Tips on Pistol Shooting

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
jeromesekar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Tips on Pistol Shooting

Post by jeromesekar » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:02 pm

Sir, My passion was rifle and pistol shooting. Being a costly sport and tough import rules, I was barred from pursuing my dream. This August I got a chance to fire at SDAT firing range Chennai, Percihole nx100. After I was introduced to two national level shooters now I own a feinwerkbau c25 pistol and percihole nx100 Polaris rifle. By profession I am advocate practicing in madras high court and 35 years old. Is there any chance for me to participate in competition level shooting.

For Advertising mail webmaster
hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:06 pm

Age doesn't make much of a difference in this sport not until you are in your doddering seventies or thereabout. Now that was in a lighter vein. For your information, I took to competition shooting at the age of 31...
So that should answer your question.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:57 pm

hvj1 wrote:Age doesn't make much of a difference in this sport not until you are in your doddering seventies or thereabout. Now that was in a lighter vein. For your information,
I took to competition shooting at the age of 31...
So that should answer your question.
Bravo hvj1 :cheering:
Leading by example....couldn't have said / put it better!!!!
:cheers:
Briha

Ak2014
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Ak2014 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:14 am

Dear hvji..
I have been reading your posts since last month and i have reached till mental technique topic or page 16.. Lot more to read cause there are over 150 pages.. its really great to see that the first post came from you on Sep 15, 2009.. and u still actively sharing..
Great goin .. it very helpful for a new shooter like me..
Thank a Ton...

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:38 pm

Is anyone from among us playing the Nationals ? If so, good luck for the same. regs, A.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:32 pm

airgun_novice wrote:Is anyone from among us playing the Nationals ? If so, good luck for the same. regs, A.
Nope crashed and burnt at the state level itself. didn't get into the wildcard stuff as the score was so bad that the target self destructed. :mrgreen:
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:22 pm

What about you AGN? Are you shooting at the nationals, if so I might come over to witness the NSCC.

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:24 pm

Ak2014 wrote:Dear hvji..
I have been reading your posts since last month and i have reached till mental technique topic or page 16.. Lot more to read cause there are over 150 pages.. its really great to see that the first post came from you on Sep 15, 2009.. and u still actively sharing..
Great goin .. it very helpful for a new shooter like me..
Thank a Ton...
Thanks AK2014.
How time flies! Wow! Almost five years, feels almost like yesterday to me.

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:40 am

hvj1 wrote:What about you AGN? Are you shooting at the nationals, if so I might come over to witness the NSCC.
No Sir, I am not. Akin to what dev says, but unlike his target - it was I who self-destructed. :lol:

Nopes 2014 wasn't for me. Though I filled in a lot of competition forms, could participate, due to some play of Fate, in only two - West Zone and Maharashtra State. Did not hit the qual score in WZ and could not make to NZ at the last minute due to some hiccups on home front. Now realized that I have lost the wrist lock and tend to shoot sometimes in vertical line a tad left of center and also in perfect 45 degrees in the NE-SW direction.

So on the brighter side, I have full opportunity of 6 -8 months of going back to the basics and coming up cleaner in 2015. :-)

regs
A.
PS: If you planning to come to Pune for the Natl, do let me know and I shall try to catch up with you there.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:41 pm

airgun-novice wrote...
Nopes 2014 wasn't for me. Though I filled in a lot of competition forms, could participate, due to some play of Fate, in only two - West Zone and Maharashtra State. Did not hit the qual score in WZ and could not make to NZ at the last minute due to some hiccups on home front. Now realized that I have lost the wrist lock and tend to shoot sometimes in vertical line a tad left of center and also in perfect 45 degrees in the NE-SW direction.

So on the brighter side, I have full opportunity of 6 -8 months of going back to the basics and coming up cleaner in 2015. :-)

All is not lost bro....
2015 should see you in better shape to take on the challenge :D
Best Luck!!!
Briha

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:01 pm

brihacharan wrote: All is not lost bro....
2015 should see you in better shape to take on the challenge :D
Best Luck!!!
Briha
Arre nahi brihji, I am not depressed or otherwise down in anyway. It's the way things and life pan out for "gruhasthashrami" fellas like us. :-) Like I said there's always 2015. :cheers:
regs
A.
PS: Dear all, Sorry. 2014 saw me cameo in 50m at Capt EZ which was literally washed out due to circumstances beyond my control. That makes 3 matches in 2014. Of course I meant 10m at WZ and MHState when I said I played only 2. Was literally all packed up for NZ but could not get on that line due to some reason or the other. Though I wrote of WZ I did not about MHState for the reason that it was purely arithmetic compound multiplicative outcome of the WZ. e.g. If I hit 28/40 good shots at WZ, I shot 42/60 good shots at the state. If I shot 4/40 very bad shots (in low whites !!!) at WZ I shot 6/60 at the state... exaact same reason - overholding and washed away by stream of thoughts.

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:54 pm

Not certain AGN, but most will let you know in advance if I am coming.
Regards

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:19 pm

Hello all,
Have spent a considerable time going through this thread.
Thank you hvj1 for putting in your time and effort in sharing all the advice that you have posted in this thread.
I am just starting off with my 10m air pistol shooting and your pointers have been immensely helpful in understanding and learning the proper techniques and finer deatils of the sport.
Thanks to all the fellow members too for contributing and sharing their experiences.
Cheers!
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:46 pm

kshitij wrote:Hello all,
Have spent a considerable time going through this thread.
Thank you hvj1 for putting in your time and effort in sharing all the advice that you have posted in this thread.
I am just starting off with my 10m air pistol shooting and your pointers have been immensely helpful in understanding and learning the proper techniques and finer deatils of the sport.
Thanks to all the fellow members too for contributing and sharing their experiences.
Cheers!
Hope to see you in the pistol shooting league soon. :-) Since you are in MH, start off by completing a safety course (with a bond completed) at MRA after your basic safety course at Lakshya or SVS or some such club and get yourself registered at MRA. Retain a photocopy of the bond that you shall submit to the MRA just in case you have to show while filling in the form for your first MAWC or Capt EZ. Target the May-June (2015) period of these competitions, so now you have quite some time to get in action and then get rolling, bro ! :-) Good Luck. :cheers:
Last edited by airgun_novice on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:48 pm

hvj1 wrote:Not certain AGN, but most will let you know in advance if I am coming.
Regards
Right away Guruji - in fact seems GFG 2015 has surfaced in Pune around Jan 14th. It would be mighty cool to see you both in action then. regs, A.