Breaking news - New Arms Act Amendment Bill to be tabled!

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Breaking news - New Arms Act Amendment Bill to be tabled

Post by mundaire » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:52 pm

Quick update, this bill was tabled in Parliament on 12 Dec 2011 (see http://zeenews.india.com/news/nation/ne ... 46583.html ); attached with this post is a PDF file with the text of the proposed amendment.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:59 pm

I do not want to burst into premature rejoicing.

Please tell me if NAGRI has prevailed upon the government not to enclose the draconian clauses that we were protesting.Thank you.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:27 pm

There is nothing there is supreme court judgement on same matter and most of courts r just giving death penalty in case of death by Prohibited weapons like sten guns,SLRS,AK47 and has given definition of Prohibited weapons erxcluding some of the weapons from category only automatic or semi automatic weapons of milatary nature comes under this category. Some weapons like 9mm .38 bore revolvers does not under this categorY
y.Only difference was official law otherwise this rule is applilied by courts.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:50 am

Please don't confuse this bill which is the Arms Amendment Bill 2011, with the Arms Amendment Bill 2010 which was tabled in Parliament last year. The latter is still hanging like a sword on all our heads awaiting a vote in Parliament; the battle is not over yet!

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:18 am

Then what is it keeping off kasab from death penalty?he has used a prohibited arm and bore,i belive!!
regards

sallu
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sallu » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:55 pm

Abhijeetji i want to know what happened to all india validity ?

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:54 pm

@ sallu - The Arms Amendment Bill 2010 (which was tabled in parliament last August) has been reviewed by the Home Committee, which has submitted its report on the bill as well as condemned the MHA order (disguised as an advisory) dated 31-03-2010. As you would recall the issue of All India Validity was part of said MHA order.

The current status is that the Arms Amendment Bill 2010 will either be put to vote in parliament (unlikely given the Home Committee's scathing report but still within the realm of possibility) OR it will be withdrawn by the government for reworking/ reintroduction at a later date (more likely but not 100% sure - nothing ever is). However, the MHA advisory/ order dated 31-03-2010 still stands and unless it is withdrawn by the MHA/ superseded by another MHA advisory/ order rescinding/ modifying it OR it is legally challenged in court it will continue to harm the interests of gun owners - including but not limited to the All India Validity issue.

HTH

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by spin_drift » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:04 am

mundaire wrote:However, the MHA advisory/ order dated 31-03-2010 still stands and unless it is withdrawn by the MHA/ superseded by another MHA advisory/ order rescinding/ modifying it OR it is legally challenged in court it will continue to harm the interests of gun owners - including but not limited to the All India Validity issue.
Abhijeet
then why are we not challenging it in court?
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

sallu
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sallu » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:42 pm

Thanks for reply ,will be glad to hear some good news in coming days.

Cheers!
Abhijeet[/quote]

Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:28 am

I'm holding my breath for till we get the good news.
Say even if temporary it would still be a victory, that we had pushed them back with their filthy agenda.
I'd celebrate on the right day.
Hail RKBA !! 8)
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:25 pm

Very interesting and - thanks for sharing Abhijeet, but very confusing as well...should we hail this move or expect hail in the near future!? More like Damocles Sword as you mentioned earlier :?
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:34 pm

The earlier amendment that provided for the death penalty was made when terrorism was at it's height in Punjab.I guess political compulsions have changed,hence the new amendment.

sallu
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sallu » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:02 pm

This is in TOI mumbai today
Sorry if posted in wrong forum.
LUCKNOW: Politicians in Uttar Pradesh are now openly promising to provide cheap liquor and free for all fire arm license if voted to power in the assembly elections.

While Samajwadi Party (SP) state president Akhilesh Yadav sought public support at a public meeting in Moradabad by pointing out that the prices of liquor have gone up in Mayawati regime, Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader and social welfare minister in Mayawti government Indrajeet Saroj, at a public meeting in Kaushambi, assured people that firearms license will be distributed in large number in the area if BSP continued in power after elections to be held in February.

ankit_padhye
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ankit_padhye » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:38 am

Hi,
I think the rules have been changed..is it true that now u need a license to Keep Air-soft Gun with You...something like shooter license or Shooter B License?