My Pistols and target results!

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
weapon247
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: My First pistol

Post by weapon247 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:56 pm

comments on the target are invited!! :D

For Advertising mail webmaster
ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:03 am

Very nice weapon247 - Congratulations! :cheers:

Lovely weapons - cats and bulls combination; Yummy!

I like the detailed way you described the specifics of the firing situation. Also real neat way to photograph a shot-to-smithereens-target (back-lit yet :D WoW)! Phew! You must have had some serious fun. Consider me a part of your Rah Rah Club!

How many rounds fired in total at the sheet?

Your target image reminds me - I must post some photos of a couple of Sig Sauer 9mm pistol target sheets at 10m and 15m that I decimated at the Sharjah Shooting Club recently (I came back with a somewhat sadly, depleted wallet :x ). It was my first time trying the SS9mm - great feeling.

Strangely enough, the club does not allow photography inside - so couldn't record the actual instance :( . Some weird rules - security blah blah! But sure can upload the targets. Cheers!
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

hobbyshooter2010
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by hobbyshooter2010 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:49 am

hi, great looking metal piece, i really envy you chap. jokes apart, can you please upload some high resolution photos of the same.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:57 am

weapons247

Thats a nice grouping you have..my few times with 9 mm were pretty bad just managed few in black it was a SiG pistol the damn thing was bouncing all over the place - bad grip wrong pose and then there was a guy with a canon next to me a Colt 1911 in 45 that thing has a sonic boomb it was nerve jarring even with ear muffs ..

Thanks for posting

Cheers

weapon247
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by weapon247 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:40 pm

thank you all

@ckk yup it leaves a large hole in your wallet as well :lol:

the scoring is based on rings(10) * no. of shots so I shot at it 30 times (30*10=300) total score....

30 shots fired in strings of 5 each.. after each string a ceasefire was called and my instructor highlighted my mistakes.. the shots you see in white were from the first 2 strings.. :(

I had been practicing at 10 mtrs on a 25 m rapid fire target and this was my first 25m precision target at 15m!! my passing score set by the instructor was to shoot no more than 3 outside of the black!! sadly I failed it but as you can see my last 4 groups were tighter maybe not more than 4 inches!! :lol:

@ hobbyshooter do you mean pics of the target or the pistol?

-- Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:14 pm --

@ngrewal which sig pistol did you fire ?

I have fired a sig 226 and to be honest I wasnt pleased either.... one good thing at my range is that you can get times where you are the only shooter!! that is mostly the time I practice (used almost 80 bullets on this quite trip) otherwise I mostly let off a few and pack my bags if the range is a bit busy!! :D

weapon247
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by weapon247 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:53 pm

@ Ckkalyan waiting for your target pics :lol:

@ngrewal still waiting for your comments!!

@ all will it be a nice idea to open a new thread where all of us can post their targets for evaluation and improvement purpose?

-- Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:05 pm --

so many views and no comments :P :roll:

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Re: My Pistols and target results!

Post by ckkalyan » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:05 pm

@ weapon247 Targets have been uploaded :D

http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic ... 12&t=12794

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:20 pm

weapon247 wrote:so many views and no comments
Plain envy old chap :wink:

Nice shooting.Now go and shoot some more.Nothing like the smell of gun powder,what say you?

boris
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by boris » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:12 pm

weapon247 wrote:thank you all

@ckk yup it leaves a large hole in your wallet as well :lol:

the scoring is based on rings(10) * no. of shots so I shot at it 30 times (30*10=300) total score....

30 shots fired in strings of 5 each.. after each string a ceasefire was called and my instructor highlighted my mistakes.. the shots you see in white were from the first 2 strings.. :(

I had been practicing at 10 mtrs on a 25 m rapid fire target and this was my first 25m precision target at 15m!! my passing score set by the instructor was to shoot no more than 3 outside of the black!! sadly I failed it but as you can see my last 4 groups were tighter maybe not more than 4 inches!! :lol:

@ hobbyshooter do you mean pics of the target or the pistol?

-- Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:14 pm --

@ngrewal which sig pistol did you fire ?

I have fired a sig 226 and to be honest I wasnt pleased either.... one good thing at my range is that you can get times where you are the only shooter!! that is mostly the time I practice (used almost 80 bullets on this quite trip) otherwise I mostly let off a few and pack my bags if the range is a bit busy!! :D

but i have seen most american gun owners praise the sig 226 very much,among glock 17,glock 19,sig 226,walther p99,beretta 92fs and HK USP compact how would you rate each of them
You haven't lived until you have been close to death,for those who fight life has a different flavor that the protected will never know.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:38 am

Good shooting weapon247,
How often do you get to shoot?
Is ammo availability a problem in Pakistan and how expensive is it?
boris wrote: but i have seen most american gun owners praise the sig 226 very much,among glock 17,glock 19,sig 226,walther p99,beretta 92fs and HK USP compact how would you rate each of them
Boris, I tried to answer your question here:
http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 44#p126344
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

weapon247
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by weapon247 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:01 pm

Well I have been going regularly on weekend this past month!! ammo availability is not a problem the price is!! but its ok ...its an expensive hobby in Pakistan but not a restrictive one like it is in India :D

Actually I have fired G17 extensively and sig 226 only twice around 100 bullets (so my analysis is somewhat limited)

we also have Chinese (NP-22) and Serbian clones of sig 226 (CZ999- a very excellent clone I must say). fired all of them at various occasions and to be honest there was nothing special about original 226 except for the price (its almost 6-8 times expensive of the clones!!) I regularly shoot with my stoeger cougar and am a satisfied customer of it... but hey its not in the league of sigs or glock for that matter!!

the only think i did not like on g17 was its trigger you either love it or loathe it ... more or less the same comments for sig (maybe I could become proficient by using it more!!) but you see the price of both glock and sig in Pakistan are insane around 3000-5000 dollars :shock:

but on a comparison YES i would prefer a 226 over a g17 any day!!

-- Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:32 pm --

sorry kalyan the picaso page is not opening from my work pc (they have some filters I guess)

will retry later from home :D

weapon247
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by weapon247 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:04 pm

@ckkalyan

just had a look at your targets very nice shooting indeed!! but try use the 25m precision target at 15 m as you have mastered it at 10m!!

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:00 am

weapon 247

Well you are progressing well - do share some information on other tips provided by the instructor namely grip, pose etc. I have fired two pistols in PB bore a SIG 226 here and a Glock 17 in India. They both seem to be great guns - issue with Glock was bad ammo so every third shot it jammed. SIG was eating the cheap ammo range guys were feeding it..my best grouping was from my Browning Buckmark .22..you see I like manageable recoil guns lately I am being fascinated by .380 especially Beretta 85 or SIG / CZ 83.

Post more pictures if possible

Cheers

weapon247
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by weapon247 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:42 am

Thanks Ngrewal!

Actually I started off from scratch!! wiped out all my previous learning and learned basics... also got some very good tips along the way but the trick is to get the basics right... sight alignment/picture, breathing control and trigger control and a lot of ammo an passion !!

I never said they were not good guns!! but I didnt find them real value for money both sig and glock are more of status symbols here!! a lot of bad but rich shooters buy these guns and are then seen swearing at them at the range for being lousy!! :P somebody needs to tell them maybe its the shooter fault!! :roll: :twisted:

well cz 83 is a fixed barrel and all the guns in this league are inherently more accurate because of the fixed barrel and lower recoil... browning buckmark is a category in its own!!

glock is a tough beast I have seen it been fed with the worst ammo /reloads one can find and still it keeps chewing them... what ammo was being used in the glock that kept jamming?

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:56 pm

Thank you weapon247 :D

:cheers: