indian shotguns for export to uk

Posts related to shotguns.
ukshot
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

indian shotguns for export to uk

Post by ukshot » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:31 am

Hi there fellow shooters ... i am in england and looking for a traditional 12g sxs to import to the uk ... any advice on indian built guns would be greatly welcome and any guideline prices would be good ... if anyone knows a dealer in punjab they have used a contact number would also be helpfull .... cheers in advance.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: indian shotguns for export to uk

Post by Vikram » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:02 am

Welcome to IFG. You wish to import Indian made guns into UK? Could you please share with us why?

At the moment any gun for which ammunition is made in India cannot be exported.12 bore ammo happens to be indigenously made.So, exporting 12 bore guns is out of question as far as I know. If you are a bit more elaborate in your requirements, that would help.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

ukshot
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ukshot » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:16 am

hi vikram my family is from punjab so its only fitting my gun cabinet has a gun with origins from back home in india ... no other reason i have other shotties for rough and clays.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:14 am

if you know anything about indian guns then it will be better to leave the gun cabinet empty as they are not wroth the money. in look or otherwise
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:41 am

nagarifle wrote:if you know anything about indian guns then it will be better to leave the gun cabinet empty as they are not wroth the money. in look or otherwise
:agree:

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:44 am

I agree with nagarifle.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

hks2056
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hks2056 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:25 pm

Best way to settle scores with anyone is to present him an India made gun and a Doberman pup.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:20 pm

What's wrong with Doberman? It is an excellent guard dog if properly trained.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:48 pm

ukshot wrote:hi vikram my family is from punjab so its only fitting my gun cabinet has a gun with origins from back home in india ... no other reason i have other shotties for rough and clays.
That makes sense why you want one.The regular SXSs or O/Us are nearly worthless and safely considered to be junk compared to what you get in UK. The IOF guns are said to be better. But, I have not seen one and none of them can be exported.

However, there are some muzzle-loaders manufactured,said to be of good quality, especially in Rajastan that can be exported. If you go through the dealers section, you will find them.

If you do not mind me asking, where are you from in UK? We do have a few members from UK.

Best-
Vikram

ukshot
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ukshot » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:58 pm

hey vikram .. i am from england and i did not want a gun to shoot its just i want one,i ride a yamaha r1 but own a royal enfield i drive a range rover but also own a mahindra brave ...i shoot berretta s and brownings but want a indian gun .. the gun might not be the best but the story of where it is from aligned to my families history will be priceless .. i am one of those people who doesnt always do things because its the best way ... emotions outway finances in my mind ... some of the attention to detail on your posts reminds me of the the emotion you guys have for guns ... so i need a indian gun in the cabinet ... i ll get one i just need to know the better ones from the bad.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:55 pm

Hi,

As I told you in my earlier posts, any gun for which ammunition is made in India cannot be exported.That excludes 12 bores and possibly 16 bores.I doubt if any Indian gun maker produces a 20 or 28 bore gun in India.If you are looking for a shotgun or rifle imported from elsewhere but has a bit of history behind it in India like having been used by a so and so,you may get lucky.

But,if it must be an Indian made gun, then I think the muzzle loaders from Rajastan are your best bet. Good luck.

Best-
Vikram

ukshot
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ukshot » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:18 am

i have a family contact who can export the gun i just need to know some of the better makers please . . punjab side would be a bit easier

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:11 am

ukshot wrote:i have a family contact who can export the gun i just need to know some of the better makers please . . punjab side would be a bit easier
ukshot

Folks have advised the crux of the rule that bans exporting of sxs guns and then issues with quality ..
You can still have your contacts follow up to export guns and do post about the process. Its known all are not treated equal in India so good luck

Cheers

hks2056
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hks2056 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:17 pm

"What's wrong with Doberman? It is an excellent guard dog if properly trained."

Doberman male dog continues to evolve and becomes mentally mature after reaching 4 years of age. Other breeds such as German Shepherd and Labrador acquire mental maturity after completing one year of age. Very few people have four years patience as dog owner. If any one does not believe what I am saying as correct the he can start with raising a Doberman pup and see for himself the results after one year. So if any body wishes to get even with anyone then gift that person a Doberman pup.Imagine the stress, anguish and hurt that a deviant, errant and immature adult dog can cause to its owner. I have tried it on couple of occasions with great success.

rcdoma
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rcdoma » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:59 pm

hks2056 wrote:I have tried it on couple of occasions with great success.
ROTFL