Self Defence!!!! Are you capable???

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
ankur_ank007

Self Defence!!!! Are you capable???

Post by ankur_ank007 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:54 am

HI friends,

I was just browsing internet today and read this horrific news. I think now is the time when people of India should start taking RKBA and Self Defence seriously.

http://m.thehindu.com/news/cities/banga ... 63835.ece/

For Advertising mail webmaster
Armed Defence
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Self Defence!!!! Are you capable???

Post by Armed Defence » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:47 am

Very shocking news. We had a similar incident here a few months ago. Self defence is the natural right of every person. But unfortunately, majority of our people- at least in urban areas pakistan - are not ready to understand this thing. Even after going through the worst of things, people are still saying that security is the responsibility of the state and that weapons in the hands of civilians would lead to anarchy. I have a pistol and a shotgun at home and I would have no qualms in shooting an armed intruder

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:55 am

Hi Armed Defence,

I understand, but in Pakistan at least you have a bit liberal laws. However in India the law is so strict for applicants of an AL that it seems that our government doesn't wants us to protect ourselves. Authorities ask for "Immediate reason/threat" to grant AL. All the crime in the society is a reason in itself. Herewith find the attached snapshot from today's newspaper "Times of India, 23rd January 2015".

Do we need any other reasons????

Regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:41 am

That a shocking news but its a need of present that one should be capable to be able to use the self defence techniques to safeguard from the odd ones.
I suggest that one can also use some self defence tool for this purpose.
Keep knives in your pocket and pray that you will never need it

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:21 pm

harshit89 wrote:That a shocking news but its a need of present that one should be capable to be able to use the self defence techniques to safeguard from the odd ones.
Hi,

Self defence tools like Nunchaku against 5.56mm or a Kirpan against 7.62mm......!!!

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:19 am

ankur_ank007 wrote:
harshit89 wrote:That a shocking news but its a need of present that one should be capable to be able to use the self defence techniques to safeguard from the odd ones.
Hi,

Self defence tools like Nunchaku against 5.56mm or a Kirpan against 7.62mm......!!!
Hi,

I prefer to keep the best foldable knife of gerber which I believe is the best survival knife for everyday carry to outdoors.
Keep knives in your pocket and pray that you will never need it

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:45 am

there seems too many gang rapes recently?so bad.what can RKBA do?
regards

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:22 am

dr.jayakumar wrote:there seems too many gang rapes recently?so bad.what can RKBA do?
regards
IMHO, Women can carry weapon with them if RKBA is well established in the country also, in cases where Gangs simply breaks into the house or abduct women from their premises on gun point can be controlled.

James_Bond
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by James_Bond » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:13 pm

ankur_ank007 wrote:
dr.jayakumar wrote:there seems too many gang rapes recently?so bad.what can RKBA do?
regards
IMHO, Women can carry weapon with them if RKBA is well established in the country also, in cases where Gangs simply breaks into the house or abduct women from their premises on gun point can be controlled.
Women and men both are in danger. RKBA is must
With Regards
CODE NAME BOND, JAMES BOND LICENSE TO RKBA

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:32 am

James_Bond wrote:
ankur_ank007 wrote:
regards
Women and men both are in danger. RKBA is must
lets hope for a better RKBA
regards
dr.jk

AKYOGI
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by AKYOGI » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:56 am

I went through the above posts. I am shocked- reading the reports of the crimes. I appreciate all of those expressed their concerns regarding the personal security of our fellow humans. Nevertheless I do disagree with some of the solutions/suggestions offered in those posts.

Arms license? We, here in India, are still governed by the British colonial rules/laws. These laws were introduced by the occupying colonial forces to safe guard THEIR interests. Disarming the Indians means protection to the British. Unfortunately the Desi governments that came after the British blindly followed the footsteps of the British. No wonder it is impossible-at least for most of the common citizens to own a firearm. A fire arm is a force equalizer/multiplier and any advantage a gang/rapist/thug/burgler has in terms of physical strength/numbers/weapons gets neutralized by the would be victim's possession and the ability to use a firearm. This is the exact reason why the colonial forces wanted to prevent Indians from owning a firearm. And the Babus who ruled/rules India wants the same. They want to keep their superior strength. They, the Babus can always get the protection that they need, even though they do not deserve it(most of them do not) so why should they nurture any concern about the personal security or lack of it of the others? More than this, an armed citizen will become a threat to a Babu, now or in future. So let us forget about we the common man/women getting a license to own a firearm.

We cannot and should not allow ourselves and our loved ones to become victims of bullying/rape/murder or any other crime that may be perpetrated by the psychopaths that roam our society. My humble opinion is that we all should develop and become strong- physically, athletically, psychologically and spiritually. We should get rid of the perverted interpretation of Ahimsa as non violence. Ahimsa is NOT non violence. It is the ability to prevent violence in every form and the ability to unleash EXTREME levels of VIOLENCE if and when needed so to protect Dharma (righteousness). Unless we are prepared in these fashion, unless we are prepared to sift right from wrong, unless we are prepared to stand up for ourselves and our loved ones, unless we are prepared to get rid of the shit that has been stuffed onto our brains as non violence, nothing will be able to protect us from a psychopath, burglar, thug, rapist or whatever name you give to the antisocial element.

Forget about the government. Forget about about the legal system. Government is not concerned about the single individual. Legal system needs and relies on hard evidence(very easy to create and manipulate. The recent letting off of a murderer in a notorious rape/murder in Kerala from the noose.) Let us rely on ourselves. Let us develop our mental set up and physical skills to the best that is possible as per our genetic potentials. Let us formulate measures to create evidence for our needs and thus our action for self defense so that we will be able to defend ourselves in a court of law, should such a need ever arises.

A few weeks back I read a report about a gentle man Officer in Kerala, suggesting that all women should carry a knife for personal protection. Good idea. But how many girls/women are prepared to draw the knife and slash the neck or split the heart of an offender with that knife? If one has a hand gun is he or she is capable of drawing and firing before getting maimed or killed by the attacker? No not many. So it all boils down to the psychological training and the developing of the skills for the expert use of the weapons one may possess.

I have a small group - microscopically small group who I train in self defense and martial science. I have some experience in these subjects, learning and teaching some 40+ years. Oh! This post is not an advertisement of myself. I do not teach for commercial purpose. And I do not have any intention/need to use this forum to promote myself. Only want to share some of my ideas/opinions/suggestion.

Thank you

Venki

Arjun .300 savage
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Arjun .300 savage » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:11 pm

Gang rape occur in India because there is no severe punishment for rape .A person has to fight for justice in the court and date after date pass and there is no justice.As in other countries there is no rethinking ,if a person is guilty for rape there is only death penalty.