Possibly Hartman und Weiss' only rival in making Mauser bolt

Posts related to rifles.
mehulkamdar

Possibly Hartman und Weiss' only rival in making Mauser bolt

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:00 am

Friends,

Since you enjoyed the Hartman und Weiss website, here is, possibly their only rival in making ultimate quality bolt action rifles from scratch in all calibres and configurations, Theo Jung.

There are other master gunmakers in Germany like Harry Baelder who make some magnificent big bore rifles, but Baelder uses the H&W action on his rifles, making him an associate of H&W and not a completely independent gunmaker like Jung.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Cheers!

Mehul

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Possibly Hartman und Weiss' only rival in making Mauser

Post by Vikram » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:58 pm

Great rifles, Mehul. Thanks again. I saw their rifles from an earlier post of yours.Any idea of their price range?

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:18 am

Vikram,

I haven't asked because I cannot afford neither Theo Jung's rifles nor Harry Baelder's. COnsidering that there is a used 500 Jeffery on Baelder's website for Euro 10,900, I would estimate that both these gunmakers would sell their rifles in base versions for about Euro 20,000. Expensive, but a discount compared to Hartman und Weiss.

Others like Karl-Heinz Ritterbusch and Reimer Johannsen would cost half as much as these two gunmakers.

Mehul

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:27 pm

Thanks Mehul. I don't have the "caash monies" either. But, I live in a fools paradise dreaming of owning one. Being single at the moment and never known to make practical decisions, I might just end up with one. Dreaming again.....Image.

Re pricing of the H et W pricing, this is what I received from the gentleman whose rifles' pictures I posted a while back.

"It is difficult to give you an exact price because it depends much on what you would like to have. In addition I know only the prices for Germany in Euros based on our VAT. This include no shipping and paperwork because I always collect my new rifle at their facility and test it in their basement. Further I do not know if they have a price list for outside Germany

So what I can give you is a baseline. A none detachable bolt action rifle with which fits into a standard action length without square bridges, open sights on a quarter rib, decent wood ( they have a high standard ), no scope mounts, original flag safety, Gold oval in stock, will cost in Germany 12000.-Euro.Engraving, Color case hardening, Winchester 70 safety and so on all adds up.Best to send them your wishlist for an enquiry".

Guess, a reasonably high-grade one may cost around ?18,000-?20,000.

Thanks again Mehul.

Best-
Vikram
Last edited by Vikram on Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:32 pm

Vikram,

If you plan to bring the rifle to India, do factor in the 150% import duty.

Take care,
penpusher

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:06 pm

Thanks, penpusher. I definitely intend to bring a rifle in 30/06 with me when I move back home permanently. What if the rifle I bring is secondhand( need not be old,heavily used etc, but in mint condition) and carries a much lower price than a new one? Any idea there? Thanks again.

Best-
Vikram

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:36 pm

Vikram,

The duty is on the actual price minus taxes.If you buy a second hand rifle, do remember to obtain a receipt/bill and retain it with you.The weapon should have been in your posession for minimum of a year preceeding your return to India.

Take care,
penpusher

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:27 pm

Thanks, penpusher. Duly noted.

Best-
Vikram

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:27 pm

Vikram,

Those must be old prices. I remember some member at AR posting about ordering a rifle from H&W for $ 27000 a few months ago. And I have seen the vastly less expensive Reimer Johannsen rifles here at $ 10,000, though US prices would be about 25 to 30% higher than in Europe, for European guns.

Also, for the board here - what is the recent regulation about increasing the number of guns that could be imported into India?

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:41 am

Mehul,

If you believe it, this info was emailed to me exactly on 19th of September,2005.

Re the two gun import, I read that it is a private number bill and yet to be passed by the parliament. My fingers are crossed. If it is passed, I will then get a 30/06 bolt rifle and a handgun,too. Dream on.....

Best-

Vikram

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:00 am

A handgun from U.K., Vikram? Not much of a choice there and probably more difficult to get one there than in India.

Mack The Knife

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:22 am

Mack The Knife,

The Beretta showroom had some very fine pistols on display that were meant for foreign markets. Since, it will be for India, I hope I will be able to get one for me.Of course, only if two guns are allowed to be imported where the one year ownership clause doesn't come into play.

Best-

Vikram

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:02 pm

Vikram,

Sorry to play the spoil sport .The Rules are that while allowing import of a firearm, it has to be ensured that the country from where the person bringing the firearm is coming ,allows the posession of a firearm. Mere ownership is not enough,it has to be in your posession.So you can't just buy a firearm,leave it with a dealer and bring it back with you later.

Take care,
penpusher

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:22 pm

Vikram";p="3046 wrote:The Beretta showroom had some very fine pistols on display that were meant for foreign markets.
Now that is a very interesting bit of news that I was unaware off.
Of course, only if two guns are allowed to be imported where the one year ownership clause doesn't come into play.
As far as I understand and I could be wrong, one year of possession is mandatory in the case of just one gun as well.

Whatever the technicalities, I hope you get what your heart desires but start the process asap.

Mack The Knife

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:37 pm

Gentlemen,

Some of the big London gunmakers hold guns for foreign clients who cannot possess guns in their native countries. I have posted here about a leading Indian industrialist whom I know who has guns with Holland and Holland. I know that Purdey are also planning on offering this very service and others may be as well. I have no idea whether this could be done with handguns in the UK, as British laws vary across the country. Some parts like the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands allow handgun ownership in principle though to what extent people actually own handguns there is something that I have no idea of. If the "two gun import" rule becomes law, it would be worth checking the legal possibilities as far as bringing back a rifle and a handgun to India is concerned.

Cheers!