Congrats trying to shoot over the rockies with this one

Cheers

For Advertising mail webmaster
prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Re: My New Long Range Precision Toy

Post by prashantsingh » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:32 pm

Wow Baljit. That looks like a really hi tech military rifle.
You are indeed a one man army.
"Jo Bole Sonihaal . Sat Sri Aakal "

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:52 pm

ngrewal wrote:Baljit

Congrats trying to shoot over the rockies with this one

Cheers
Thank you grewal sahib, where you been?

haha i'll try to shoot one rockies to other. :cheers:

Baljit

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:58 pm

prashantsingh wrote:Wow Baljit. That looks like a really hi tech military rifle.
You are indeed a one man army.
"Jo Bole Sonihaal . Sat Sri Aakal "
Thank you very much Prashant. where you been?

" jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Sri Akal "

This is for you. :cheers:

Baljit

ajayplahane
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by ajayplahane » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:53 pm

I too, hate this guy..... :mrgreen:

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:57 pm

ajayplahane wrote:I too, hate this guy..... :mrgreen:

"I Love You" ajayplahane. :cheers:

Baljit

Farmprince
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Farmprince » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:55 pm

Congrats Mr.Baljit here im the new member joined today and guess what this is rocking all the members are rocking hope i will too and your new toy there is no words to say in this world !!

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:51 am

Thank you very much Farmprince. wait few more day i'll post the range report with pictures for you guy's.

Baljit

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:36 am

Hello Guy's, first allow me to apologize for the delay.

Friday, Jan.27th.

It's friday, beautiful sunny day here in Kelowna,temperature is +3C, calm wind, what else i need can't control my self,i am very excited to take my new toy to the range.After lunch i packed my toy and i am on my way to the range,when i arrived there surprise for me because i am the only one there, it's big bonus for me so i can take my own time for zeroing my scope and let the barrel cool down. :D

After i done bore sighting i have no idea where the bullet going to hit, so i decide to start with 50 yards range,here is other surprise for me i am only 1 1/2 inch. away from bullzeye.you guy's can see in the picture.my main objective at the 50 yards is put a round on the paper so at least i know where is scope set,it is much easy for me to make adjustment for 100 yards.after 5 round at 50 yards i make my adjustment on the scope for 100 yards. :D
After i done at 50 yards, i move my self to 100 yards range.again you guy's can see in the picture how my new toy shoots at 100 yards.when i fire my first round at 100 yards, it's shoot about just over two inch. to the right.again i make my adjustment for 100 yards.you guy's can see the last two round top of each other. :cheers:
After i zero my scope at 100 yards i decide move my self to 200 yards,now i face some problem here,problem is cross wind picks ups bit :x .i still make my adjustment for 200 yards and i take my shots. you guy's can see in the picture. :o

This is my range report for you guy's.Please let me know how you guy's like it. :cheers:

Let's talk about this toy.

Muzzel Brake >> Guy's believe me or not but muzzel brake work's awesome, it's reduce recoil by 30%, so it's within the reach of average shooters. :)

Trigger >> When i open that box first thing i did is , i scale that trigger because it's much easy for me to tune that trigger so i take that stock off from the gun and tune that tirgger, it's just over 4lb trigger pull came from the factory but after tuning that trigger it's only 1/2 lb now.it's give's me more accuracy. ROTFL

Accuracy >> Guy's believe me Savage keep there promise about accuracy, i shoot factory ammo and you guy's can see in those picture how accurate this toy with factory ammo.Savage keep there reputation for accuracy. :cheers:

Stock >> As you guy's seen in these picture stock is fully adjustable, check pad, recoil pad and palm shelf. :lol:

Scope >> Guy's i dont know how i can say this, i dont have any words for it,it's Millett 6 x 25 x 56 with 35mm tube.if i compare this with Leupold then Millett is the winner.Because i have leupold on my 30.06 and that leupold scope can't beat this scope on any ground.when i take the first shot i can see the difference between both scopes.like i said i don't have a word, it's way batter then leupold.this scope comes with mill-dot and helf mill as well, so if some one want's go for mill or half mill thay don't have to adjust the scope thay can go with half mill cross. :D

Guy's today is the first time in my life ,i make my range report this long ,i do not like writing and one of you guy's know that and he is member on IFG.

Oh one more thing for my IFG members in India , most of you guy's know how the 30.06 round looks like . :D
Here is couple of picture for you guy's to compare 30.06 against 300 Win.Mag. 8)

KEEP IN MIND I SHOOT ONLY FACTORY AMMO.I AM STILL WORKING ON MY OWN AMMO.I WILL GIVE YOU A OTHER RANGE REPORT WITH MY OWN AMMO.IT'S GOING TO TAKE ONLY FEW WEEK'S BECAUSE I HAVE EVERYTHING BUT NOT POWDER.I LIKE TO SEE ALL MY SHOT UNDER HALF INCH. AT 100 YARDS.

This is for my friend, CKkalyan, Hi CK, i finsh my range report , but i like to tell you by the time i finsh this report i have a couple of drink Crown Royal.this is for you :cheers: :cheers:

Thank's
Baljit

Last edited by Baljit on Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:33 am

Bloody Ceasar (1).JPG
Hi Baljit,

Finally you got the chance to try out your much awaited, super-sniper rifle. Awesome report...well done! :D

I'll revert with more comments when I am finished going through your entire report. You seem to have taken a lot of effort and time putting all this together. Enjoy your Crown Royal in the meanwhile - while I see if I can rustle up a Spicy Caesar :lol:

Finally made - it yummy!

:cheers:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:58 pm

Nice range report,Baljit. Thanks for taking the time out to write it. That comparison of 30-06 and .300 Win Mag was cool. Tell us what you shoot at 500 yards with this rifle. :cheers:

BTW, Did anyone notice the offer in one of the pics? Buy a motorcycle or an ATV, get the rifle club membership free. :D .How cool is that!

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:49 pm

Image :oops:

That's nothing , last year I shoot SIX bullets through ONE hole at TWO miles with EYES closed and while Jumping from FOURTH floor in middle of the night with my GRANDFATHER'S rifle :roll: - Haji
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Sukhraj Pannu
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Sukhraj Pannu » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:21 pm

Hammerhead wrote:[ Image ] :oops:

That's nothing , last year I shoot SIX bullets through ONE hole at TWO miles with EYES closed and while Jumping from FOURTH floor in middle of the night with my GRANDFATHER'S rifle :roll: - Haji
i too did that last night in my dream, the only difference was instead of a rifle i used a slingshot........ ROTFL
Cowards die a thousand deaths. The valiant taste of death but once.

prashantsingh

Post by prashantsingh » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:57 pm

Wow Baljit. Great shooting.
Just saw a Black Bear put up a poster in the jungles of British Columbia.
"Beware of Baljit. He's now got a New Gun"
:cheers: :cheers:

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:18 am

Really sweet rifle buddy, congratulations! Look forward to seeing how she does with your handloads :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein