IOF ASHANI .32 pistol

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Re: IOF ASHANI .32 pistol

Post by The Doc » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:34 pm

james789 wrote: I m very happy to tell u that yesterday I have got my brand new ashani pistol from gsf.
Congratulations James789 . I see that you are in Ludhiana. Can you please tell me how much total money did you spend buying this pistol including money spent on documentation/permissions, travel (? by air) and boarding/lodging at Kolkata . I want to calculate how much extra money one ends up spending in addition to the MRP of the pistol, whether it is worth waiting for approx. 18 months (booking to delivery) and a further restriction of sale for the next five years in comparison to a pre-owned Ashani for 1.65 - 1.8 L available in the market where one also has an option to pick and choose the (better) firearm.

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

For Advertising mail webmaster
james789
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by james789 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:51 am

hi the doc,
according to my point of view only the money does not matters i spend on it. time n harrasment, tension , working days loss should also be considered at the final amount. i spend 2000 for noc to get it with in two days or it will get a month or more.
11500 for air ticket
2000 for transport ldh to delhi airport n del to ldh
800 for airport to factory n reverse
200 for factory to lal bazar n bazar to factory
1500 for ac rooms for two nights in kolkata
2000 to feed myself during all the trip.
u can add 1000 more rs to it which i really dont remember where i spent. 24 months long waiting, two days of harrasment by both factory n DM off lal bazar.
lines i stood for hours in hot n humid conditions n in rain, long tiring travel all this matters to me more then the money i spend on it nearby 105000 to 110000 and this dose not end up here after this five year non selling contract.
this is all, in my views it is worth buying pistol for 1.65 to 1.80 L rather than a new one from factory.
you are better judge than me, so i m waiting for ur reply
thanks

rahul0008
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rahul0008 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:17 am

@james
well said james, i opted for second option considering the above hurdels.
i am also free to upgrade anytime i wish.
but at present i am satisfied with my ashani.
hey can anybody tell me how to pronounce ashani. i am a bit confused. pls help
thanks

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:18 am

james789 wrote:according to my point of view only the money does not matters i spend on it. time n harrasment, tension , working days loss should also be considered at the final amount. 24 months long waiting, two days of harrasment by both factory n DM off lal bazar.
lines i stood for hours in hot n humid conditions n in rain, long tiring travel all this matters to me more then the money i spend on it nearby 105000 to 110000 and this dose not end up here after this five year non selling contract. In my view it is worth buying pistol for 1.65 to 1.80 L rather than a new one from factory.
I do understand the problems faced by the common man in our beloved country and I respect your opinion. Since you are based in Ludhiana,things would have been easier had you booked your pistol at OCFC Chandigarh but the waiting period would have been much much longer and that might have been the reason why you opted to buy it from Kolkata. Anyways, now that you have it enjoy your new pistol and shoot safe.
rahul0008 wrote:can anybody tell me how to pronounce ashani.
http://www.pronouncenames.com/pronounce/ashani

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:48 am

The pronouncenames link was a good one @ The Doc - very interesting! Thanks :)
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:31 am

You are most welcome CKK. :)

best,
Rp.

captain
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by captain » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:33 am

Hi,

I received my collection date i.e. is 25th Oct 201 for .32 asahni

Regards

nathb
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nathb » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:02 pm

hello captain, I am new in this discussion, can you plesae update me your booking month n year

-- Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:03 pm --

regards

nathb

-- Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:06 pm --

hello james,

Congratulations for your new pistol, can you please tell the booking month n year of your pistol.

Regards
nathb

james789
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by james789 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:02 pm

Hi
@nathb
I have booked my pistol in April 2009 but cannot collect it on time at first call letter in September 2010.
This is my second call letter from factory in sep 2011.
Factory guys really don't cancel your order if u don't collect it on time n nor give u refunds. They give u collection date in later dates.

Thanks
James

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:30 am

Is it possible to buy another .32 pistol from IOF within five years
Why not? Why do you think you cannot buy another pistol? The Arms Act 1959 as it stands today, you can have 3 firearms in any combination.
After selling the first one are we capable of applying for the new pistol from IOF,
not from the same place but from any where else in the country.
So long your license allows you to buy, you can buy. Not necessary to go to somewhere else, you can buy from the same place also.
As I hav seen many IOF .32 pistols 2010 models in the market for sale
http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 1&start=15
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

captain
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by captain » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:39 pm

Hi
@ Nathb

Booked on 15/02/2010 collection on 25/10/2011

Regards

nathb
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nathb » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:08 am

Thanks for information provided by James & Captain

With Regards

devender kumar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by devender kumar » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:25 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi gentlemen!

I am happy to got the information to collect my PISTOL Ashani in the last week of November. I belong to Punjab.

I want to book my flight from IGI Airport to CCP. If someone have their listings near 23, 24 25 may contact over email no. [email protected] to have some company.

I need valued guidance from experts that if someone go alone to collect arms from CCP, How much type of risks are there at CCP/ Calcutta / on the way by Air or by Train. Which journey is safest to carry the weapon. How many people are allowed in the GSF Should I get shots with me or collect it from CCP/Calcutta. Should I purchase GSF shots or imported one. If govt. give Holsters with the weapon or I have to purchase it from there or from local market.

I was told by someone that when someone goes to collect it some local thugs may cheat you there. Is it true or not.

Your valued guidance will help me a lot.

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:56 pm

hi devender kumar congratulations you have got call to collect weapon.get your paperwork complete like NOC from local DM office they will furnish you NOC FOR 10 days to collect the weapon from kolkotta.after collecting your weapon you can purchase ammo from any dealer in kolkotta.only one man is allowed inside factory and that too has timings in two shifts i dont know exact time of shift.if you want to collect your weapon early in morning shift than you have to reach factory very early.you can bring your pistol by air along with you in that case you have to surrender your weapon to authorties and they will return you in delhi airport.if you are bringing by air than check with airline officers whether you can bring ammo along with it.if you are going trough train then take your weapon purchase ammo and fill your both mags in case you have applied for additional one and get to your train and reach punjab.there is nothing to afraid after all you have iof pistol and ammo for defence.if you have time and want to see kolkotta then go by train and if you are in hurry then go by air.govt will not give you holster you have to purchase it.take it from local dealer in punjab and get info of gundealer who is near factory and purchase some iof make ammo only and fresh one too..32acp round is not on import list in india so if you purchase some imported ammo and noticed by a good cop or officer during a routine check then you will be in trouble if you want more help pm me i will be happy to help you thanks

captain
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by captain » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:52 am

Hi

My collection date is 25/10/2011 as per GSF website. I haven' t received a call letter yet. I can not apply for NOC until I get a call letter.

I had emailed GSF for the same and they asked me to download collection date from website.

Will i able to get NOC from local DM Office with this print out from website

Please advise