0.22 v/s 0.38

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:40 pm

Mash, You gun owners in Pakistan are a privileged lot.Been reading up on other forums too about ownable guns and the legal hunting in Pakistan .Good show and my compliments. Is the 30 carbine Blackhawk posted above, in Pakistan?
Any experience in shooting it? recoil,accuracy, penetration?
CC- Dunno about the book-saw it in some bookshop and browsed a while, hope you like your cheese being moved! ;)

Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

For Advertising mail webmaster
mashh1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: 0.22 v/s 0.38

Post by mashh1 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:06 pm

Hi Eljefe, i have previously mentioned about the state of happiness i felt about gun ownership and laws in my country after knowing yours through IFG. regarding that Ruger i have downloaded that photo from web and i dont have any experience with this. i have a 30 calibre handgun but that is CZ52 (7.62x25) which i reparkerized at home on this weekend with home perkerizing methods describe on web. Well i can certainly discuss that gun but that is another issue. Eljefe how is hunting situation on ur side, i mean availibilty and laws both. i know its a very open ended question regarding the diversity of wildlife available on ur side but a general review might help.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:25 pm

mashh1";p="23867 wrote: Eljefe how is hunting situation on ur side, i mean availibilty and laws both. i know its a very open ended question regarding the diversity of wildlife available on ur side but a general review might help.

No hunting this side buddy apart from very small Neelgai (Blue bull) and wild boar on crop protection permit of some sort.

You guys are lucky...

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:53 pm

Thanks for such a feedback.. very informative. the 0.38 i am talking about is about 2 cms (could be a 19 mm) in length. So i donno if its kirkee factory or imported one.. cause the 0.22 were imported rounds.

the 0.30 were much longer (almost 3 .5 cms). i will measure it the next time i get a chance to see them. (if i get one that is).

i recollect using a single shot bolt action 0.22 rifle when i was youger and can never forget the ZERO RECOIL... it had a very good range too. we could shoot oranges at 40 yards or so.. hand guns i believe have much lesser rage..missed papayas from 10-12 yards..... is it only the barrel length that makes the differnce. ??

BTW I have seen the BSA with a tubular catrige loading around 14-15 nos of 0.22s. it has a bolt action with the tubular catrige below the barrel. That too is a superb gun, owned by my father - in - law, but have not yet got a chance to try it out.
klick klack..... diskaon

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:16 pm

Father in law??? I would have sworn you werent older than 16 !! ;) atleast going by your pics!!
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:49 pm

thanks for the compliment Sir..... I am 28 yrs old and married for 1.5 yrs now.
klick klack..... diskaon

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:12 am

Be nice to him this guns is yours for taking hehe

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:25 pm

No sir i have competition.. brother in law.. now 22 yrs old.. and a good shot too.. NCC and all.. I am happy with my father's H&R SBBL and hopefully some day will be a proud owner of "MY OWN" gun.. read PB 0.38 (ok..ok lets get real.. 0.22 OFB revolver)
klick klack..... diskaon

neerajkaty
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by neerajkaty » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:22 pm

diskaon wrote:A few days back I got the chance to see some old ammo belonging to one of my friend's father.

First i saw the 0.30 carbine bullets.. they were sleek and long..

then i saw the 0.38. it was a little bigger..

then when i picked up a small box full of 0.22s i realised the might of the 0.38.. it was an eye opener. the 0.22s looked like tadpoles... hehehe sorry for the bad humour.

i was just imagining what damage can be done by a 0.38....... I now aspire for a PB 0.38 (high hopes some might say) even though i have no intentions to shoot at anyone with a 0.38..
here is a glimpse of my possession of 0.38 :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.