Tips on Pistol Shooting

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Tips on Pistol Shooting

Post by hvj1 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:20 pm

Hello Jitu,
You are most welcome :D
:cheers:

For Advertising mail webmaster
fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:59 pm

hvj1

Its also because noobs like me should be in listen/intake mode and learn from these interactions and tips.
BTW Nice little poem......

M.

hvj1 wrote:
By the way guys, I often wonder, with so many other blokes popping in to read whats going on, very few leave their footprints, now I wonder why?
1. Is it because they do not wish to reveal who they are?
2. Is it because they do not wish to take the trouble of registering on IFG?
3. Is it because they cannot carry on a discussion due to lack of writing ability?
4. is it because they have no fingers nor toes?
I wonder, i wonder

Twinkle twinkle little Bat,
How I wonder, what you're at.
Up above you helplessly flap
while down below, the Old Owl sat
Listening to your twittering twat. :lol:
Twinle twinkle little Bat.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:08 am

Update guys. Did some 90 dry fires on the black target taped to the wall, wasn't as impossible as I thought that it would be. I was just trying to get used to the sight alignment and squeezing the trigger without any movement on the pistol. As advised by Guruji, I kept switching hands to keep the strain even and then I even went and did a little stretching with some RBK power chords. It was just to understand that some kids do this for hours on end to reach the renowned shot level. Yesterday I checked for groups at 7 meters by shooting at an air rifle target with the pistol. My goal was to now replicate the dry fires exercise with live fire and keep everything within the black. Except for three pellets, managed to keep the rest (about 40 ) in the black, interesting experiment eh? Didn't feel any shoulder strain or the fatique I normally would have.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:39 am

Good, Very Good Dev, Keep it up.

jitu sati
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jitu sati » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:25 am

hey dev
thats a nice experiment. i am going to try the 8 card experiment as suggested by tirpassion. i have started my regular fig 8s(need to incr. hand shook in the comp). SA % will have to be enhanced. it is not upto the mark. i am thinking of setting up weekly/bi weekly tgts for achieving certain improvement in SA%. because i feel my motivation works better when i get small achievements.let me see how much i can achieve
jitu

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:19 am

will have to also work on the fitness part as in all sports. am flirting with light weights and jogging, the jogging does make the groups tighter or am i wrong? guess i need to buy even less pellets now...hmmm wonder if there is a dry fire only match :-). apologies to all but the training and trying to peak at the right time is quite nerve wracking.

jitu sati
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jitu sati » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:32 pm

hey dev
what are RBK power chords
jitu

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:57 pm

rbk=reebok, these are some kind of elastic or rubber type of cables with stirrup type of handles. you can attach one end to anything and pull the other end to gain strength. they are like using weight training apparatus, minus the weight, the cables come in two strength modes both are very light.

jitu sati
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jitu sati » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:26 am

sorry guys was out for wk. how come so little activity here. hvj,tirpassion where are the wise ones
jitu

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:26 pm

hvj1 is out in the Sierra Nevada somewhere guiding a wagon train, he has asked Tirpassion and me to ride shotgun with him :-)...guess you missed this adventure huh? :-?

tirpassion
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by tirpassion » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:55 pm

Hello Jitu & Dev
Hello friends,

I am still there. On my part I had nothing to add because I have not touched my guns since 10/01. Actually, I am missing them as I am missing my kids. I am still in India and will go back to Paris on the 2nd of February.

What I have been occasionally doing is physical training. Fast walking (no jogging as my right knee has manifested against overwork) with good pair of shoes on for about 4 km, sit ups, push ups and light weights (1.5 kg). Honestly speaking, I had been very irregular even in the physical training and mental training parts. Family, father, friends, the household pleasures and problems caught up with the lost time of my absence. I enjoyed a lot and I am feeling the pain too, that I will have to leave day after tomorrow for at least 6 months. Once inside the aircraft, the pleasure will take over; just the image of my children shouting 'Baba' and running towards me to be in my arms in the airport itself to receive me on my arrival. Can I expect anything more???

best regards
tirpassion

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:22 am

dev wrote:hvj1 is out in the Sierra Nevada somewhere guiding a wagon train, he has asked Tirpassion and me to ride shotgun with him :-)...guess you missed this adventure huh? :-?
:lol:

Yep, them fellas ridin shotgun? Good chaps to ride the river with. :D

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:29 am

Fast walking (no jogging as my right knee has manifested against overwork)

Take very good care of that knee.
Honestly speaking, I had been very irregular even in the physical training and mental training parts. Family, father, friends, the household pleasures and problems caught up with the lost time of my absence.
This too is a very vital cog if not a major emotional lever for our mental well being.
Once inside the aircraft, the pleasure will take over; just the image of my children shouting 'Baba' and running towards me to be in my arms in the airport itself to receive me on my arrival. Can I expect anything more???
No buddy, that there is the greatest joy and blessing bestowed on us by that there benevolent gentleman sitting up there in the clouds.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:46 am

:-) Yes the almighty is most kind for giving us kids and a great set of friends. Now if only they let us draw our Lp 10s from a holster and fan the hammer... tee...heee...imagine the look on the jury's face :-). Have been shooting at other targets with mine and for once I can do what a pistolero used to...shoot a matchstick at five or so meters. Sure beats looking at the black circle.

jitu sati
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jitu sati » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:38 am

hey tirpassion
nice to see a devoted father. my feelings exactly, this is precisely how i feel when i see my kids shout Baba when i return from my trips. thank god for these sweet little mercies.
jitu