Guard fires at snatchers

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Guard fires at snatchers

Post by spin_drift » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:06 pm

Just came across this on TOI
Guard fires at snatchers, helps police nab them

NEW DELHI: A private security guard showed exemplary courage and helped cops nab three snatchers on Tuesday night.

The guard, Kamlesh Kumar, 37, was attacked by the snatchers while he was on his way to work at the DJB office in Tikri village. The snatchers, identified as Sher Khan, Wasim and Mohsim, came on a bike and ambushed him. The guard shot at them in defence, injuring one of them in the left foot, while the other two here hit on the right foot. They were later arrested by the outer district police.

complete article is available at http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 548278.cms

I think NAGRI should maintain a data base of such incidents where a legally armed person averted a crime.. as there is too much negative publicity done by the media when it comes to gun ownership and maintaining such a data base would help us counter them
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Guard fires at snatchers

Post by Vikram » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:12 am

spin_drift wrote:I think NAGRI should maintain a data base of such incidents where a legally armed person averted a crime.. as there is too much negative publicity done by the media when it comes to gun ownership and maintaining such a data base would help us counter them
Excellent suggestion. :cheers:

Or even we can post any incident in this country that highlights the principle of righteous self-defence.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:44 pm

Vikram wrote: Excellent suggestion. :cheers:

Or even we can post any incident in this country that highlights the principle of righteous self-defence.

Best-
Vikram
Yes, i had even suggested that we should get in touch with ppl like these make them the brand ambassador for the NAGRI

Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:27 pm

What happened to the NAGRI publication? There was a starter, in Hindi and English. It must still be available at NAGRI website for guys to see what it was like.
Can't we make another one and then try to keep publishing regularly?
We can put all or some of such incidents and examples in the publication. I believe the publication isn't that tough a job that it can't be done via online collaboration. We can all pitch in with our small pieces of contribution and make it happen.
I had edited the Hindi version last time and sent to Abhijeet . I can help again, so can others.
If nothing, at least this much we can pull off guys. What do you think?
Mods, please move this post to the correct thread if it is off-topic.

Regards,
Virendra
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..