Tips on Pistol Shooting

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Tips on Pistol Shooting

Post by airgun_novice » Fri May 30, 2014 10:34 pm

Dear all,

Just completed my 7-day "special" fast on Wednesday. No special reason, just wanted to see if I could and I did. :-) Realized I am mentally slightly stronger than what I had self-assessed.

first two days - only PLAIN water
next two days - only FRESH fruit or juices -> No heavy stuff like banana, mango etc.
next two days - only RAW vegetables that grew above ground -> So no potato, elephant's foot etc.
last day - only FRESH fruit or RAW vegetables as above.
On ALL days - plentiful of water
On NO day - tea/ coffee, soft drinks, salt, sugar or any seasoning condiments

Now that I have resorted to "normal" diet, I feel very heavy and awful. :-( So good start to cut on my food and tea/ coffee intake, the later of which I have now cut down to half. I still need to slash it further.

regs
A.

For Advertising mail webmaster
airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:15 pm

Almost 10 days back my good friend, VS, chided me heavily and publicly when he observed that I was doing a bit of "counting" on the sly. ;-(

While guruji and upacharyaji had warned us repeatedly against the temptations of figures, however good they might appear, somewhere the habit lingered on with an excuse that "what else is the measurement of progress".

But happy to state that since that episode, I have broken free of the bad habit and turned "cold turkey". :-) And now I can fully try to concentrate on every aspect of SOA and guess what ? Started identifying those cunning little faults that tend to creep back in, just when you think you have signed the "Shimla Agreement" with them !

Now as Jitu says - "lage raho" !

regs
A.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:15 am

airgun_novice wrote:Almost 10 days back my good friend, VS, chided me heavily and publicly when he observed that I was doing a bit of "counting" on the sly. ;-(

While guruji and upacharyaji had warned us repeatedly against the temptations of figures, however good they might appear, somewhere the habit lingered on with an excuse that "what else is the measurement of progress".

But happy to state that since that episode, I have broken free of the bad habit and turned "cold turkey". :-) And now I can fully try to concentrate on every aspect of SOA and guess what ? Started identifying those cunning little faults that tend to creep back in, just when you think you have signed the "Shimla Agreement" with them !

Now as Jitu says - "lage raho" !
regs
A.
Hi agn,
> Since time immemorial our elders have postulated "The Benefits of Fasting" ...
> Knowing fully well that many may not adhere to this simple act, they gave it a 'religious' twist...
> Such as observing it on days when the planets configured in a particular pattern...etc. etc.....
> Maybe in a way it had some relevance as planets & their movement brought about certain cosmic changes in the atmosphere & environment that affected man's biological activities...
> Nevertheless, fasting is beneficial to the human body - its like shutting down a manufacturing unit for maintenance...
> My sincere advice to you is to do it (fasting) periodically & am sure of the following benefits :
1. System response of mind & body will be in coordination...
2. Clarity in thought & vision will improve...
3. Focusing on tasks will become keener...
> All these will add up to getting your SOA in perfect order...
> By now am sure, you've guessed what the end result would be........(9/10) :D :D :D
Cheers
Briha

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:21 pm

Congratulations are due to our very own TIRPASSION for getting BRONZE in 50m gunpowder in the FRENCH NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS. :clap: :clap: :clap: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:41 pm

Friends
Today morning I received a call from Tir and like AGN, I too am overjoyed with the news. It is particularly sweet to win a medal at the National Level, even more so in your adopted country of choice. My Best Wishes to Tir, may he lead our group with more stellar achievements in the future...

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:15 pm

Well done Tirpassion :cheering:
You have done us all proud :D
May this victory be the forerunner to more successes in the future :D
:cheers:
Briha

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:52 am

Hi Tirpassion,
> I've taken the liberty to post your picture standing on the victory stand (No.3)....
> Congrats once again on your achievement :skeet: :skeet: :skeet:
:cheers:
Briha

tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirpassion » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:39 pm

Thank you soooooo much dear friends!!!!!!

A special tribute to Guruji to have initiated in me the process of thinking simple and clear. I have just begun that. :D .

This one is for all of you on TOPS and IFG.
DSCF7361.JPG
DSCF7361.JPG
best regards

tirpassion
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirpassion » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:54 pm

Btw, it was 50m black powder revolver event. We shoot on the same target as that of 50m free pistol, C50 that is. Those who shoot FP would have an idea as to what it is :D .
The revolver caliber is .44, fixed sights, no anatomic grips and a trigger pull weight of about 800g to 1kg. It has to be a replica of the black powder revolvers made before 1870 with the same mechanism.

Nobody is exempt from errors in this tough event. So everybody has his/her chance on the day. I had mine and I could make it with a lot of self management over a very short period of time of 30 mins. I am proud of it.

best regards
tirpassion

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:02 am

tirpassion wrote:Thank you soooooo much dear friends!!!!!!

A special tribute to Guruji to have initiated in me the process of thinking simple and clear. I have just begun that. :D .

DSCF7361.JPG
DSCF7361.JPG
best regards

tirpassion
"Tir" on medal too !!! ROTFL

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:34 am

airgun_novice wrote:
tirpassion wrote:Thank you soooooo much dear friends!!!!!!

DSCF7361.JPG
DSCF7361.JPG
best regards
tirpassion
"Tir" on medal too !!! ROTFL
AGN - Hats off to your 'sharp shooting eye'
Tir, you couldn't have asked for more :D
Briha

tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirpassion » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:13 am

Dear Guruji, dear friends,

A short post to tell you that i have scored a 526/600 in a FP match today. It happens to be my personal best score.
89, 82, 83, 90, 93, 89.
Shot a total of 21 tens and i am very much satisfied with it. The mind diverted to scoring in the 2nd ans 3rd series.
Pulled myself from going down, stopped even looking through the scope and finally succeeded in letting myself get carried away by the mantra and the 'mule'. Awesome expérience!!!

Thé match was finished in 1 hour and 4 minutes including 1 seated break. The fastest match in FP with the best score till date. :D

Best regards
Tirpassion

amarinder
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by amarinder » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:47 am

Hello to all senior members,

This is my target papers shot today. Though my i am getting close to finding the most suited shot cycle but there are still some faults and I am having hard time to solve them.You can easily see that most shots go towards left and the right side to the 10th ring is almost untouched. Earlier it was too much towards left but atleast it has reduced and is noq hitting the center. This usually occurs as I am yet to learn proper triggering, even after 1 year of shooting :( , and the other problem that face is the dip in concentration or you can say breakage of momentum after 12-15 shots.

If you have some suggestions then that would be most welcome.

REGARDS
"There is no such thing as difficult, Only the man himself is weak"- Amarinder

tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirpassion » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:20 pm

Take care of yr head position. Y ou may be waiting a lot for trigger control. This may tend yr body imbalance, specially the head to carry you forward leading to impacts on the left.
Get yr head position checked by someone stiing justbehind you over a long période of time.

Regards
Tirpassion

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:34 pm

Congrats Tir ole chum (nothing like basking in reflected glory). :-D
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.