Which is better - Beretta / Walther PPK / Mauser HSC

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
kushalchaudhary
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Which is better - Beretta / Walther PPK / Mauser HSC

Post by kushalchaudhary » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:21 pm

Dear All

Kindly suggest me which pistol amon Beretta, Walther PPK or Mauser HSC is better. Or is there any other pistol better than this. I already own a Llama .32 which I want to replace.

For Advertising mail webmaster
hks2056
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Which is better - Beretta / Walther PPK / Mauser HSC

Post by hks2056 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:58 pm

Walther PP or PPK is the best of the three. Good many of them were imported upto 1988. It is quite possible that you can get one almost unused.They came with one spare magazine.I consider it to be a gold standard for a small pocket pistol. Being double action you can safely carry it loaded with hammer down.In emergency all you have to do is to press the trigger to fire it.From hammer down position the trigger pull is as heavy as that of a revolver.Goodluck with your search.

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:31 pm

My order of preference from personal experience...

1) Beretta (if from 30 or 70 series) .... reason : all steel and rugged construction.... handles all ammo..almost no ejection problem.... But no double action... Series 80 pistols with DA trigger mostly have alloy bodies...
2) Mauser HSc.... reason : all steel.. great German design but positioning of springs that make the DA work makes it difficult for most Indian gunsmiths to repair/ replace trigger, hammer and sear springs.
3) Walther ... reason : superb looks, the 007 factor but cannot take rough use, the safety/decocker on slide is prone to breakage after prolonged use.... original lettering and etching on slide wears of faster than other weapons if holster carried regularly...

But as we all know..... Every man must make his own choice...

Hope that helps

TC

ankit.arora
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ankit.arora » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:22 pm

if you want single action pistols thn bretta is best. all steel body and and smooth firing....if you want double action pistol and money is not issue for you than you can buy walther pp or ppk etc, it will cost you 13 lac mauser hsc is also good pistol but mechanism of mauser not good as walther, its ejecter is not good. but it is cheap than walther, it will cost you around 7 lac

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:28 am

friend,
i own a beretta.32 1934 model(1952 make) and i always wanted a llama as it is a 1911 style.i don't like the look of walther and mauser.
anyhow,beretta is the simplest of all the 3guns you mentioned; easy to operate,very few parts and easy to dissassemble and reassemble.
you said walther is good as it is a double action,so is the risk of anyone using it without knowledge of guns.you must have seen most people, as soon as they pick up the gun ,first thing they do is pull the trigger and look inside the barrel.so a single action beretta is much safer.for the first shot you have to use the slide to load,which many would not know how to do without training.
llama is a good looking weapon,i didn't have an oppurtunity to fire more than a bullet.can you let me know the performance?
regards

kushalchaudhary
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kushalchaudhary » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:35 pm

No doubt Llama is good looking, but sometimes it jams with Indian Ammo.

hdn
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by hdn » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:00 pm

All are good buy anyone

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:47 pm

if you want one for sexy looks ppk

if you want a working then Mauser or breatta
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

msbabbar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by msbabbar » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:06 pm

in indian scenario beggars are never choosers
illama is good antique....what ever u'll get here in india will be odd quarter of a century old ATLEAST.......

YogiBear
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by YogiBear » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:42 am

Aloha,

No experience with the Mauser.

I teach Basic Handguns here in Hawaii for people who want to own a handgun.

I usually use a Beretta Model 86 with tip up barrel. Blow back in cal 380.

Also own, Colt Mustang, Beretta Model 70S, Walther PPK/s, Beretta 86.

Wife has a Beretta 84 , Sig 239(I think) and Bersa Thunder 380.

Best easy shooter of them all is the Beretta M-86, then the 84, Colt Mustang and Beretta 70s last.

The Bersa, Walther and Sig are barky and snappy shooters. All are hard on the web of the shooting hand.

The women in the gun classes like the Beretta 86 best to shoot.

If going to full size, the Beretta 92 in 9mm is popular with the ladies. Yes, the grips are large,

But, if the lady likes it, she will adapt to the gun and learn to shoot it well.

Whatever gun you get, make sure that you have a minimum of 3 Functioning magazines.

Naveen tomar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Naveen tomar » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:46 pm

Hi
I have a beretta 1935 .32. It is in a good condition, have kept it for more then 10 years. Now want to replace it with mauser hsc. Just for a change. Hoping its not a wrong decision of mine.

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:39 pm

I would list my preferences as-
1. HSC , all steel , solid reliable design and mechanism and double action .( I prefer a double action hence it comes above Beretta in my priority list)
2. Beretta ( what model are you looking at)
3. The Walther PPK jammamatic .
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

SARGE7402
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by SARGE7402 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:35 pm

First a double action weapon is safer to carry fully loaded - especially if carried in a pocket holster. Second the single action may shoot better since the shooter doesn't have to transition from a 18 pound DA pull to a 6 pound SA pull. Third both the Beretta and Mauser are out of production. The Walther PPK is still in production both in Germany and the USofA. Fourth back in the 70's when both the Walther and Mauser were in production I think shooting times did an endurance test on them and the Astra Constable to see which would stand up to extended use. If my memory serves me correctly the Walther came out ahead with no parts breakage. Lastly with regards to jamming, I've had several Walthers in all three calibers not to mention the Hungarian Clones (FEG) (add the 9MM Makarov) and none were prone to jamming. Course we have a bit more selection when It comes to ammo so I'm not going to try and guess how your ammo situation is in India. Tonight I put over 50 rounds thru my PPK and SMC .22's and there were no jamming issues. Shot the new stainless .380 about a week ago and 21 rounds and no jamming.

As to gouging the web of my hand, I've got pretty good sized paws and no blood channels
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

Army
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Army » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:14 am

To bad India doesn’t have hk or hi power 1911s love then I’m going to come back to India this summer get my fathers firearms on my name. And I would go with the beretta best of luck from Usa