Becoming a member of NRAI

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
ankur_ank007

Becoming a member of NRAI

Post by ankur_ank007 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:43 pm

Dear Friends,

My name is Ankur Srivastava, R/O Lucknow; I am currently working with a multinational in Ahmedabad and temporarily residing in Ahmedabad only. I am keen about shooting sports but have never gone further beyond occasional amateur shooting. I have never participated in any shooting event and unfortunately own no firearm (I own a couple of airguns, one by IOF and another is IHP, both in 0.177 cal.). I am quite interested in participating in competitions and being a part of shooting club where I can sharpen my skills of target shooting. I would also like to clarify that I have never owned any firearm in my life till date and have never applied for a gun licence.
As a beginner I want to be a member of NRAI. Can I do it since I do not hold a gun licence? What formalities do I need to fulfill to become a member of NRAI and take part in shooting events/competition? Can you please help me in understanding the whole process so that I can also become a member of NRAI and turn take part into such events to live my hobby?

Regards,
Ankur Srivastava

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Becoming a member of NRAI

Post by mundaire » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:50 pm

A) You DO NOT need to be a member of NRAI to participate in competitions, in fact being a member does not help a whit as you MUST submit your entry through an NRAI affiliated state association/ club.

B) There is no requirement to be an arms license holder

C) IMHO you'd be better off looking up and joining the local state/ district association/ club which may have a shooting range/ other facilities and may also provide arms & ammunition at the range for practice.

HTH

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:59 pm

Hi Abhijeet,

Thanks for your help and support.

Since I am absolutely new to this sport at this level, nevertheless I have been shooting occasionally on targets with friends every now and then but it is all on amateur basis and we have never participated in a competition on a proper platform, my request is can you please suggest me how to start? Also, in near future I am looking forward to get a gun licence, but I don't know since I am residing in Gujarat since last 2-3 years and I am a resident of Lucknow, from where should I apply for a licence. Uttar Pradesh is the worst state for such dreams in my opinion because the bureaucrats in UP can issue licence to a dacoit than issuing a licence to a law abiding citizen without a lot of money as a bribe or some political approach.

Also advise, if the membership of private clubs like Jaspal rana Shooting Association can help? Since my schooling and higher studies are from Dehradun, I am familiar with the things there and its like second home to me.

Regards,
Ankur Srivastava

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:47 pm

Dear Friends,

Any suggestions?