Entry Level 10 meter Air Pistol for Beginner

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
praveenav
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Entry Level 10 meter Air Pistol for Beginner

Post by praveenav » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:38 am

Namaste esteemed members, :D

I am new to shooting. Recently tried shooting in a near by club and throughly enjoyed it. Would like to continue shooting in club. If it goes really really well, I aspire to participate in competitions in far future.

Can you please recommend me an entry level Air Pistol -
1. Which will help me Practice shooting
2. Which I can use in competition (to get an exposure of competition environment)
3. Costs around 10K or less (if there is no valid pistol in this range please suggest a pistol that is considered entry level in competition shooting :( )

Thanking you,
Praveen A V

For Advertising mail webmaster
sohampaul11
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Entry Level 10 meter Air Pistol for Beginner

Post by sohampaul11 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:00 pm

IZH 46M is a good pistol to start with. So is an Alfa Proj. Both costs around 45-50,000/-. Another good one is the Hammerli AP20. Costs around 70,000/-. My suggestion would be to buy them used. That way you can save the hassles of import and get a quality product at a lower price. The Izzy is made in Russia(It's the only Competition Single Stroke Pneumatic currently available). The Alfa is made in Czech Republic. And the Hammerli is made in Germany. Both are PCPs. Meaning you would need access to SCUBA tanks or your club's compressor,or a high pressure hand pump(Hand pump costs around 20000/-).
This is the IZH 46M

This is the Alfa Proj

This is the Hammerli AP20

Chandan22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chandan22 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:26 pm

Hello,

I would suggest you buy the IHP PCP Pistol. It costs a total of about 13000/- delivered. I have one and its perfect for starting out. I've participate in competitions with it, and plink from time to time. For a 10m pistol its like a maruti 800 if you want to buy a car. You can ofcourse go out and buy a mercedes straight off too.

If you are just trying out this as a hobby to see if you want to get serious, there is no point in spending a ton of money up front. I advocate spending the least possible and checking out if you're really into it or not. Otherwise you'll be left with expensive stuff once you either get bored or realise its not for you.

Also, remember, just a pistol is not the end of your requirements. You require to buy stuff like a tank for keeping compressed air, storage case, ammo and anything else you will need, including a supplier to fill your tank with pure air. So budget yourself and take the call.

Best way would be to use the club equipment on free/paid basis till you reach the level where you feel the need for your own gun. The club guns should be good enough to practise long and hard and participate in a couple of competitions. Once you do this, you'll know the scenario better and take the call for spending more.

~C

praveenav
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by praveenav » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:04 am

Thank you very much sohampaul. Really appreciate your inputs. This gives me an idea of what are the costs.

praveenav
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by praveenav » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:06 am

Thank you very much Chandan. After looking at the prices mentioned here, I think I will need to spend a lot more time practicing in club before thinking about buying a pistol! Really appreciate your inputs too.

amitganpule
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: RE: Entry Level 10 meter Air Pistol for Beginner

Post by amitganpule » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:55 am

praveenav wrote:Namaste esteemed members, :D

I am new to shooting. Recently tried shooting in a near by club and throughly enjoyed it. Would like to continue shooting in club. If it goes really really well, I aspire to participate in competitions in far future.

Can you please recommend me an entry level Air Pistol -
1. Which will help me Practice shooting
2. Which I can use in competition (to get an exposure of competition environment)
3. Costs around 10K or less (if there is no valid pistol in this range please suggest a pistol that is considered entry level in competition shooting :( )

Thanking you,
Praveen A V
I suggest you go for INDIAN HUME PIPE compressed air pistol.
I know of shooters who began on this pistol and qualified for Nationals before going for imported one.
The cost is about 12,000.00
The phone number is 07925830221. Its Ahmedabad number.
Two collages in town have the same pistols for their shooter.

Sent from my GT-I8552 using Tapatalk