MAKAROV 9 X 18mm

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Himachal
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

MAKAROV 9 X 18mm

Post by Himachal » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:34 pm

My friends I want to know that the Makarov 9 x 18 ( Russian) are the NPB or PB.kindly tell me the price of Makarov in india. I read that the india also made the Makarov pistol locialy. Kindly tell me which country model of makarov are available in india and its bullets cost also. Are the bullet of Makarov easily available in India

For Advertising mail webmaster
cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Re: MAKAROV 9 X 18mm

Post by cottage cheese » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:18 pm

Himachal wrote:My friends I want to know that the Makarov 9 x 18 ( Russian) are the NPB or PB.kindly tell me the price of Makarov in india. I read that the india also made the Makarov pistol locialy. Kindly tell me which country model of makarov are available in india and its bullets cost also. Are the bullet of Makarov easily available in India

You've been generally listening to a lot of nonsense.....
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:27 pm

NPB.I have no idea about the price.Sorry.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

thebrowningeffect
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by thebrowningeffect » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:33 am

Himachal wrote:My friends I want to know that the Makarov 9 x 18 ( Russian) are the NPB or PB.kindly tell me the price of Makarov in india. I read that the india also made the Makarov pistol locialy. Kindly tell me which country model of makarov are available in india and its bullets cost also. Are the bullet of Makarov easily available in India
9x18 is a NPB. You are wrongly informed about pistol being locally made in India. As far as I know Russia, Bulgaria, Germany and China were the manufacturers of this pistol.
”An armed society is a polite society.”
~Robert Heinlein~

Himachal
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Himachal » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:29 pm

cottage cheese wrote:

my dear friend what is the nonsense in it. if you thin so please do not visit my post again

Himachal
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Himachal » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:33 pm

thebrowningeffect wrote:
9x18 is a NPB. You are wrongly informed about pistol being locally made in India. As far as I know Russia, Bulgaria, Germany and China were the manufacturers of this pistol.
Thanks friend. I also know that Russia Bulgaria, germany and china are the manafacture. Its possible that my info are wrong.Some body tell me about it. okey thanks once again

Himachal
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Himachal » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:35 pm

Himachal wrote:
cottage cheese wrote:

my dear friend what is the nonsense in it. if you thik so please do not visit my post again

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:46 pm

Himachal wrote:my dear friend what is the nonsense in it. if you thik so please do not visit my post again
[/quote]

Himachal,

You need not take it personally.He was telling you that someone else is telling you nonsense which in this case happens to be about Makarov pistols being made in India. So that you do not get cheated by someone in case you are in the market to buy one. CC is more knowledgeable than most of us here and an ever helpful bloke.Hope that clears up for you.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Himachal
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Himachal » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:56 pm

okey my friend. it clears. some times misunderstanding are happen

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:17 pm

Sorry Himachal bahi.... didn't mean to take a dig at you.

what I meant was what vikram explained. Thanks vickers!! (Been out of the loop and nice to be back again)

The Makarov in its original bore (9x18mm Makarov) is pretty uncommon this part of the world. Ammunition availability being the biggest problem. That being said, there are indeed a handful floating around by way of military allotments from confiscated/captured inventory or maal-khana auctions. Dead investment in most cases.

The Makarov is available in .380 as well (somewhat close cartridge dimensions and ballistics) but I've not seen any and it'll be a very expensive affair to keep it well fed.

regards,
cc
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

thebrowningeffect
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by thebrowningeffect » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:41 pm

Thanks friend. I also know that Russia Bulgaria, germany and china are the manufacturer. Its possible that my info are wrong.Some body tell me about it. okey thanks once again
You are welcome. :cheers:
”An armed society is a polite society.”
~Robert Heinlein~

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:18 pm

Gentlemen,

I love it when all of us get together....and 'absorb' the stuff that is not so well known - asked of us, but we perceive the Q's not so well put, we sort of guess where the newbie is coming from, looking for knowledge..and yet we still give out GYAN with a hug - with open hearts, freely....this is what I love about IFG! :D

Keep up the good work guys! Gurus - I am a life long admirer for your patience and understanding and the way you respond to queries with such compassion! Appreciations! :cheers:

PS: Say Cheese - CC :lol: Love your style, buddy!
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

spinx
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by spinx » Mon May 26, 2014 3:48 pm

Makarov 9x18 are availble in india with the defence ... They were the standard sidearm issued to pilots in the airforce. The pistols had been brought from russia but the ammo was indian.. They have been replaced by glock 26 9mm para(9x19).. But the makarovs are still kept as a standby weapon.. Havent seen any with civilians though .. So cant comment on the price and ammo availbility..