Punjab: Advice needed on purchase of over/under 12 bore Indian shortgun

Posts related to shotguns.
Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Punjab: Advice needed on purchase of over/under 12 bore Indian shortgun

Post by Ajaaybeer » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:59 pm

Suggestion is requested about purchase of over/under 12 bore gun of Indian make for recreational clay shooting non-professional.

Options from gun houses are
Rajput Gun Services VS Modern Gun Works
Price: Rs 40k (Rajput) AND Rs 50 k (Modern)
Barrel: 28 inch (Both Rajput & Modern)
Ejectors: Yes. (Rajput readily available ) And Modern ejector gun wait period 15 days on order.

Very vague info about problem with ejectors of modern is being passed. Ejector model is not readily available.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ajaaybeer on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a WELL-ARMED lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

For Advertising mail webmaster
sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Punjab: Advice needed on purchase of over/under 12 bore Indian shortgun

Post by sa_ali » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:45 pm

what is your objective, protection, then go for 22 inch. If its any to do with sport, you might be able to use 26inch in skeet at max

2nd hand you can search a lil bit on your own, you will find it in half the price, indian make shotguns, not resell at more than 15-20K and you will know what you are buying, unlike buying from gun house.

Lastly what ever you buy, insist on firing and checking, if possible even pattern it.

Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:44 pm

Although it might not be a very interesting topic but majority of gun ownership in Punjab is 12 bore i believe. The rifles being costlier are bought less as weapons of self defence.
So i wonder why there are no replies on this topic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a WELL-ARMED lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:20 am

sa_ali wrote:what is your objective, protection, then go for 22 inch. If its any to do with sport, you might be able to use 26inch in skeet at max

2nd hand you can search a lil bit on your own, you will find it in half the price, indian make shotguns, not resell at more than 15-20K and you will know what you are buying, unlike buying from gun house.

Lastly what ever you buy, insist on firing and checking, if possible even pattern it.
Remember your advice is valuable . I am still waiting for someone to share his experience or knowledge.
Enquired about Modern 28 inches over/under here in Punjab malwa region but its not readily available with ejectors and only vague info is being given. Asking price is 50k Rs for new.
OR
Other option being given is make Rajput Gun in 28 inches with ejectors for which asking price is Rs 40k for new .
If anyone has any experience or latest info , then kindly share.
My purpose of this shortgun is beginner level clay shooting. I am not ready to invest in imported gun at the moment.

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:58 am

why dont you drive down to Jammu and visit modern and Khairuddin, both are making O/U, you will get first hand experience. You will be able to try more than just 1 2 gun to may be 5-10. They will also do any small changes as per your size and fitting.

Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:57 am

sa_ali wrote:why dont you drive down to Jammu and visit modern and Khairuddin, both are making O/U, you will get first hand experience. You will be able to try more than just 1 2 gun to may be 5-10. They will also do any small changes as per your size and fitting.
I appreciate your suggestion but at times it might not be possible for every one of us to travel to factory site. I am well aware of the fact that you had a wonderful visit to Jammu for purchase of your khairuddin gun.
I also wish to appreciate again for sharing your detailed experience with fellow IFGians . Since that was in 2010 , it would be great if you could post your experience with the gun you purchased and also some pictures here.
A brief review about field trial would be great addition.

Thanking you
Ajaaybeer

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:46 pm

Since there was negligible interest shown by fellow members in this thread about sharing their ownership review. I am closing this thread with a positive note that i have purchased a over/ under gun Stallion STE of Bhargav Arms Co. Of Jammu.
I will try to share my review and pictures in a separate thread in future.
————————THE END———————-

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:27 am

looking fwd to your review of Bhargav O/U