Price of an Airgun and Where to Buy - Beretta 92FS, Blue

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
nikhilsharma
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Price of an Airgun and Where to Buy - Beretta 92FS, Blue

Post by nikhilsharma » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:24 pm

Hello All,

Sorry for the long post!! I am an avid gun enthusiast, but newly venturing into BB / Pellet gun segment and have all these queries.
I saw this beautiful Beretta 92FS, Blue at one of the arms dealers for Rs 46,000!!! Isn’t this a bit steep!?? :shock: The Crosman CO2 cartridge is costing me Rs. 250 each and a pack of 500 flathead 0.177 pellets for Rs 200.

I have a few questions / doubts where I need help from senior IFG members:

1. Which is a better gun? A BB gun or a pellet gun like the model mentioned above? (Please see link in next question) - keeping in consideration the following points -
:arrow: A BB gun can fire more rounds than a pellet gun.
:arrow: BB Guns come with Blowback action - It sure looks very elegant but does it mean more maintenance? Do pellet guns come with blowback too? In the longer run, is Blowback good or bad?
:arrow: Piercing power of a pellet gun is better than that of a BB gun. Correct?
:arrow: This arms dealer can only get me a Walther (PPK or a CP99) if I go for a BB gun - both of which I do not like much because of their small form factors! :) Any place in New Delhi for BB guns?

PPK: http://www.airgundepot.com/walther-ppk- ... lther.html
CP99: http://www.airgundepot.com/cp99mg.html

2. What would be the right price for a gun like Beretta 92FS, Blue in India (New Delhi)?I know the same gun is available at Pyramydair (http://www.pyramydair.com/p/beretta-fs9 ... -gun.shtml) for under $200. Would finally cost me around $350 including duty and shipping - which is not even half the price in India!

3. Can someone please list the dealers where replica guns (BB and Pellet) would be available in Delhi with indicative approximate prices?

4. Is it wise to risk it and take a chance ordering a gun from Pyramydair? It’s the only online store I know of that can ship to India, provided the gun clears the customs. I'd only be ordering the gun (and pellets maybe) and no CO2 cartridge knowing the issues with compressed gas canisters in air freight. Please note I am NOT a member of any rifle clubs yet and definitely do not want to get tangled in the law. Also, sure wouldn’t want to lose my money, with the gun getting confiscated at customs!!! Has anyone ordered a gun before from Pyramydair?

Thanking all of you in advance for all your valuable comments. Please do pitch in!!
Have a wonderful 2011 ahead. Party safe and DO NOT carry your guns while partying!! :lol: ROTFL

Peace,
Nikhil
"Ours not to reason why, Ours but to do and die" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
Peace,
Nikhil

For Advertising mail webmaster
Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Price of an Airgun and Where to Buy - Beretta 92FS, Blue

Post by Subal das » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:56 pm

I hope you have seen already threads dedicated to import of air guns via post or baggage routs, if you are not scared then go ahead other wise check sale section here.

I think pellets CO2 guns are more accurate, so if you planing to do some target practice, that may be possible. for example Beeman P17 not so costly same time very accurate at 10m, at least more accurate then I can get of it. but it is pump action. Webley Alecto may be best in pump powered air pistol 600fps very respectable and accurate.

from CO2 pistols Walther CP88, Blued, 6 inch barrel quite accurate and 450 fts very good for CO2 gun.

in both cases, you buy local or import, air guns are costly hobby, be well prepared ...

best wishes in new year and welcome to IFG
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

nikhilsharma
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nikhilsharma » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:14 am

Thanks a lot Subal for your prompt reply!
I understand its an expensive hobby - so is the price I am being quoted correct for the gun?

Unfortunately I did not find much in the buy / sell section at IFG except a Glock replica..... Lets see how that goes down.

Thanks again!
Peace,
Nikhil

highlander9999
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by highlander9999 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:10 pm

forget berreta in air guns buy the best daina or walther crossman or remingtons are also good highlander9999

sameerchhapra
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sameerchhapra » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:08 pm

Nikhil, more than wanting an air pistol for target shooting, it looks to me like you want a replica gun of an actual firearm. if its just plinking you want to do, I would suggest a nice pellet gun. Start off with on the locally available IHP models and see if you like the sport. Then you can always buy online and have pistols or even rifles shipped to you.
I suggest checking out the sale ads here on ifg and see if sumthing suits your taste and budget.
I too have a gun for sale : its a Gamo Compact .177 air pistol (match) check it out.
And yeah, one more thing, if you want to start of with something reliable and cheap go for the crosman 1377 multipump

rohit dsidc
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rohit dsidc » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:44 am

@ Nikhil
Hi
This is Rohit from Delhi n I too m finding myself in the same situation where U r , Guess I wud like to communicate with u directly, Can I ask to to mail me on [email protected] , so that we can get together n start hunting for sum good air pistols :)
Regards
Rohit

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:58 pm

I used to shot Beeman P17 recently, that gun cost usd35 and what a surprise it is very very accurate gun, for that money simple unbelievable. great gun to start, great trigger and no recoil, no need CO2, gun is single stroke pneumatic.
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:24 pm

@ Subal, if you want to get a profit of 100% (70 USD) on the Beeman, I am game :D. Provided it is still working!! :wink:
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:21 pm

essdee1972 wrote:@ Subal, if you want to get a profit of 100% (70 USD) on the Beeman, I am game :D. Provided it is still working!! :wink:
it is gone as a gift

the way you are calculating 100% is flown it cost me much more to get it here
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

sgokul2006
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sgokul2006 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:38 pm

do I need a license for co2 guns?

Priyan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Priyan » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:46 pm

sgokul2006 wrote:do I need a license for co2 guns?
No. They are nothing more than toys. You don't need a permit for them. If importing customs may give a little problem though but you'll get it for sure without a permit.
When I'll get to shoot a gun?

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:53 pm

There is no other way than to import the pistol yourself after getting a club membership. That way it will cost about Rs.15,000. Buying it from a shop will cost you three times the price at least.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

satrycon
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by satrycon » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:53 pm

tried the 92fs today...very nice, very accurate,,smooth as silk

-- Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:04 pm --

ah the 92fs is very nice to shoot..once i have a fresh co2 can, i have to finish it right ? no way to remove it until empty correct ?

first test at 33ft, p10 pellets,1inch grid target from http://www.mytargets.com/index.html

a bit scattered at first, but better once i got used to the sight, the last few shots went through the same holes in the red square.

Nirvana
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Nirvana » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:07 pm

hi Satrycon

from where did u get beretta 92FS.
I am also lookin for the same.
how much did it cost you.
you got it from someone coming from overseas of u imported it urself.

Help me get berreta i m dying to hold it :(
Reality is complex and Life is unfair.
But neither of them promised otherwise.