Deposit arms at police stations: DC

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
warthog
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Deposit arms at police stations: DC

Post by warthog » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:54 am

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/depos ... dc/895796/

Despite repeated reminders, about 7,000 people possessing arms have failed to deposit them with the police stations concerned till date. Today, Ludhiana District Magistrate cum District Election Officer Rahul Tiwari issued a public notice as per the instructions of Election Commission of India and asked them to get their arms deposited immediately.

The DC had set January 5 as the deadline to the police to get the arms deposited. It needs to be mentioned that as per the list, about 27,000 people have arms in the entire district and 17,000 were told to get them deposited. However till date only 10,000 done the same. The DC said, “Screening committees were to be formed for identification of persons possessing arms, which are yet to be deposited during the period of election. Ludhiana Commissioner of Police, SSP Khanna and SSP Ludhiana (Rural) have prepared lists of such persons which have been approved by the screening committee. The remaining persons have to be told to get the arms deposited soon.”

Is this legal?I read somewhre that high court made this provision unconstitutional.by the way is this provision included in the arms act?

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Deposit arms at police stations: DC

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:40 pm

These orders appear illegal. May read this for detailed understanding http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 92#p158088
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992