IOF PISTOL AUTO 9mm 1A

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

IOF Hi Power reviews

Post by Sakobav » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:44 pm

I am pasting a link to discussion on IOF 9 MM Hi power. Couple of interesting things (1) Never knew you could buy one of these in West especially "Gander Mountain" kind of stores (2) They claim its copy of Inglis Canadian make (3) Read the last message " gun was machined by drunken monkey" :lol: so much for ISO9000

http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=208631

Check it out

Navdeep

For Advertising mail webmaster
The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

IOF PISTOL AUTO 9mm 1A

Post by The Doc » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:44 pm

Today I was going through the pruducts list of IOF and I found IOF PISTOL AUTO 9 mm 1A. Now is this 9mm pistol for civilians or is it only for the armed forces ?If for civilian use how much does it cost?

http://ofbindia.gov.in/products/data/weapons/wsc/7.htm

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: IOF PISTOL AUTO 9 mm 1A

Post by Risala » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:51 pm

Orthopod,
9 MM being a PB,it's issue is restricted to the Armed and Para military forces.
Thanks
Sanjay

penpusher

Re: IOF PISTOL AUTO 9 mm 1A

Post by penpusher » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:31 pm

9mm luger/para is a PB.License for which is issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs,GOI.It's granted on the following grounds:-

1.The licensee has owned the firearm for a specific period of time and he/she wishes to transfer it to his/her legal heir.

2.To an Armed Forces oficer issued a PB firearm before 1984.

3.The firearm was accquired through inheritance.

4.To a person under some specific threat and whose application is supported by a report of the SP,testifying to the threat and that the applicant can't reasonably protect himself/herself with a NPB firearm.

So while a 9mm pistol is a PB firearm,there are people who have a license for them.Mostly Luger's but also some Walther P 38's.These are from the good old days when licenses for PB firearms were issued by SDM's. IOF however does not sell either the 9mm pistol or ammo to civilians. It only sells .38 revolver ammo in the civilian mkt.

penpusher

penpusher

mismisra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Zeroing in a 9mm IOF pistol

Post by mismisra » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:51 pm

We do have a lot of hand gun buffs. Would somebody attempt to tell me how do you zero a 9mm pistol (IOFB made)
:twisted: electron

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: zeroing a 9mm IOC

Post by Risala » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:04 pm

Didnt know that hand guns were zeroed or could be :o :shock: and definitely not a 9 mm I presume you

are discussing the one made by IOF.

Sanjay

mismisra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mismisra » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:10 pm

indian ordinance Factory 9mm pistol can be zeoed according to the manual that much i know.
It also has 6 detachable foresights.have you tried doing it

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:13 pm

Attach a laser sight if you have one and zero that. Handgun sights cannot be adjusted or zeroed in most models. Shoot at a target in a range at 10 m and see how a 5 shot clip groups. Mind you a 9 mm Luger or other 9 mm guns are not easy to control. If not a match grade pistol a casual shooter is likely to encounter at least 8 inch groups initially from a short barreled pistol ( 3 to 4 inch barrels ). Post pictures of the group. Aim at 6 O clock and shoot stedely with mental concentration. Use both hands to grip first few weeks.

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:14 pm

Have fired the IOF version among others incl Beretta 92 ,they cannot be zeroed.

Any hand gun with fixed sights cannot be zeroed,and for what.Zeroing is usually done at longer ranges

around 100 mts for rifles.

Sanjay

mismisra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mismisra » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:21 pm

Hi Shahid i am not a casual at this unfortunately laser att are out.I have also noticed a drop in accuracy

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:47 pm

MM, assuming you're in the military, and assuming you are talking about the IOF 9mm, the front sight is dovetailed onto the frame with varying degrees of tightness. Best would be to get your unit armorer to help you drift adjust it... that is if there is a suitable tool. Sights can be adjusted, if at all, only for windage and not elevation. The distinct hump that cradles the rear sight would suggest that it would be adjustable, but it apparently is not.

Anyway, at the kind of distances and circumstances that pistols are meant to be used, barring target pistols, factory zero is adequate and re-zeroing a meaningless exercise.

mismisra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mismisra » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:56 pm

Hi CC you guessed right and your kind suggestion is acceptable what does one do about the production scatter. We also use the same pistol one hell of a monster to say the least as the first step to competetion shooting

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:09 pm

cottage cheese";p="27017 wrote:MM, assuming you're in the military, and assuming you are talking about the IOF 9mm
Thats what happens when newbie doesn't post intro :roll:

Hi Mismisra,

Can you please post your intro or point me to one if you already posted (though I already searched but couldn't find). This is basic etiquette when you join some new forum or a group of people.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:18 am

how about Bore Sighters??
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:36 am

Since the IOFB made 9mm is basically a copy of the Browning Hi-power (Inglis)... I would suggest you go to www.brownells.com or some place similar and order micrometer adjustable rear and matching front sights... If you are really serious about using the pistol for any paper target shooting, that is...

I am not really sure how much accuracy can be squeezed out of this particular gun, but I am sure it can certainly be made to shoot more accurately than in factory standard form - by replacing certain parts, like the barrel, locking lug, etc. with imported ones... Not sure if you will be able to import those parts though...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein