IFG rifle club : proposing to start our rifle club

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: IFG rifle club : proposing starting our rifle club

Post by eternalme » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:01 pm

Ok ,

Seems good , I am in with a provision that Foresight will be giving franchise.

Regards
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

For Advertising mail webmaster
vkjalan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by vkjalan » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:01 pm

Hello anyone here !!!

Again something down the drain !

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:26 pm

vkjalan wrote:Hello anyone here !!!

Again something down the drain !
Arrange for the land, the rest can be worked out...
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

vkjalan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by vkjalan » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:42 pm

I have the land with me. Will 30,000 sq ft of empty level land be enough . Or better I can arrange for the rifle range of the police here just need the paper work to be done.

I need the paper work to be done first then i can speak to the commission of police here for using their range and they would be more than happy to oblige for sure. Other option is that i have 30,000 sq ft of land which can be used to register the club.

What say !

-- Tue Jun 01, 2010 22:43 --

i was just abt to send you a PM Mod !

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:02 am

Fantastic! Where are you located? We have one society registered as a rifle association in Delhi and HVJ1 has one registered (in Pune IIRC)... Send me/ HVJ1 a PM me and lets get the ball rolling! :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

darellyad
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by darellyad » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:19 am

I agree...it would be a great source of encouragement for shooters and for IFGians getting together.

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:38 am

And the land issue is being sorted out by VJK, I was out of city for some time hence didn't get time, now I will be chasing this to earn my eminent IFGIan badge which is long since pending :-), Kidding.

Lets get the ball rolling - VKjalan where is this land located please send me PM, or to HVJ or to mod.
I can arrange some piece of land near Gurgaon (have to chek as recently govt took over all land I was eying), I was thinking more on lines with indoor range.
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

vkjalan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: IFG rifle club : proposing to start our rifle club

Post by vkjalan » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:49 am

This land is situated in Mangalore. The Commissioner of Police and also the Dy.SP are keen in setting up civil rifle training camps and also for a rifle club. Had a word with them. So land is absolutely no issues just need all the paper work to be done i dnt know what is the paper work needed otherwise would have gone ahead long back.

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:35 am

vkjalan
In 30000 sq.ft, you can fit in 10m,25m and 50m ranges. I am with you guys, we have all the people with the requisite skills to do this job. Tell me what you have in mind, or ideally, lets have a meeting in Pune, Balewadi SHooting Range, we will get the team of architects and allied support staff, we will be at your disposal. Once you have taken a dekho at our range, we can then sit together, preferrably over lunch. Then me and my friends can fly over err, excuse me catch a train to Mangalore to check out your requirements. Is that cool enough bro. Mundaire, would be great to have you with us. Naga, if you have quit laughing, please join us buddy.
Best Regards

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:08 am

The way I see it:

First step is to incorporate a Society with the local Registrar of Societies - takes between 1-2 months unless the registrar decides to send it for review to the Sports Ministry (happened in our case, which meant it took more than 6 months for us)

Second step is to build a strong room at the allocated land, to store firearms & ammo

Third step is to apply for an Arms License for the Shooting Club/ Rifle Association

Fourth step - to get affiliated with your State Association and/ or the NRAI

Fifth step is to have a membership drive (more local members than outstation ones as they would be actually able to use the facilities on a regular basis) & fund raising

Sixth step is to use the funds raised through membership/ donations to build the facilities. They don't necessarily need to be Olympic class, simple facilities can work quite well so long as safety considerations are not ignored.

After step four you can also apply for import of arms & ammo for the club - for use by members at the range.

If you wish to have the club/ association recognised as a District Rifle Association, there will be some additional requirements like having certain Govt. officials as Governing body members. Not entirely sure on this, but I think the DM would need to be made President or Hony President, and something along similar lines for the local SP.

HTH

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

vkjalan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by vkjalan » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:21 am

OK Now to proceed what do we need ? Can someone draft a neat letter addressing to the Commissioner of police that we intend to setup a Rifle club and we would like to use their shooting range.

I am game to setup the shooting range at the place I have also there is absolutely no issues with that.

But only then what happens is that the licensing issues and stuff come into play. When we are using the firing range of the police the hassles are less. At least that is what was conveyed to me by someone.

Now now let me make myself clear i am not backing out i am just giving the options taking into consideration the current licensing policies and issues.

So lets proceed full on and get things going. !

santhosh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by santhosh » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:10 pm

Guys count me in

Chennai too has lots of gun enthusiasts.
:wink:
Regards
santhosh.B

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:35 pm

Lets gather other members by means of PM etc on this, HVJ , mundaire can get together to draft the application based on their application (as HVJ has some credcentials to boast to my knowledge, would help in getting things streamlined).
NRAI can be approached regarding affiliation , there is provision for the same in their manifesto.

As IFG is already registered can't we use the same society to start the shooting range at locations mentioned by vkjalan, same brand will help later in image building as the site is already doing well.

Regards
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:08 pm

its a fantastic idea, go for it.

locally it will be most beneficial to the locals, but not sure of someone from other end of the India? saying that i do see some advantages for the ones who can not get membership else where due to what ever reasons.

it would be good for members to come once or twice and hold comps.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

eternalme
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by eternalme » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:21 pm

Naga,

We can later adopt franchise model or branch model. rightly said in anyway it will help ifgians ,even if its a small thing such as a rifle club membership (probably we would just need police clearance and not 2 members to second the application, far call as of yet) which is not easy to get by in some places.

Regards
ll====lll lll====ll
lll Subs lll