How to get Bangalore Police Verification certificate (PVC)

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
ren_jith
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ren_jith » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:18 pm

Summary
Go to (in person? I am not sure, I went in person) Bangalore police commissioner office and submit filled request form. In two weeks one Police Constable will come to your house for verification. He will confirm your name and address and collect two photos and sign a declaration saying you are staying on the given address. After 30 days from the submission of form you can go and collect the PVC.

1. Where to go
1.1 Bangalore Police Commissioner Office, Infantry road.
1.2 Single window service section. When you enter into Police Commissionar office, on the right side.
1.3 Timing - weekdays 10:00 to 18:00 (Better go around 11:00). Weekend timing I don't remember exactly anyway first half is working.
1.4 Single window service section - enquiry counter. There are two guys to help out on your questions.
1.5 You can park your vehicle inside the Police Commissioner Office campus. Go straight, dead end take right, you can see parking space.

2. What to submit
2.1 Filled Police verification request form. (Form is available from Police Commissioner Office Single window service section - enquiry counter.)
2.2 Chalan (How to get Chalan, see following title "How to get Chalan")
2.1.1 Chalan amount of PVC for your stay in Bangalore - IRS 3000/- (This is required for joining KSRA)
2.1.2 Chalan amount of PVC for your stay in Banglaore and previous state stay - IRS 6000/- (No idea what is this for)
2.3 Three passport size photographs
2.3.1 One photo should be pasted on the request form.
2.3.2 Other two, submit along with the form.

3. Where and When to submit
3.1 All the above three need to be submitted in the Police Commissioner Office Single window service section - counter 2)
3.2 Timing - See 1.3
3.3 You will get a printed acknowledgement specifying the date of tentative PVC collection date. Usually it is 30 days from the date of submission.

4. What after submission
4.1 In two weeks of your request submission, one police constable will come to your house and confirm your name, address and duration of stay. (Will he confirm it with neighbors? I don't know.)
4.2 He will ask to give a self signed declaration on the same.

5. Where and when to collect PVC
5.1 Go to Police Commissioner Office Single window service section - counter 2, submit the acknowledgement and collect the PVC. While receiving PVC, you need to sign on the acknowledgement with receiving date and give it.
5.2 Timing - See 1.3

How to get Chalan

Summary
You can take Chalan from State Bank of Mysore treasury branch.

1. Where to go
1.1 State Bank of Mysore - Treasury branch, Opposite to Bowring hospital, Shivagi Nagara. (20 mins walk from Police Commissioner Office, straight Infantry road)
1.2 Timing - Weekdays 10:30 to 14:30. Saturday 10:30 to 12:30

2. What to submit
2.1 Filled Chalan form. You need to buy form from any of Xerox shops near to State Bank of Mysore - Treasury branch. IRS 1/- per form.
2.2 For PVC, Chalan should be taken on head of the account 00-55-00-103-0-04

3. Where to submit
3.1 State Bank of Mysore - Treasury branch, Chalan counter. (First floor)

4. How is the process?
4.1 Along with the Chalan form, give the cash. (Form does not have denomination section; you need to write it on the back side of the form.)

5. When to collect
5.1 On the next counter you can collect it then itself.

At both places, expect the usual government office environment.

This is all I could recollect. I could not find this detailed information, thought could be useful to folks around.

For Advertising mail webmaster
TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:25 pm

This is good information, clear-cut and wonderfully specified. (I work in the Human Factor Engineering Dept and am in charge of User Interface Specifications for a range of products. I would rate this submission as very well detailed.)
Thanks so much, Renjith.
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

hellfire_m16
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by hellfire_m16 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:38 pm

A very detailed and clearcut info.
Thanks Renjith
-Vinayaka
"Men are like steel, when they lose their temper they lose their worth."
-Chuck Norris

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: How to get Bangalore Police Verification certificate (PV

Post by art_collector » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:17 pm

Hi,

This was amazing piece of some precise information.

Would some one post the procedure to get a licence in Delhi too .

Look forward to hearing from members in Delhi.

AC

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:14 pm

ren_jith";p="33778 wrote:How to get Bangalore Police Verification certificate (PVC)

Summary
Go to (in person? I am not sure, I went in person) Bangalore police commissioner office and submit filled request form. In two weeks one Police Constable will come to your house for verification. He will confirm your name and address and collect two photos and sign a declaration saying you are staying on the given address. After 30 days from the submission of form you can go and collect the PVC.

1. Where to go
1.1 Bangalore Police Commissioner Office, Infantry road.
1.2 Single window service section. When you enter into Police Commissionar office, on the right side.
1.3 Timing - weekdays 10:00 to 18:00 (Better go around 11:00). Weekend timing I don't remember exactly anyway first half is working.
1.4 Single window service section - enquiry counter. There are two guys to help out on your questions.
1.5 You can park your vehicle inside the Police Commissioner Office campus. Go straight, dead end take right, you can see parking space.

2. What to submit
2.1 Filled Police verification request form. (Form is available from Police Commissioner Office Single window service section - enquiry counter.)
2.2 Chalan (How to get Chalan, see following title "How to get Chalan")
2.1.1 Chalan amount of PVC for your stay in Bangalore - IRS 3000/- (This is required for joining KSRA)
2.1.2 Chalan amount of PVC for your stay in Banglaore and previous state stay - IRS 6000/- (No idea what is this for)
2.3 Three passport size photographs
2.3.1 One photo should be pasted on the request form.
2.3.2 Other two, submit along with the form.

3. Where and When to submit
3.1 All the above three need to be submitted in the Police Commissioner Office Single window service section - counter 2)
3.2 Timing - See 1.3
3.3 You will get a printed acknowledgement specifying the date of tentative PVC collection date. Usually it is 30 days from the date of submission.

4. What after submission
4.1 In two weeks of your request submission, one police constable will come to your house and confirm your name, address and duration of stay. (Will he confirm it with neighbors? I don't know.)
4.2 He will ask to give a self signed declaration on the same.

5. Where and when to collect PVC
5.1 Go to Police Commissioner Office Single window service section - counter 2, submit the acknowledgement and collect the PVC. While receiving PVC, you need to sign on the acknowledgement with receiving date and give it.
5.2 Timing - See 1.3

How to get Chalan

Summary
You can take Chalan from State Bank of Mysore treasury branch.

1. Where to go
1.1 State Bank of Mysore - Treasury branch, Opposite to Bowring hospital, Shivagi Nagara. (20 mins walk from Police Commissioner Office, straight Infantry road)
1.2 Timing - Weekdays 10:30 to 14:30. Saturday 10:30 to 12:30

2. What to submit
2.1 Filled Chalan form. You need to buy form from any of Xerox shops near to State Bank of Mysore - Treasury branch. IRS 1/- per form.
2.2 For PVC, Chalan should be taken on head of the account 00-55-00-103-0-04

3. Where to submit
3.1 State Bank of Mysore - Treasury branch, Chalan counter. (First floor)

4. How is the process?
4.1 Along with the Chalan form, give the cash. (Form does not have denomination section; you need to write it on the back side of the form.)

5. When to collect
5.1 On the next counter you can collect it then itself.

At both places, expect the usual government office environment.

This is all I could recollect. I could not find this detailed information, thought could be useful to folks around.
A slight addition to this.

In order to get the PVC you have to procure the Challan FIRST. The form is issued only after it is shown.
You have to go in person as the receipt is given only to the person who has applied for it.
IMP
In case you feel you do not need the PVC (after getting the challan) then have the challan cancelled IMMEDIATELY as it can be exchanged for a refund before 16:00 hrs the same DAY ONLY.

P.S. I finally applied for one today. Got the KSRA forms too. Once i get the PVC i shall post details later.
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

Zenbon
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Zenbon » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:08 am

ren_jith";p="33778 wrote:How to get Bangalore Police Verification certificate (PVC)

Great information Renjith.
what I would like to know is I have been residing in bangalore only since July 2007. Would the chalan detail you mentioned in 2.1.2 apply to me?
If you always think about your Future, your Present will become your Past! - Zenbon

lazybones
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by lazybones » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:29 pm

Superb instructions Renjith. Feel I can now do it in my sleep :D . Shall head over as soon as TenX confirms that new memberships are open at KSRA.

Ashok

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:13 pm

good work and detailed well done.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Bangalore Police Verification certificate (PVC) for KSRA

Post by TenX » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:02 pm

After talks with the Police Commissioner, K.S.R.A. has managed to convince the police department to discount any charges for getting a PVC done, for joining KSRA.
As per this, a new form will be issued by the Admn. Officer of KSRA, duly filled up and attested. On presenting this form at the Police Commissioner's office, the previous charges for PVS will not be collected, and PVC will be done free of charge.
This change will shortly be announced (officially) on the KSRA website.

Based on the above, the new proceedure will be as follows:

Below is a detailed step-by-step approach to get the Police Verification (PVC) done in Bangalore, for obtaining training/membership at K.S.R.A.

> Visit the K.S.R.A. Admin Office (Mr. Krishna B M G) and obtain the Police Verification request form, along with the CRT form (if required).

> Following this, approach the Bangalore police commissioner office and submit filled request form at the Single Window Service section - enquiry counter (Timing - weekdays 10:00 to 18:00; Location: To the right after entering the Commissioner's office; Parking: Available inside the Commissioner's office campus))

> At the single window counter, you will have to submit the following:
Filled Police verification request form. (Form is available from Police Commissioner Office Single window service section - enquiry counter.)
Address Proof(s) for two years (Passport, Ration Card, Voter's ID, etc)
Three passport size photographs (One Photo pasted on the form, with two photos enclosed.).

> You will receive a printed acknowledgement specifying the date of tentative PVC collection date.

> In two weeks of your request submission, a police constable will come to your house and confirm your name, address and duration of stay.

> You will also need to provide a signed self-declaration in this effect, during the house verification.

> To receive the PVC, go to Police Commissioner Office Single window service section - Counter 2.

> Submit the acknowledgement, and collect the PVC against a received acknowledgement.

> Sometimes, the PVC will be sent directly to the K.S.R.A. Admin office, by the Police Department, which you will be informed of, while submitting the acknowledgement.
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

Zenbon
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: Bangalore Police Verification certificate (PVC) for KSRA

Post by Zenbon » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:26 pm

TenX";p="57349 wrote:After talks with the Police Commissioner, K.S.R.A. has managed to convince the police department to discount any charges for getting a PVC done, for joining KSRA.
:D :D
Tenx and all the other guys who managed to do this - hats off to you!
If you always think about your Future, your Present will become your Past! - Zenbon

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:49 pm

Hee Ho.. Sometimes it pays to be lazy :D :D

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:10 pm

Guys.. no credit for me....
I, along with others, only mentioned about the heavy payment to be made, following which teh Admn Offr and the Secretary drove the chariot across the finish line.
Not to forget the very enthusiastic Commissioner, who immediately issued the order for removal of PVC charges for KSRA members-to-be. It was a decision taken and implemented in a few seconds, very much unlike any other uniformed babu :) :)
Hats off to them :)

Matter of fact, I believe this has come into effect since about a month back, but was officially confirmed today when LazyBones and I paid a visit to the KSRA office, for LazyBones' membership kick-off.
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

lazybones
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by lazybones » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:42 pm

It absolutely pays to be lazy :D
First, you get TenX to drag your sorry bag of bones (Sherpa like) through the process; and then, he fixes it so that all us newbies have loads of moolah left at the end.
Thanks boss, I'd never have made it without you.

Ashok

yash3_great

Post by yash3_great » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:45 pm

Kudos! How i wish things could get this streamlined and proper at other state associations also.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:41 pm

Two wheeler parking is possible but other vehicles may need to be parked outside (not on Infantry Road) due to a building coming up where the old parking lot used to be.

Inder, time you pulled that finger and applied for membership.