Importing airguns into India

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Nirvana
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Importing airguns into India

Post by Nirvana » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:12 pm

hi gun lovers

I just joined this forum today and I cant express in words how happy I am after getting such a platform to discuss and get info from people for getting air guns here.
Well I do have single shot air guns which really sucks with precision and ease of use as u hav to load it each time.
I know I might be asking the same question but please forgive me :)

I want to know which sites delivers air guns in india and if any1 has any exp getting it in bangalore from some site. I tried with Amazon but they do not deliver in india for air guns.

I can help you with gun shops in bangalore if any1 wants coz i have really drilled all of them for CO2 automatic and I guess people here already know that if you ask them to import for u they will charge u like 10 times or more of the gun price

one gun shop owner told me that CO2 automatic will start from 40K and go upto 80K wat crap u can get a real gun in that much money lol
the least price which I got was 30K for a crossman CO2 which I guess is less than 100 dollars price and guy gave me a last price of 28K (horrible)

Please tell me someone online store who delivers in india

happy shooting :)
Reality is complex and Life is unfair.
But neither of them promised otherwise.

For Advertising mail webmaster
chucky
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by chucky » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:47 pm

Welcome to the forum, Go through the entire discussion in the same thread and you will get all the details regarding suppliers, procedure etc...

boris
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by boris » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:55 pm

most of the discussions here are pertaining to .177 air rifles,but what is the case with air pistols in .177 for 10 m pistol event

do we need rifle club membership for them too??
You haven't lived until you have been close to death,for those who fight life has a different flavor that the protected will never know.

vmanicks
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by vmanicks » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:14 am

Boris: There is no import of Air Rifle and Air Pistols authorized for commercial purpose.

Either you need to be a member of NRAI or Local Club afiliated to NRAI.

If you looking at getting into 10M Pistol. Get yourself enrolled with Bangalore Rifle club to start with.
Daystate Buckmaster (Limited Edition 70/100), Walther Dominator, Diana 350 Magnum, Weihrauch HW50, Harrington & Richardson 20 Guage

boomboom
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by boomboom » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:42 pm

awini wrote:
rajveer wrote:Dear awini,
is it your persenal experience or some of your near and dear one facing/faced this this situation.
Thats exactly what is happening to me in Mumbai. We will have to pay a whopping demourage to get it, when/if the judgement comes out in our favour !

kindly give an account of what really happend , or
is it an hear say ?
It will be a great help if you can provide fisrt hand experience of someone who was asked for a licence , who has imported airgunn.

Pls reply and with some facts.
my mother got in a ruger airhawk elite .177 from the usa which is stuck in customs for almost a year, they have not released it for one reason or another, first they asked her to get a membership of a club, so she got membership of the NRAI, as recently as a few weeks ago when she went again to customs they cited a high court judgement asking for a licence from the Delhi police, so she went to the licencing dept of the Delhi police, who were bewildered at her request. they said that they cant issue a licence because it is not a firearm, and they have received no communication from the customs dept in this regard. both departments are not willing to give anything in writing so the harassment of a 75 year old woman continues!

hksigh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by hksigh » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:54 am

Good Morning everybody,

Sub- importing .22 air rifle as a part of one's personnel baggage.

One of my friend coming from Hongkong next month. I want him to bring a Dina's 48 in .22 caliber as a part of his personal baggage. I would like to know the process/ formalities, if there any. Expect your kind suggestion to make his travel hassle free.

Thanking with/ Harshbardhan Singh

vmanicks
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by vmanicks » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:23 am

Being Newbie in this forum.

Please go through the relevant thread before voicing out for suggestions.

With current situation its completely impossible to get cleared through customs
Daystate Buckmaster (Limited Edition 70/100), Walther Dominator, Diana 350 Magnum, Weihrauch HW50, Harrington & Richardson 20 Guage

hksigh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by hksigh » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:18 pm

Hello everybody,

I would like to know that Can a NRI's bring an air rifle(.22caliber) to India along with his baggage? If yes, please do highlight the expected problem, if any.
Thanking with/ Harshbardhan Singh

vmanicks
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by vmanicks » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:58 am

You can carry in your checked in baggage.

If it gets confiscated, the chances of getting them back is almost NIL

hksigh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by hksigh » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:16 pm

Dear Vmanicks, Thanks for your kind reply. But, I want to have diana' 48 in .22 caliber. please suggest the process to have it. Does any dealer sell it in India?
Thanks/ Harshbardhan

ArunJanarthanan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Importing airguns into India | Gamo Silent Cat 1200 fps

Post by ArunJanarthanan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:28 am

Hi All,

I am planning to visit Chennai in April 2012 and would like to purchase "Gamo Silent Cat .177 Air Rifle with 4x32 Scope" and bring it with my baggage to Chennai.

Please advice if I could buy the ammo in Chennai and near area, also any advice on declaring it to custom would be of much helpful.

Here below the specification for Gamo Silent Cat.

It does cost me around $200 is it worth of buying ?

Description

The Gamo Whisper Silent Cat shoots .177 cal PBA grade pellets at 1200 fps. It is equipped with a deluxe recoil pad and has a base for mounting its 4x32 air rifle scope.

MECHANISM

* Velocity: 1200 feet per second (fps) with PBA, 1000 fps with Lead
* Single Shot
* Break Barrel: Single Cocking System, Spring piston
* Automatic Cocking Safety system
* Manual Trigger safety
* Barrel: Fluted Polymer Bull barrel
* Non-removable noise dampener (with up to 52% reduction)
* Cocking Effort: 30 lbs
* Trigger: Second Stage adjustable
* Manual Safety

Regards,
Arun Janarthanan

vmanicks
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by vmanicks » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:04 am

Chances of getting stuck is almost positive in Chennai.

Your FPS is around 1200 and the same might fail during a deal wood test (Please read through the forum regarding the same).

Hence its not worth taking the risk. The final decision is yours Arun :)

nupadhya
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nupadhya » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:34 pm

HI,

I wish to import the Walther LG400 (Basic) - through post. Would you know how this could be achieved from Germany/Europe). The Euro price is approx. 1400, which is much cheaper if ordered from the US (around $ 2650 or Euro2000). So obviously, online sites operating from US are ruled out (for me).

Now the German courier companies don’t transport air rifles (as caution) and the only site I know in India that does this is www.indiashooting.com. However, indiashoting.com is charging something like Euro 400 as freight :oops: , which is horrendous. Could you suggest me any alternates that may work. I am hoping to leverage on the collective experience of this forum.

thanks.....

gypsy
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gypsy » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:06 pm

My learning after going through hundreds of posts on this very informative site,

1.German online sites offer the best price for airguns, more so after 19% euro VAT exemption (America is the best for all kinds of shopping except airguns)
2. Indian dealers or facilitators can only help in removing some anxiety for new importers for a hefty premium. Not of much help either in facilitating the delivery or reducing the price (I don't want to start a flame war. This is based on my observations on this site. There could be some good guys about whom I haven't read yet)
3. You must have valid membership from a state or NRAI affiliated club. Only Rajani Kanth can import a gun without membership-period.
4. .177 best choice, .22 or powerful guns will need more than good luck for hassle free import.
5. After July 2011,European dealers have stopped using DHL /courier service. Guns (including air guns) can be shipped only through cargo service and it cost around 180 euro for a typical pistol.
6. Lot of problems in Delhi due to high court order classifying air guns as weapons and needing arms licence to procure the same.Better to delay your import till the air clears out. Other ports of entry have no issues especially after supreme court stay on it.

rksitaraman
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rksitaraman » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:57 pm

nupadhya
Try euroshooting.eu. I just imported an air rifle.
RKS