Membership of a Rifle Club in Another District

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
ankur_ank007

Membership of a Rifle Club in Another District

Post by ankur_ank007 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:24 pm

Hello everyone,

Can someone suggest me if I can apply for a membership for Vadodara (Baroda) Rifle Club, being a resident of Gandhinagar?
Also, please tell me whether they can reject my application on the basis of same?
Does.the.constitution of NRAI or any other State Riflr Association says something on this topic?
Since I am not getting a membership of Ahmedabad/Gandhinagar rifle club since I am not able to attend their 30 days training programme with "Air Guns", due to my office schedule, certifying that the applicant/member is proficient with arms handling.

Regards,
Ankur

For Advertising mail webmaster
Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Membership of a Rifle Club in Another District

Post by Big Daddy » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:00 pm

Goodness me! 30 days training program for air rifle handling????? Wow!!!!

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:55 pm

Big Daddy wrote:Goodness me! 30 days training program for air rifle handling????? Wow!!!!

BD
Hi BD

They call it Civilian "Arms Handing Training" and after completion they issue a certificate duly signed by Commissioner of Police- Ahmedabad. However as per my discussion with some of my local contacts they train aiming on air rifles and give demonstrations about .22 cal rifles sometimes depending upon availability, however attending this is compulsory and after successful completion of this training only you can get a membership of Ahmedabad Rifle Club and no leaves are allowed between this time. Each training session of 2 hours a day.

Unfortunately I cannot compromise with my office to attend the training session and hence they do not consider me suitable enough for the membership.

Regards

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:36 pm

Ankur,
As usual Gujrat has its own rules. In Delhi an outsider can get a membership of 'Delhi State Rifle Association' and off course anyone can get a membership of NRAI. There is no training certificate required for getting the membership.

Atul

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:08 am

aadhaulya wrote:Ankur,
As usual Gujrat has its own rules. In Delhi an outsider can get a membership of 'Delhi State Rifle Association' and off course anyone can get a membership of NRAI. There is no training certificate required for getting the membership.

Atul
Seems a lot of things are arbitrary here.... Needs to be corrected.