IOF ASHANI .32 pistol

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: IOF ASHANI .32 pistol

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:16 pm

Printout from website is a valid document as per Section 65B of Indian Evidence Act, 1872 and Information Technology Act 2000. If for some reason he contests the veracity of the printout, just make him visit the website and see original the document.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

For Advertising mail webmaster
viyen azavedo
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by viyen azavedo » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:22 pm

NOC CAN BE APPLIED FOR WITHOUT CALL LETTER.BUT NOC IS VALID ONLY FOR 3 MONTHS.SO BE VERY SURE DATE OF DELIVERY.

devender kumar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by devender kumar » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:08 pm

ashokgodara wrote:hi devender kumar congratulations you have got call to collect weapon.get your paperwork complete like NOC from local DM office they will furnish you NOC FOR 10 days to collect the weapon from kolkotta.after collecting your weapon you can purchase ammo from any dealer in kolkotta.only one man is allowed inside factory and that too has timings in two shifts i dont know exact time of shift.if you want to collect your weapon early in morning shift than you have to reach factory very early.you can bring your pistol by air along with you in that case you have to surrender your weapon to authorties and they will return you in delhi airport.if you are bringing by air than check with airline officers whether you can bring ammo along with it.if you are going trough train then take your weapon purchase ammo and fill your both mags in case you have applied for additional one and get to your train and reach punjab.there is nothing to afraid after all you have iof pistol and ammo for defence.if you have time and want to see kolkotta then go by train and if you are in hurry then go by air.govt will not give you holster you have to purchase it.take it from local dealer in punjab and get info of gundealer who is near factory and purchase some iof make ammo only and fresh one too..32acp round is not on import list in india so if you purchase some imported ammo and noticed by a good cop or officer during a routine check then you will be in trouble if you want more help pm me i will be happy to help you thanks

:agree: :agree: :agree:

Thanks ashokgodara jee for your precious advise. It will definitely help me a lot to make my trip comfortable and free from all burdons.

Further I request the experts if any other type of guidance or tips may require in this regard are always welcomed.

abs_143
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by abs_143 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:44 pm

I had booked my Pistol at cossipore last year and sent the booking amount by DD with my application from. Now Yesterday I had sent my balance payment as per the demand letter recieved by me few months back by Demand draft. I which it was clearly mentioned to send the payment by Demand draft only.

Someone told me now they are not accepting Demand drafts. And they are returning the payments sent by demand drafts. As per my booking number sequence, I am expecting my collection date to be in december this year.

Is it true that they are returning payments??
Experts please advise. What should I do now?

captain
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by captain » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:48 pm

Hi abs_143

Yes they are not accepting demand drafts any more. They will return your draft. They are now accepting payments only through account transfer into their Central Bank Account

Please visit www.gsf.gov.in for all the details

Regard
Captain

captain
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by captain » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:50 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:Printout from website is a valid document as per Section 65B of Indian Evidence Act, 1872 and Information Technology Act 2000. If for some reason he contests the veracity of the printout, just make him visit the website and see original the document.

Hi goodboy-mentor

Thanks for your advice. Will try for NOC and will post soon

Regards
Captain

abs_143
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by abs_143 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:53 pm

captain wrote:Hi abs_143

Yes they are not accepting demand drafts any more. They will return your draft. They are now accepting payments only through account transfer into their Central Bank Account

Please visit http://www.gsf.gov.in for all the details

Regard
Captain
Is it legal to change the procedure and not informing the customer who have already booked the pistol in past.

devender kumar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by devender kumar » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:56 pm

Dear experts !

Today I visited my local ADC office to extend the PP as my PP expired in Nov. last year. As I got my call letter to collect my weapon in Nov. 11, I couldn`t purchase myy weapon due to delay by GSF, CCP, the local Admn. was not aware of whether he can add. my weapon or not. I wanted to know in which section he can do so because to my knowledge delay by Govt. is not in the hands of purchaser. May I have the copy of such rules and regulations etc. to impress the authorities. kindly help me in this regards.

captain
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by captain » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:39 am

Hi

I got my collection date for 25/1011 and reportibg on 24/10/11. I am planning to go by train on 23rd October reaching Kolkata in morning 8:30 of 24th Oct

Please provide me any details which would be helpful.

Regards
Captain

abs_143
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by abs_143 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:49 pm

My Demand Drafts Will return from GSF Within this Week.

rraju2805
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by rraju2805 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:15 pm

captain wrote:Hi

I got my collection date for 25/1011 and reportibg on 24/10/11. I am planning to go by train on 23rd October reaching Kolkata in morning 8:30 of 24th Oct

Please provide me any details which would be helpful.

Regards
Captain
in which train you are coming ?
the train arrives in which station ?
HOWRAH , SEALDAH OR KOLKATA CHITPUR TARMINUS
YOU CAN FOOL SOME OF THE PEOPLE SOMETIME
BUT YOU CAN"T FOOL ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL TIME

abs_143
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by abs_143 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:13 am

What is the lodging facility provided by GSF and what are the rates.

sandhurs1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sandhurs1 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:09 pm

My collection date was 11-nov-2011
Boarded Air India at 3 am from Amritsar to delhi,
Took jetlite from New Delhi at 7am and arrived Kolkatta at 9am.

There is Prepaid taxi counter inside Kolkatta airport-Rs.180 was paid and by 10am i was at OF, Cossipore.

A queue was there, where an employee was busy stamping the Internet Printout and sending all for TL.
As I shown him my All India Licence(along with me total six people were with ALL India Lic).

He took Original and photocopy of licence as well. I was made to wait outside. People who came one day earlier for reporting started pouring in for there weapon collection. I was also made to sign a paper and was given back my stamped licence. An ID was given to hang around my neck. Half an hour later Pistol, Holster, Extra cartridge, cleaning rod with a box were handed over to me.
Took a taxi for 300rs to airport.(2pm)
At airport I told Jetlife staff that I m carrying licenced weapon. With due care I was made to sign few papers. Staff took away my baggage with weapon inside. Baggage was handed over back to me at Delhi airport.Took my flight at 4pm from kolkatta to arrive at delhi at (6pm)

PS This service by airline was free, but I was told as a matter of fact a new policy decision says that 15 nov 2011 onwards they will start charging
5000rs per weapon.(Yes it is true I checked there website)
http://www.jetairways.com/EN/KE/Baggage ... ggage.aspx

At delhi airport(6:30pm)----> took Airport express metro (Rs.80) to reach New Delhi Railway Station.

Punjab Mail took me to back to Home Sweet Home.

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:13 pm

sandhurs1,

Congratulations . I am rather impressed with your timing of the Asr-Kol-Asr trip.

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

abs_143
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by abs_143 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:51 pm

sandhurs1

CONGRATULATIONS....!!!!!! on receiving your new IOF Pistol.

I am very much surprised that you have returned back home in such a small time span after taking delivery from sarkari babus :D.

Can you please also tell us all that how many cartridges did you received from the OF. And Upload pics of all the items you received from OF.

It was in news papers that now indian govt. has changed the validity area rules to three adjoining states and not giving all india license. Kindly tell me what is the statues of licences issued earlier. And is this rule implemented or is it just proposed.

Regards,
Abs