Wolves Hunted This Season

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
357 S&W
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Wolves Hunted This Season

Post by 357 S&W » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:58 am

Friends,
Since not much activity is going on in this section, I thought I would light it up a bit; I do not claim this to be true or real as I have not hunted these....I got it from one of my friend's so here I am sharing it with more friends.....

Date: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 1:02 PM

Just a few of the wolves killed this year so far during wolf season.

Wish I could show you a few hundred more pictures. It is just amazing how big they are. They are deer, elk, and livestock killing machines. The big question you have to ask yourself is why? These massive wolves are not the native wolf that lived in our area 100 years ago. There was a reason these things where exterminated nationwide. They sure do look cuddly and cute.
I wonder if our city dwelling tree huger society that never has left a city really understands the impact of these killing machines. I wonder if a Tyrannosaurus-Rex was somewhere to be had, that they would want to put them back in the wild too.

It’s just a matter of time before one of our granola loving green peace hikers goes out on a hike and runs into a pack of these killers and becomes part of the food chain. If you are going into the Blues, Cascades, or up above Spokane hiking, game scouting, mushroom hunting, or for something else you better start carrying a side arm. Can you even imagine being out by yourself and having 8 to 12 of these monsters surround you! Think about what kind of appetite a dozen of these must have and remember they are the only predator in our nation that kills for fun along with for food. The amount of animals they take are just a partial portion of what they need to eat. When elk are calving they will kill the calves just for fun after they have had all they can eat and then leave the rest to rot. Scroll down
Wol1.jpg
Wol2.jpg
Wol3.jpg
Wol4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stress is the stimulant for Creativity

For Advertising mail webmaster
prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Re: Wolves Hunted This Season

Post by prashantsingh » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:22 am

Massive.
Wolves the size of St Bernards (probably bigger).

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:49 am

Think about what kind of appetite a dozen of these must have and remember they are the only predator in our nation that kills for fun along with for food. The amount of animals they take are just a partial portion of what they need to eat.
They are not the only ones who kill for fun mate, the pictures of the guy holding the dead wolves is an example of the other more dangerous predator who fits your bill. :)
Best Regards and meanin no offense.

mercury
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by mercury » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:01 am

lived and worked in a buffer forest zone for quite a bit. never saw kills taken out for fun by predators.

yes elephants/ deer raiding crop field; leapords taking down dogs. no fun there. we have played havoc with their food chain and paying the price.
Throw me to the wolves....I will return leading the pack.

Biren
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Biren » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:33 am

too big to be real... look at the size.. Must be more then 100 kgs.. and now look at the guys holding those and the smile on their faces.. makes me wonder... why strain from supporting those huge creatures is not reflecting.. specially guy in fifth pic has almost lifted the wolf.

Cheers
Biren

Rajat
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Rajat » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:36 pm

Date: 18th June 2009

http://www.huntandtell.com/tag/wolf/

Date: 18th July 2009

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=48318

and

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005139271

and

http://www.gohuntn.com/ned/reports/1903 ... -is-a-hoax

and

http://www.thewildlifenews.com/2011/12/ ... otography/

and

Wolves weighing over 54 kg (120 lbs) are uncommon. The heaviest recorded gray wolf in North America was killed on 70 Mile River in east-central Alaska on July 12, 1939 and weighed 79.4 kilograms (175 lb),[49] while the heaviest recorded wolf in Eurasia was killed after World War II in the Kobelyakski Area of the Poltavskij Region, Ukrainian SSR, and weighed 86 kilograms (190 lb).[50] Source: Wikipedia

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:33 am

Regardless of what anyone says, those are huge wolves.
I'd hate to meet up with them in the wild.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Amit357
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Amit357 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:46 pm

hvj1 wrote:
Think about what kind of appetite a dozen of these must have and remember they are the only predator in our nation that kills for fun along with for food. The amount of animals they take are just a partial portion of what they need to eat.
They are not the only ones who kill for fun mate, the pictures of the guy holding the dead wolves is an example of the other more dangerous predator who fits your bill. :)
Best Regards and meanin no offense.
+ 1 "Hemant",this is a typical American "Sportsman" ans to the so called "Wolf Problem",painting the Wolf as an evil invader of paradise { Remember RED RIDING HOOD}, the wolf's were there much before Columbus, and have the right to live as much as the rest.Best Amit

gladiatorgarg
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by gladiatorgarg » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:11 pm

no offence to any one in this forum or any where else infact its the human race which is the biggest carnivorous race/creed on earth and we only kill for fun/entertainment and breed for the same reasons as well without realising the implications :twisted:

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:39 pm

To all those who are against this,a question,

Would you like them in your backyard?

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:58 am

The thing that gets me about this is the pejorative language: "They are deer, elk, and livestock killing machines."

Well, such a discovery! Millions of years of evolution might just have something to do with our "savant's" big find. Evidently, he has never watched a common house cat or a corn snake stalk and kill a mouse. They, too, qualify for honed and perfected "killing machines," just like lions, tigers, great white sharks, and all the rest of the predators. Those that cannot compete have died off long ago.

The fact is, as wolves have been reintroduced to the USA in both Glacier and Yellowstone National Parks, they have served to make the ecosystems of these areas work again. For instance, in Yellowstone, when the elk and buffalo populations grow beyond the capacity of the Park to sustain them, the herds are driven out of the Park and special hunting tags are drawn to thin down the populations to a healthy, sustainable level. So, rather than the wolves, this system does what? It simply substitutes one "killing machine" for another.

By the way, there are also grizzly bears on the loose in the Western USA. They are also fearsome killers -- are they to be eradicated for being guilty of being "killing machines" as well, or because they might make a trail hike a less pleasant experience than a walk in the park? (Of course, a walk in the park might expose one to the all time greatest "killing machine!)

Another fascinating balance that occurs in the USA is the balance between wolves and moose in Isle Royale National Park, which is a large island in Lake Superior. Again, rather than the moose growing to the point where starvation controls the population and the environment suffers from their over-grazing, wolves keep the moose at a sustainable level and cull the unfit and unhealthy from the herds.

Whether or not wolves grow this big, the pictures appear to me to be fake. These grinning guys do not look like people holding 200+ lbs wolves to me at all.

As far as "you will have to carry a gun on the trail!", big deal. I carry on the trail myself, except in Yellowstone, and I have yet to hear of a wolf pack killing a human in Yellowstone in modern history. Sounds like a lot of scare tactics, rubbish, and bunkum to me.

I have long had a fantasy, one I've had since we lived for 2 1/2 years in New Jersey. New Jersey is a very anti-gun and anti-hunting state. Once, in the newspaper, a women being interviewed while a local trap club was shooting referred to "the criminals practicing next door." New Jersey has a TERRIBLE problem with deer and also with deer ticks, which carries Lyme's Disease. This is a very nasty disease that costs a tremendous amount for drugs to remain alive in great pain, if not caught early. But, of course, hunting to New Jerseyans is unthinkable as a means of population control.

When we lived there, there were a great many road kills of deer -- usually one or more per mile of highway -- and the deer would come right up in the yards of houses and gobble up small trees, flower beds, or anything they could eat. They were simply starving to death.

Some bright bulb proposed giving them birth control. This immediately suggested a program where these fruit cakes would go out in the woods and try to fit condoms on the bucks -- I wouldn't put it past those kooks to try it, either, such is their rabid anti-hunting stance.

But, I have another solution. Out in the Great Plains of the USA on the highways, it is common to see huge double decker semi trucks hauling cattle to market. One doesn't want to follow these trucks too closely or drive beside them for long, or one's car will surely be splattered with a large, fresh cow pie.

I would like to get a couple of these trucks and fill them to capacity with coyotes, drive the trucks to New Jersey, and turn them loose. I'll bet that within a year or two, the deer population would be on the road to recovery. There also wouldn't be a poodle in the state, and even feral house cats would be rare. It wouldn't matter whether one was talking country or city, since coyotes are quite capable of thriving in the city as well as the wilds.

I would like to see how long those kooks would hold out against doing something about the population of coyotes! That picture is highly amusing to me.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

gladiatorgarg
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by gladiatorgarg » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:59 pm

winnie please no offence actually its us who are in their backyard :D

arjun401
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by arjun401 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:58 pm

Great Specimens ! need to be preserved but killing a few might not disturb the balance.
Though i believe that no one wants to see a large wild intimidating animal in his backyard but an occassional sighting around human settlement may not be alarming moreover, a walk or trek in the wild would not be the same if there is no chance of a wild encounter.
my experience of wild carnivores in India says that they try their best to avoid us unless ofcourse we are caught on the wrong foot i.e. between them and their young ones or near their dwelling, mating etc
Yes we need to take some precautions if an area is inhabited by them especially regarding protection of kids if wolves or Hyenas frequent a human settlement.
On the other hand it is very frustrating to roam in jungles without a sight of a predator for days when in the past great carnivores were found in great numbers in the same places by hunters like Jim Corbett.

I dont understand the logic behind these photos . . killing them from a distance n after they are dead, lifting them against the body.

Arjun401

Yaj
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Yaj » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:15 pm

Great post Timmy! +1
Regards,
Yaj.
The more people I meet,the more i like my dog!

gypsy
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gypsy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:17 pm

Demonizing something before you hunt it down to kill I guess is the oldest human trick. So how many people did they threaten before they were given this tragic end! And its unfortunate that these were killed just for fun unlike Deer hunting!