IFG rifle club : proposing to start our rifle club

All shooting sports - ISSF/ IPSC/ HFT/ Sporting Clays etc.
snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Re: IFG rifle club : proposing to start our rifle club

Post by snIPer » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:39 am

Shooters Academy
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

For Advertising mail webmaster
santhosh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by santhosh » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:58 pm

Any updates????

gunner007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gunner007 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:41 pm

Guys, I was going through your posts and here's what i think:

1. We should first try to get in touch with a private club/auditorium/building etc who would agree to rent us his buildings from time to time for our meetings/shooting/practicing and other practices. The IFG is a huge community and I am sure, we can find someone with good political connections who can help us get the job done.

2. For the location, I think we need not think of only Delhi as the club location. I mean, we should conduct a poll and decide it by a majority vote to set up the club in that location.

3. For the fundings, we can make start by making donations. We can fix two or three people as treasurers for the time being and all interested members of IFG who want an IFG club can make cash donations to these treasurers. I mean, the thing would be donation based. No compulsion. And interested members can donate as much as they want. Once, we have enough funds, we can use them properly to solve the property issues ( i mean, it will help us to solve some problems in the least).

4. Once if we can successfully launch a proper IFG club, we can then make memberships available on the basis of paid one year, 2 years, 5 years and lifetime memberships. This will help us take care of fundings in the long run.

Listen guy, i am no expert on this matter, and therefore this was only a suggestion. Please don't mind if you didn't find this useful.

Regards,
gunner007

santhosh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by santhosh » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:37 pm

Very good suggestion

vkjalan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by vkjalan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:51 pm

Ok i am back after a long break and as i was on it i had someone work on the formation of the club. Nice suggestions for the name but though need something more catchy i feel. Also for the place i dont really think it should be a worry as i have a place of my own. Empty land and also a police firing range. Now what we need to do is form a Air rifle shooting club, Register it and then use the membership money to make our own facilities.

Now this is where is really trouble is coming, I dont know how to go about the registration of the club with the State rifle club or National Rifle club as that is the most important thing to do.

Awaiting updates.
Thank you.

santhosh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by santhosh » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:51 pm

May be Mundair can help you in this

thomast1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by thomast1 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:36 pm

Great ideas, Can't wait for this to happen.. :) :) :)

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:59 pm

Since IFG members are located all over the place I don't see how most could/ would be able to enjoy the facilities of a club which is located in any one city/ location. I suggest that all those who have the interest & drive to get things off the ground, form clubs in their respective locations. This collection of clubs can then form a nationwide confederation of sorts with reciprocal arrangements with each other. The vision being that somewhere down the line, irrespective of where someone is located in India or where they travel to within the country - he/ she will have the opportunity to access shooting facilities without going through the usual barriers to entry that most shooting associations/ clubs tend to have (these days).

For instance I don't see myself travelling 2,000 Km to go shoot at a range, but I would be willing to make a 2 hour drive to enjoy my hobby. Practically speaking, most people would have a similar view on this.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:39 pm

Right, many Clubs are needed - in major cities. At least the ones that have most of the IFGians.
But I'd say one is enough to make to start.
I hope one day I could be at such an IFG range over a weekend and meet some of you fellas.
Good luck.
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..

santhosh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by santhosh » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:50 pm

At least this is a good start

vkjalan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by vkjalan » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:26 pm

Hmmmmmmm we surely are heading somewhere !

santhosh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by santhosh » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:01 pm

any updates...

gunner007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gunner007 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:38 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........looks like we've made a good start.....i can form a small IFG club here in my hometown. Actually, I don't really live in Kolkata. I was spending my 2 month summer breaks there. Now i am back to my hometown Haldia and there's a BIG CLUB in my colony. It has lots of open spaces and large empty rooms for music practice and any other activities. I can use this club as my base and headquarters for the local IFG club in Haldia (and I have already applied for permission). And i can also get a few rooms customized to suit our shooting needs and for aiming practice. All that i need is a permission from the administrators of this community to open a LEGAL IFG club in Haldia and that's it!!!!!!

Regards,
Ciao.

thomast1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by thomast1 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:26 pm

hey all, any further info on this?

santhosh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana