilitary or NSG) if not can we apply for the same...?

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:46 pm

robincrack wrote:.500 Magnum Smith and Wesson is Prohibited Bore or Not..? If yes Who is using it India (police/Military/Paramilitary or NSG) if not can we apply for the same...?
Sahib, it is super prohibited bore because it is very big bullet. Even government needs license for the bullet( not the gun) All commandos use this lethal bullet inside sophisticated guns against terrorists and Maoists.
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

robincrack
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by robincrack » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:19 pm

May be Rule maker's Dosent need to apply for a gun license or even keep one, coz their personal guards ie.. X,Y,Z :lol: having gun with enough stopping power.. and always protecting so called netas from any fatal attacks.

but my humble suggestion is IOF should research and develop some new bore pistols and revolvers for civilians. ie.. .003,.005,007 or if possible some nano ammo. so civilian can never shot even a ameba.. holy shit..

if self defense is prime right of any individual how one

a) can develop enough shooting skills with ration of ammo..(50 pcs)
b) with available great caliber guns and ammos from IOF
c) without having a chance to import of guns of choice ( even in permissible bores)

some times they asking us to protect our land whenever there is an emergencies , like in demanding situations or emergencies..

how? with our kingly moustaches, or with lathies...?

its really a strange situation...

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:29 pm

robincrack, all the concerns mentioned by you are indeed genuine. Practical solution lies in strengthening gun rights organizations in our country like NAGRI, if they have large following, the politicians will respect their views. No politician likes to loose votes. Moreover such organizations if strengthened, can constantly lobby for gun rights with MPs and government and fight cases in courts.
In my opinion .500 Magnum Smith and Wesson is NPB. Please refer http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 11#p115943
Once you get license for a NPB pistol/revolver, the main problem will be how to import .500 Magnum Smith and Wesson.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

robincrack
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by robincrack » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:11 am

Thanks Goodboy mentor.. I am still in Overseas and have a chance to get gun of my choice. as I am planning to come back ( :D .. Ghar aja pardesi .. thera des bulaya hain.. stuff..) so before comming to i want to get the gun of my choice and later bring to India on TR.. so lot of doubts in mind.. already have 2 Airguns and recently got permmission to get firearms.. already applied for a rifle club in india

brijendra
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

IS IT NPB OR PB ?

Post by brijendra » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:13 pm

Mates my question to you all is that -
is .223 aNPB or PB calibre in india ?
secondly is .223 same as the 5.56 mm calibre ?
and if .223 is a NPB then is the ammo easily available ... i m talking about lucknow ?
please I need you valuable suggestions as I looked into the arms act but got confused by the language of it !!
DARWIN said " survival of the fittest "
I say " survival of the armed ones "

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:51 pm

brijendra wrote:Mates my question to you all is that -
is .223 aNPB or PB calibre in india ?
secondly is .223 same as the 5.56 mm calibre ?
and if .223 is a NPB then is the ammo easily available ... i m talking about lucknow ?
please I need you valuable suggestions as I looked into the arms act but got confused by the language of it !!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.223_Remington for relation to 5.56

And no it has not been notified as a PB calibre (at least so far) do see the first post on this very thread for clarity http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2780

No: you will have a next to impossible time finding ammunition at any dealers.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:21 pm

Lots of rumours about a 223 sporting caliber rifle to be introduced by the IOF
Same dia bullet.
May even use the same barrel and twist rate
They will probably change(read bugg*r!) the chamber to prevent the service 5.56 to be fired in the civilian version.
CC,Jonah-Any idea about the twist rate and weight of the projectile of the current crop? 1:7 for 70-90gr would make for a decent target use rifle-as long as they stick to the Mauser/mini mauser action.
Hell, if they make it in Jungle carbine Mk 5 enfield, what a nifty treat :D throw in a synthetic or laminated 1 pc stock-hooray :cheers:
knowing the bedpan mechanics:
Schmidt Reuben or a straight pull Ross may be the chosen design-guttered ,of course
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:36 pm

All big chiefs, just needed to clarify something,comments solicited from anyone who can help:

1. Wouldnt the brass on the .223 be lighter/thinner than on the 5.56?
2. Would a 5.56 sit properly inside a .223 action and would the rifle be able to go into battery?
3. Any differences in primers ?

On a lighter note, I'd walk straight up to our friendly neighbourhood IOFB designer and blabber:
:P "Aah 1:7 twist wonly, no saar ! we need 1:4 twist saar. Please Saar.We need WORLD KLASS Riphal saar"

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:58 pm

If the bugg*rs remember to rifle the rafail?
simple analogy:
38 Spl and 357 Mag?
38 special fires in 357, not vice versa?
223 can be made like that, to prevent service 5.56 ammo(hopefully tolerances are CIP or something ISO-ish) being used in a civilian pattern firearm
change the shoulder angle to 45 degrees or something and have a new 223 IOF caliber. a take off on the 223 AI :deadhorse: steeper the shoulder, lesser the runout on the brass
Its not the brass thickness, its in the throat.
Nominally, they are more than interchangeable, tonnes of 5.56 have been fired in 223 and vice versa
The 5.56, because of the 'different' role, may have altered tolerances in the throat area.check on throat dimensions on line.
http://www.6mmbr.com/223Rem.html
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:52 am

OUP: Military brass is normally heavier than its civilian counterpart, has less capacity. Only a problem for the reloader, as he has to reduce the charge. CIP carries them as two different cartridges because of the more generous 5.6 throat dimension. But the two are totally interchangeable. Primers are the same, except that military ammo has crimped-in primers.
If you make a .223 chamber to no longer accept military spec ammo (5.56x45mm), it won't be a .223 anymore, and won't accept .223 cartridges either.
The .223 normally has the original 1-12" twist, which will not stabilize the current 63 grain ball loading, which requires a 1-10" or 1-9" twist. The 1-7" twist is required for the tracer round, not the ball round. ("Ball" designating a full jacket military loading.)
In the Indian context, it would probably make sense to bring out the rifle in .222 Remington instead.