Appeal to Sports Minister

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
Chandan22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Appeal to Sports Minister

Post by Chandan22 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:48 pm

Gentlemen,

Given this kind of fee hike at DrKSSR, which I can ill afford and sounded irrational to me, I could think of no other way than to write directly to the Sports Minister and request him to look into this matter.

While I have no clue whether or not this will work, I could not sit by and not do anything. This kind of hike is detrimental to our usage of governmental facilities, and it made sense to me to at least write out.

If anyone also has any information about whether or not this hike has been implemented or will be, please do share this information.

Regards,
~C

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Appeal to Sports Minister

Post by nagarifle » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:57 pm

a noble effect indeed
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:05 pm

Chandan,

A good cause to be taken up. I think when ADS visited the range he was given the same information.

Regards

Atul

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:22 pm

Chandan, a good step indeed. And I hope i don't sound like attempting to take the winds out of your sail but I was told by Bakshi that 'Minister sahab' has signed and approved this change.

Cheers,
ADS

Chandan22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chandan22 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:36 pm

Dude..

I doubt the minister "saab" would be conscious of what he's signing. I'm sure he signs hundreds of things each day, mostly whatever is presented, without going through each and every one, especially one so minor as the increase in charges for a shooting range. Actually i doubt the minister will even be involved in such a piddly thing. After all the Central Minister would barely care...

Still.. .no resonse from anywhere. Lets see. I've even written to Rajyavardhan Rathore for assistance. Lets see.

Btw, anyone see any official circular/notification of this fee hike? Is it documented anywhere?

~C

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:54 pm

Seems like the good old days. Trains had three classes, 1st, 2nd and 3rd class. The 3rd class was normally an unreserved compartment. When ever the train stopped at a station and the door opened to let passengers off the train, there was a huge rush to get into that compartment and whoever, the lucky or tough ones got in first. There was a tendency of the passengers who managed to get in, to lock the doors to prevent others from getting in.
The same tendency is showing here as well. The people who have become renowned shooters are in and VIP's don't need any membership, so they are trying to shut the doors to prevent others from getting in.

Atul

404notfound
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by 404notfound » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:25 pm

Excellent attempt Chandan. I really feel like we should be presenting a united front and do something about this instead of just letting shooting as a sport get away from the reaches of the common man...
My job entails that I would be working on parliamentary issues from the monsoon session. I will try my best to put this issue up as a parliamentary question to the Minister. It would be great if you could also post the text of the letter you have already sent to Mr. Rathore.

Let's see if we can do something about this!

Regards,

AgentDoubleS

Post by AgentDoubleS » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:26 pm

That should be absolutely great.

Chandan, kudos to you for taking this forward.

Cheers,
ADS

Chandan22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chandan22 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:54 pm

Hello 404,

Any idea when you can do the parliament thing?

I've not received a response from rathore, sports minister or pmo. not that I really expected anyone to take it that seriously.. but still one could hope.

~C

404notfound
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by 404notfound » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:01 pm

Hi Chandan

The question is filed in Lok Sabha due for a response from the sports minister on 11th August. Though the question selection process in the Lok Sabha is something that needs reform in and of itself. The questions that are answered are selected by a 'ballot' process, which is basically a lottery to decide which questions will be answered. The limit is 230 questions on a given day, and there are always way more asked. I'll know for sure if the question has been picked for a reply on 8th August and will let you all know.

PS: When a question isn't selected it can be refiled, but since this session is too short, that will have to wait for the next parliamentary session as the notice period for a question is 15 days. Hopefully it'll get picked and answered!

Regards,

Chandan22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chandan22 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:50 pm

Hello,

Thats great news.
I'll look forward to hearing from you on 8th then.

If it doesn't work out, there is a legal appeal that a lawyer has come up with. I'll update on that later.

~C

404notfound
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by 404notfound » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:19 pm

Hello,

The list for questions to be answered on 11 August 2015 was just released. I am happy to announce that the question on fee increase at SAI stadia is one of them. Although in an edited form, as the question got clubbed, but it should provide a good starting point for discussion with the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.

The text of the question is annexed below:

Will the Minister of YOUTH AFFAIRS AND SPORTS pleased to state:
(a) the details of the sports stadia operated and managed by the Sports Authority of India (SAI), State/UT-wise;
(b) whether the fees has been increased by more than 100 percent to use any of the sports facilities provided by SAI, if so, the details thereof and the reasons therefor, sports facility-wise;
(c) the details of schemes implemented by SAI so far and the funds allocated/released/spent under these schemes including maintenance of SAI stadia during each of the last three years and the current year, Scheme-wise; and
(d) the manner in which these schemes assisted in developing the sports skill of youth in the country?

Part (b) is the most relevant one for us. I shall keep you all updated on the answer when I receive a copy.

Regards,

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:43 pm

404notfound wrote:Hello,

The list for questions to be answered on 11 August 2015 was just released. I am happy to announce that the question on fee increase at SAI stadia is one of them. Although in an edited form, as the question got clubbed, but it should provide a good starting point for discussion with the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.

The text of the question is annexed below:

Will the Minister of YOUTH AFFAIRS AND SPORTS pleased to state:
(a) the details of the sports stadia operated and managed by the Sports Authority of India (SAI), State/UT-wise;
(b) whether the fees has been increased by more than 100 percent to use any of the sports facilities provided by SAI, if so, the details thereof and the reasons therefor, sports facility-wise;
(c) the details of schemes implemented by SAI so far and the funds allocated/released/spent under these schemes including maintenance of SAI stadia during each of the last three years and the current year, Scheme-wise; and
(d) the manner in which these schemes assisted in developing the sports skill of youth in the country?

Part (b) is the most relevant one for us. I shall keep you all updated on the answer when I receive a copy.

Regards, .

This is one good news. Hope something positive works out

Atul

Chandan22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chandan22 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:13 pm

Hello,

Thank god something is moving !!!

But tell me more about this process... Will the sports minister have to respond then and there? Or will he ask for time to get data and obfuscate or delay?
Can there be a followup question?

Another alternative has been raised and that is to file a writ petition against this kind of massive hike. Will explore it only once we get news from you.

Maybe its time to open my own shooting range... ;-)

~C

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:21 pm

Chandan22 wrote:Hello,

Thank god something is moving !!!

But tell me more about this process... Will the sports minister have to respond then and there? Or will he ask for time to get data and obfuscate or delay?
Can there be a followup question?

Another alternative has been raised and that is to file a writ petition against this kind of massive hike. Will explore it only once we get news from you.

Maybe its time to open my own shooting range... ;-)

~C
:agree: My phone is under repair hence all saved numbers are lost as of now.
But I am with you Chandan. I have some options for a shooting range that can be explored (but in Gurgaon) including giving some sort of certification for safe handling of weapons for members to get an extension of validity of license to Gurgaon.

Any progress on the web site idea of yours??

Atul