Extension of Area of Validity

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Extension of Area of Validity

Post by inplainsight » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:53 pm

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding the procedures followed for Extending the Area of Validity of an arms license.

I will be sending an application to have the following states endorsed

1. Uttar Pradesh: I own property here and have my business registered here.
2. Haryana: I own property in Gurgaon and travel to the state often. (Being part of NCR...)
3. Punjab: I don't have any connection to the state, except for the fact that my wife's family is from there and we travel there quite often.

So my questions are, (keep in mind the MHA notification)

a. What documentation should I attach for Punjab?
b. The notification clearly says that you can have a maximum of three 'adjoining' states endorsed. Does that mean adjoining to my home state?

Regards,
Kandarp

PS. I'm well aware of the fact that the MHA policy is unconstitutional. I will give them hell to get an All India endorsement, but can't afford to take them on right now since I need to get these states endorsed ASAP.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Extension of Area of Validity

Post by Anand » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:01 am

Yes, I guess it would mean adjoining your state.

Just in case, please check with a lawyer whether your legal position becomes any weaker, if now you accept 3 adjoining states, and then choose to fight for All India validity at a later date.

I imagine there may be some clause/ statute that precludes you from fighting for a variation on your license ( in this case area validity extension) once it has been accepted in the beginning( whether constitutional or not, these things can come back to bite you in the @55. ;-) ) Best not to fall through the cracks in the system!
Regards,
Anand

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Extension of Area of Validity

Post by inplainsight » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:12 am

Anand,

Thanks for your reply. What you say makes sense. I guess I'm going to ask for UP and Haryana first, and the fight it if they refuse Punjab.

BTW the MHA notification does allow you to change the states endorsed on you license, as long as you don't cross three.

Thanks,
Kandarp