Ruby .32 revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Ruby .32 revolver

Post by james » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:50 pm

Saw Ruby revolver 4inche barrel .32 in ok condiction ,revolver needs bluing,this is exactly looking like S&W copy, how good are these revolvers ,the quoted rate by dealer is 2 L. :?

For Advertising mail webmaster
Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Ruby .32 revolver

Post by Risala » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:45 pm

It's Spanish made by Llama,reviews arent the best.Used one sells for around $ 100 in the US.

Think they arent manufactured any more.

From the condition you describe,it seems to have been put to good use,but then in our parts anything

sells :wink:

Sanjay

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:23 am

hi james.i agree with sanjay.u can try to get arminius revolvers.they r far better than the ruby and u may get one around 1.5L.this is just a suggestion :) :) :)

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:39 am

The only good thing of the revolver is that it has a sexy name.....at 2L price tag and the condition u mention....simply don"t go near it.
Follow what Sanjay says ........and you would be thanking your stars that you did not follow the dealers advise.

AC

james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by james » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:13 pm

I am getting another option i.e colt pocket positive with two and a half inch barrel in just ok condiction ,asking price is same 2 L ,loading system is like S&W type ,Colt is a big name but how good are these old revolvers :? james .

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:35 pm

:? just go ahead and buy the IOF .32 Mk II Revolver,rather than spend 3 to 4 times that amt on a used

piece.That is if at all you plan on buying a hand gun :wink:

Whatever happened to your rare Walther PPK that was put up for sale :?:

james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by james » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:31 am

Hi,Sanjay Thanks for reply,walter is sold and i am looking for a good .32 revolver at reasonable cost purely for self defence ,iof revolver needs kanpur traveling permission , 30 days time and moreover 5 years sales restriction which does not suits my future agendas as i am soon shifting to Australia.I really hate webely shot grip,what do you think are the options left in INDIA as far as pocket revolers are concerned, :? James..

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:45 am

Hi James,
Please put some more light on Colt.BTW where are you from,i mean which state??As i am also searching for a Handgun.
Thanks
james";p="30055 wrote: Hi,Sanjay Thanks for reply,walter is sold and i am looking for a good .32 revolver at reasonable cost purely for self defence ,iof revolver needs kanpur traveling permission , 30 days time and moreover 5 years sales restriction which does not suits my future agendas as i am soon shifting to Australia.I really hate webely shot grip,what do you think are the options left in INDIA as far as pocket revolers are concerned, :? James..
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by james » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:25 pm

Saw another .32 4inche barrel Ruby box pack almost in new condiction,dealer is claming that it has done only 30 shots he is asking 1.80 L ,got really tempted as this looks exactly like S&W and offered him 1.20 .Ruby is not famous for revolvers ,please do post your views on this offer.cheers James...

james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by james » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:41 pm

Finally got offer of 1.50 L , what tough guys at IFG had to say about Ruby 32.cheers JAMES..

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:20 pm

You'd be better off spending your money on a brand new IOFB revolver... They really aren't that bad... and I'd rate a new IOFB piece higher than a used/ abused "no-name" imported one - which is what this sounds like... Besides it'll cost you less than 50% of the asking price you have posted above!!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:19 pm

I fully agree with Abhijeets views. An IOF revolver is thousand times better than this old silly, unknown stuff buttchered by so called gun smiths of our country. I still cant get over the fact why do we have this facination for this old imported junk.

I could have understood if itwas something worth while . I have been after a pair of M.L.Revolvers for the last few years and so have been a few dealers. I still havent succeded nor have those guys. But I am simply in love with the revolvers ever since I have seen it. I have offered the most fancy prices for it and I know the pair of revolvers I want to buy would never fire nor would they be of any use to anyone. If you have something llike that its fine to pay money but comparing a ruby and IOF just buy IOF ...

AC
Last edited by art_collector on Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lawman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Lawman » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:58 pm

Hi James, please post the pictures of your Ruby.

Lawman

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:45 am

Sanjay is right - Ruby pistols were made by ( or possibly for ) Llama.
I can`t understand why people consider spending a pile of money on elderly Spanish handguns because most are decidedly poor quality. The only Spanish pistols worth buying are some Astras and a couple of the actual Llamas.
Spending c. £1760 on a Ruby is madness..........
The IOF revolver might have had decidedly mixed reviews from members of this forum but has to be a much better bet than investing in some cheapjack Spanish junk.

mittu_in
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mittu_in » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:21 am

Please paste a photo of .32 Ruby