My .30-06 Rifle

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
sport_line_play
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

My .30-06 Rifle

Post by sport_line_play » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:02 pm

Hi everyone
I'm posting couple of pics of my rifle which is a 'B.S.A. Majestic Featherweight Deluxe Rifle .30-06 cal, 22" barrel with Factory BSA Efficient Barrel muzzle brake, with folding back sights and weighs around 71/2 lbs.' This rifle has been in my family for around 32 years and has accounted for several trophies.
I also want to know whether any other member of this forum has this rifle or knows someone who actually has it.

P.S. - Sorry 4 the bad quality pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
jashwantsinh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: My .30-06 Rifle

Post by jashwantsinh » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:05 pm

Good dear,

Please take pics again having a plain and bright background to enable view pics more clearily,

Thanks for posting pics and have a safe/pleasent shooting.

Jashwantsinh

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi nice rifle. please tell us about the trophies
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi

Great rifle my cousin has a BSA .3006 but do some research on this board there is information on BSA rifles. Second shooters request for trophies information.

Cheers

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:35 pm

A pretty rifle and not very expensive in the days of yore. I remember a friend having bought the same rifle in Bhopal from a foreigner hunter (1964) for princely sum of Rs.3200/ then. It sported a n unvented 24" barrel though. The buyer happened to be a rich BIDI manufacturer. I distinctly remember falling in love with this rifle at 1st sight. Loved it's balance and light weight. shot pretty well but the barrel would start walking if shot continuously after 1st 5 rounds which again is common for rifles built to make 1st shot count. Never saw the other of the kind again till I saw the picture today.

Marksman

sport_line_play
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sport_line_play » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:11 pm

Once again i apologise 4 the bad quality pics as it was taken from a mobile cam....and i assure u that i'll soon upload good quality pics. My grandfather bought this rifle in 1964 from a military officer from Gaya for around 3500/-. He mostly shot deers and antelopes which used to damage the crops...nowadays since there's a comlete ban on hunting, deer shooting is a taboo..

vishosingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vishosingh » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:31 pm

sport_line_play wrote:Hi everyone
I'm posting couple of pics of my rifle which is a 'B.S.A. Majestic Featherweight Deluxe Rifle .30-06 cal, 22" barrel with Factory BSA Efficient Barrel muzzle brake, with folding back sights and weighs around 71/2 lbs.' This rifle has been in my family for around 32 years and has accounted for several trophies.
I also want to know whether any other member of this forum has this rifle or knows someone who actually has it.

P.S. - Sorry 4 the bad quality pics.

nice
i have the same rifle in 30 06 as well and it is a pleasure to shoot
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

ganeshnayak
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ganeshnayak » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:38 pm

I was talking to a business associate yesterday whose is from Germany.
He said he was in some place in eastern Europe where some company makes 3 barreled rifles costing something like 400,000USD(yes 400k$; it seems rich Russinas buy them).
Does any one have any info on this?

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:43 pm

ganeshnayak wrote:I was talking to a business associate yesterday whose is from Germany.
He said he was in some place in eastern Europe where some company makes 3 barreled rifles costing something like 400,000USD(yes 400k$; it seems rich Russinas buy them).
Does any one have any info on this?
Google the words "combination gun" or "drilling gun/rifle" and please do not hijack this thread
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."