Scope of Rifle associations in Arms Act??

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Scope of Rifle associations in Arms Act??

Post by jonahpach » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:51 pm

Has the scope of activities of Rifle Associations been included in any of the arms acts/rules or notifications??

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

For Advertising mail webmaster
dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Scope of Rifle associations in Arms Act??

Post by dr.jayakumar » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:07 pm

hi friend,
i think there is not much other than excemption from deposition of firearm during election and having a fourth firearm ie .22rifle as a member.
regards

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:27 pm

I mean as having an active part to play in the implementation of the arms act.. for instance like training in safe handling of firearms etc..

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:32 pm

Rifle Associations have not been assigned any legal role to play under Arms Act 1959 in order to implement Arms Act 1959. I do not think it to be a good idea to assign them any legal role under Arms Act 1959. It will probably create more hurdles for arms license applicants. Rifle Associations have totally seperate role of promoting shooting sports.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:02 pm

I was thinking the Rifle Associations could play a more positive role in terms of Firearms Training, Safety awareness, etc.. AKA N.R.A. Moreover cops here cant even differentiate between Prohibited bore and Prohibited FIrearm..

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:58 am

Rifle Associations can surely play more important role independently of Arms Act 1959. Why they are not doing it? Because many of them have been practically taken over by corrupt and vested interests. Linking such organization legally with the Arms Act 1959 like making a legal precondition of "certificate" etc. from these organizations for arms license would create more problems for arms license applicants.

As far as question of non prohibited bore, prohibited bore and prohibited arms etc. all these are unconstitutional creations and figments of imagination put into the Arms Act 1959. When arms are fundamental right under the Constitution, then how can any arm be prohibited in contravention to the Constitution? State may create more legal paperwork, higher checks and balances etc. for certain type of arms but cannot blindly "prohibit" them. I think you are able to get my point.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:10 am

As usual GBM Muchas Gracias!

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:33 am

Since some DM's have been know to accept donations towards Rifle Associations, I was hoping there would be some kind of legal base to do so..

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:02 pm

It was done during British rule to enable arms license holders to come and practice shooting. But now the District Magistrates do not give receipts for such donations rather extortions. It is all black money generation tactics. Probably answer to your query is in this thread http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15478